Thursday, May 16, 2013

Guess What? CBS is # 1 with aliens, #1 with llama farmers and #1 with A25-54 toll takers who eat jellybeans for breakfast!






The answer to Wednesday's Trivia Question: Eric and Tami Taylor moved to Philadelphia in the series finale of Friday Night Lights.
FIRST FIVES: James Schiro, Sue McNamara, Bob Kaplan, Caryn Vitolo, & Monica Caraffa
Honorable Mention: Priscilla Paez

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5 
The Voice-NBC 3.4/10.2
NCIS-CBS 3.2/18.1
NCIS LA-CBS 2.5/13.3
New Girl-FOX 2.1/4.0
The Voice Recap Show-NBC 2.0/6.6

Tuesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
The Voice-NBC 206,927
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 104,196
NCIS-CBS 86,145
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 82,439
New Girl-FOX 76,247

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 2.4/5.3
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.7/4.0
Deadliest Catch-Discovery-1.1/2.7
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.6
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.1

Tuesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 317,042
The Bad Girls Club-Oxygen 210,635
Stanley Cup Playoffs-NBC Sports 43,778
Tosh.0-Comedy Central 34,807
Piers Morgan-CNN 29,759

CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
2013-2014 PRIME TIME SCHEDULE
(N=New, NT=New Time, all times ET/PT)

MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM              HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
8:30-9:00 PM              WE ARE MEN (N)
9:00-9:30 PM              2 BROKE GIRLS
9:30-10:00 PM            MOM (N)
10:00-11:00 PM          HOSTAGES (N)
                                       INTELLIGENCE (Mid-Season) (N)
 TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM              NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM            NCIS: LOS ANGELES
10:00-11:00 PM          PERSON OF INTEREST (NT)

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM              SURVIVOR
9:00-10:00 PM            CRIMINAL MINDS
10:00-11:00 PM          CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION

THURSDAY
8:00-8:30 PM              THE BIG BANG THEORY
8:30-9:00 PM              THE MILLERS (N)
9:00-9:30 PM              THE CRAZY ONES (N)
9:30-10:00 PM            TWO AND A HALF MEN (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM          ELEMENTARY

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM              UNDERCOVER BOSS
9:00-10:00 PM            HAWAII FIVE-0 (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM          BLUE BLOODS

SATURDAY
8:00-8:30 PM              COMEDYTIME SATURDAY (N)
8:30-9:00 PM              COMEDYTIME SATURDAY (N)
9:00-10:00 PM            CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM          48 HOURS

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM              60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM              THE AMAZING RACE
9:00-10:00 PM            THE GOOD WIFE
10:00-11:00 PM          THE MENTALIST

Okay so, I can't go to EVERY upfront, I have to be strategic about which ones I go to and I have to hope that my workload permits...I chose to go to CBS. I wanted to be there. WHY? Because it's the best one to make fun of! I had high hopes when Joanne Ross came out with the dress that had messages on it, but you know that it's all about Les Moonves for me. I'm obsessed with this guy.  First of all, I'm guessing that he got some Wednesday morning. I can picture it.  Julie's got a whole grain bagel and lox with lowfat cream cheese ready for  Les on the table. He strolls in already in the custom made power suit and tie.  Les is going over his notes and how many different ways he can tell the advertisers that CBS is number one when Julie says..."What about The Talk babe? We must be number one in something?" Les responds with "I'm not talking about Daytime today Jules". Julie goes for the belt buckle and then the zipper and the next thing ya know...not only was Daytime and The Talk the new #1 talk show in Daytime against who knows what but all the women of The Talk got to stand up, take a bow and get some applause. Yep...it's just that simple! For the record, in the hour and half presentation of the new SIX shows, CBS reminded us that they were #1 in some way 25 times...yes...I kept track. They also made me wait 43 minutes to see the first new show in the lineup. I guess since their audience is so old, they think they need to constantly remind us what they already have and what we already know.  The best part of the presentation was the "One Year More" performance with the entire cast of How I Met Your Mother. In addition to the annoying #1 stuff and the LONG wait to see the 6 new shows, Les took the opportunity to skewer NBC whenever possible. First a dig towards the drama of The Today Show and then another one featuring Jay and Jimmy...que Letterman who came out on stage to awkwardly hug Les.  Sort of creepy.  There was no real mention of innovation, apps, cross platforms etc. Their BIG news was that on Monday's at 10 we would get Hostages in the Fall and then it would share its time period with Intelligence. Everything else schedule wise stays the same. Older audiences don't like change so the status quo is good enough.  I was surprised that Mike & Molly was being held for midseason to give The Millers and Mom a chance. The Millers has promise as does The Crazy Ones with Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar.  Hostages looked good, but I didn't think I'd watch it until the last second of the trailer when a crazy twist was revealed and now I think I have no choice but to add it to the Season Pass list.  If any of the Survivors were present, I didn't see them which was a huge disappointment.  So that was CBS. Exactly what you'd expect...while they gave me a lot to make fun of this morning, they also gave me what I expected. A boring, smug, back patting presentation that lacked innovation, pizzaz and a recognition of a changing time, a changing world etc. I loved it when Nina Tassler wrapped up the presentation by looking up at the Fall Schedule and telling us all that THIS was the most powerful schedule of programming IN THE WORLD!  IN THE WORLD!!! Come on guys really?
Modern Family
I've always wanted to take my family cross country in an RV but I thought it would be fun for a day or so and then we'd all get on each others nerves which is EXACTLY what happened to the Dunphy's on Modern Family last night. I also experience crazy sports parents on a daily basis at my son's baseball games, so I clearly found Mitch and Cam's gymnastics antics identifiable and hilarious as well.  I still cannot stand Lily, but Mitch and Cam are so great that they take away a bit of my hatred for her when I'm watching the show.  The entire Jay/Manny/Gloria thing was ridiculous and while normally Sofia Vergara's acting is top notch, the scene where she found the invitation in Manny's bag was atrocious. I can't believe the director kept it in. Maybe he's high on allergy meds or something.

Nashville
Teddy is such a doosh. I can't stand him. I really can't.  A restraining order against Deacon? COME ON! You knew the second we all found out that Deacon was Maddie's real father that Deacon would find out too. What I didn't see coming was that Maddie would be the one to tell him. Holy cow! Bummer though because it's probably going to mean that he and Rayna won't be together for all of next season.  I sort of had a feeling that Juliette's Mom would kill Dante...didn't think she'd die though.  That got me. How ridiculous is Gunnar's "outlaw" persona? I guess not as ridiculous as Scarlett's clothes.  I wonder if Clare Bowen, the actress who plays Scarlett, is dying for a makeover.  I'd be SO bummed seeing what Rayna and Juliette get to wear every week and then the costume chick makes me wear Mrs. Ingalls dresses.  If all that happened last night, what's going to happen in the season finale next week? Can't wait.
Tonight is the Scandal season finale and I already feel like I need a Xanax!

NEWS & INFORMATION

-TNT and TBS announced Wednesday that they will be the first national entertainment network to provide live streaming of their broadcasts. Beginning this summer, subscribers nationally will be able to watch the networks' broadcasts live on any tablet or smartphone. How are they first when ABC is live right now? Am I missing something?
-Xtina and CeeLo are returning to The Voice. Was that ever a question? When they left, it was sold to the public as a hiatus but we never thought they weren't coming back...at least I didn't. Who turns down 17 million bucks for a few months work? NOBODY!

Thursday's Trivia Question: In the Mary Tyler Moore series finale, what song did the WJM news team sing to end their time together? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

1 comment:

  1. GREAT Trivia Question. I have no idea what the answer is but I remember watching it. I love great finales and that was a great one.

    ReplyDelete