Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It took 8 years but...WE FINALLY MET MOM!!!






The answer to Monday's Trivia Question:  "Time of Our Life" by Green Day was the song played at the end of Seinfeld.

FIRST FIVE: Dan Realson, Lance Beitler, Sean Reardon, Monica Caraffa & Sue McNamara
Honorable Mention: Karen Perry

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Survivor-CBS 2.6/9.9
Family Guy-FOX 2.4/4.7
Survivor Reunion-CBS 2.2/8.3
Once Upon a Time-ABC 2.2/7.2
The Simpsons-FOX 1.9/4.0

Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Survivor-CBS 205,836
Once Upon a Time-ABC 89,091
Revenge-ABC 71,795
The Simpsons-FOX 66,265
Bob's Burgers-FOX 28,318

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 171,985
Mad Men-AMC 66,135
Stanley Cup Playoffs-NBC Sports 64,305
Long Island Medium-TLC 61,343
Married to Jonas-E! 52,068

Top 5 DVR'ed Shows for the week of 4/22/13-4/28/13
The Big Bang Theory-CBS From a 4.5 to a 6.6 (+47%)
The Following-FOX From a 2.4 to a 4.2 (+75%)
Grey's Anatomy-ABC From a 2.7 to a 4.0 (+48%)
Elementary-CBS From a 2.0 to a 3.3 (+65%)
NCIS-CBS From a 2.8 to a 3.9 (+39%)

I wasn't able to attend the FOX Upfront yesterday but here is the schedule they announced. Again...I will provide feedback as soon as I start checking out the pilots.

FOX 2013-2014 SCHEDULE
(All Times ET/PT)
MONDAY
8:00-9:00 PM                          BONES (fall) / ALMOST HUMAN (new; late fall)
9:00-10:00 PM                        SLEEPY HOLLOW (new; fall) / THE FOLLOWING (midseason)
TUESDAY
8:00-8:30 PM                          DADS (new)
8:30-9:00 PM                          BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (new)
9:00-9:30 PM                          New Girl
9:30-10:00 PM                        The Mindy Project
WEDNESDAY
8:00-10:00 PM                        The X Factor (fall) / American Idol (midseason)
THURSDAY
8:00-9:00 PM                          The X Factor Results (fall) / American Idol Results (midseason)
9:00-10:00 PM                        GLEE (fall) / RAKE (new; midseason)
FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM                          JUNIOR MASTERCHEF (wt) (new; fall)
9:00-10:00 PM                        SLEEPY HOLLOW encores (fall)
Late Fall:
8:00-9:00 PM                          BONES (late fall)
9:00-9:30 PM                          Raising Hope (late fall)
9:30-10:00 PM                        ENLISTED (new; late fall)
SATURDAY
7:00-10:30 PM                        FOX SPORTS SATURDAY
11:00 PM-12:30 AM               ANIMATION DOMINATION HIGH-DEF
SUNDAY
7:00-7:30 PM                          NFL Game (fall)
7:30-8:00 PM                          THE OT (fall)
8:00-8:30 PM                          THE Simpsons
8:30-9:00 PM                          BOB’S BURGERS
9:00-9:30 PM                          Family Guy
9:30-10:00 PM                        American Dad
How I Met Your Mother
Okay...I'll officially admit that I was sort of happy with the How I Met Your Mother season finale, sort of.   For all of you that thought Marshall and Lily would actually leave town and go to Italy for a year...I told you that would NEVER happen.  While I thought they'd just have one of those cliche "we can't leave our friends" moments and change their minds, I was surprised when Marshall, while in Minnesota visiting his Mom, was offered a judgeship (is that a word?) by the guy in the Swagger Wagon video and accepted the gig without telling Lily. Lily was home in NYC with Ted in his new house learning that he was selling it and moving to Chicago so he didn't have to stand by and watch Robin and his BFF live the life he wanted.  Lily knew something was up and Ted told her about the entire locket incident only to realize that Lily put the locket in the race car box that was sitting on Ted's desk at that very moment.  Robin and Barney had a great pre-wedding night out where they were totally in sync, happy and perfect and messing with a snooty couple in the restaurant. As everyone headed to the wedding, we FINALLY...FINALLY got a glimpse of THE MOM.  She had on the brown boots, she had the yellow umbrella and she was buying a ticket to Farhampton.  She's a short, sort of cute brunette, played by Cristin Millioti from the Broadway musical Once.  She looks like she could be Robin's sister. So why wasn't I 100% happy with the season finale...no wedding! No "meet/cute"...just a glimpse.  Not enough...I needed just a bit more. A look, a bump in, a smile SOMETHING!

The Voice
The Voice was live last night and for the first half hour,  the studios AC was out and everyone was sweating.  It didn't matter though...Usher was decked out in black, sporting some bling and at one point got so hot that he took his shirt off and showed us his guns.  Adam had a ton of product in his hair as it seemed extra shiny and at full attention on top of his perfect head.  Shakira was a little more sparkly than usual and had a cheerleader ponytail thing  working which was really cute. Blake was looking really handsome.  The judges portion of the show is sort of over at this point and now it's all up to us.  
Vedo-Team Usher-sang "Rock With You" by Michael Jackson.  Not that great and he was realllllly sweaty! 
Holly Tucker-Team Blake-sang "With a Broken Wing" a song I didn't know. It was great.
Garrett Gardner-Team Shakira-sang "I Want it That Way" by my favorite boy band. No way he's winning.
Sarah Simmons- Team Adam-- sang "The Story" another one I didn't know. She got off to a slow start and then it got better.  Her dressed looked like curtains being pulled up.  I didn't like her overall. 
The Swon Brothers-Team Blake- sang "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes?" I didn't know the song, but I love them and they did great.
Sasha Allen-Team Shakira-sang or should I say screamed the song "Alone". I didn't dig it.  
Josiah Hawley-Team Usher-sang "The Man Who Can't Be Moved".  I liked it and he looks like Luke Perry from 90210, so thumbs.
Danielle Bradbery-Team Blake- sang "Wasted" another one I didn't know, but she was great.
Judith Hill-Team Adam-sang "You've Got a Friend" sporting some horrible hair that I can't believe Adam would approve of, but it didn't matter because she was awesome and she's going to win this thing hands down.
Michelle Chamuel-Team Usher-sang "Call Your Girlfriend" another song I didn't know. I didn't love her red shiny pants or her performance. 
Chris Thomas-Team Shakira-sang the Mariah Carey version of "I'll Be There" and had a bit of trouble with the high notes, he should have gone for the Jackson 5 version instead. Not the greatest. 
Amber Carrington-Team Adam-sang "I'm Gonna Love You Through It". She killed it.

Family Tree
I hated it...I never do well with British comedies, even if they are done by Christopher Guest who I love. I'm not positive this one was a comedy. The ventriloquist sister with the monkey wasn't funny...just disturbing.  Michael McKean did do a British accent pretty well, I'll give him that. I don't know what to say other than, I just didn't get it. 

Nurse Jackie
How cute was it that Jackie was so nervous about her date with the cop? How cute was everyone trying to help her and calm her nerves without pills? Even though we know from award show season that Edie Falco cleans up well, it was nice to see Jackie all dressed up with somewhere to go and someone to go with. All of these months where she was calling Charlie's phone, I had a feeling Cruz was at the other end of it. Totally didn't see Jackie and Cruz sleeping together though...that was a bit surprising.  Not surprising at all was Grace's lie to her Mom about going to a friends to see the Hunger Games, the text photo was just too perfect. Good for Grace though...she felt uncomfortable and called her Mom.  Also good was new doctor's misdiagnosis on the dancer's leg and who caught it??? Absented minded Akalidis.  What IS going on with her?

News & Information:

After attending the NBC Upfront and viewing the FOX clips I could find online last night, I honestly think it's unfair to judge and give my thoughts without watching the full pilot episodes. So I'm going to hold MOST of my thoughts until I've done this.  Of course I do have a few things to say: 

NBC had a few shows that looked decent. I'm surprised that the one show I really liked isn't my normal thing...it's called Crisis. I'm hoping that the pilot's as good as the clip.  Everyone was talking about The Blacklist with James Spader which looked good, very similar to The Following...but...it has Spader playing the creepy, crazy, criminal guy and he rocks at everything he does so that one could be a hit that I don't watch.  I'm concerned about the Michael J. Fox show.  I think EVERYONE is rooting for MJF. We all want him back and want him to be awesome. I'm nervous that the Parkinson's jokes are going to get old fast and while MJF gives us permission to laugh at his disease, I still felt uncomfortable doing it. I've always loved Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and he's PERFECT as Dracula. That one could be good. I love a sexy vampire as long ass it isn't too scary. I don't do scary.  Welcome to the Family, Sean Saves the World, About a Boy and The Family Guide all seem fine from the clips, but I'd need to watch the entire pilot to make my official statement on them.  Undateable looked lame. The new JJ Abrams syfy thing Believe isn't for me, but it looked good. I don't do medical, but Night Shift didn't look terrible and I don't do cops, lawyers, fireman etc, but Chicago PD, a spinoff of Chicago Fire, seemed solid. Blair Underwood as Ironside will probably do just fine, but another one that doesn't make my list. And don't forget...OLYMPICS with an extra day of events and coverage starts Feb 6, 2014 from Sochi Russia.  See...I totally paid attention! 

On FOX, Only Rake with Greg Kinnear and Us & Them starring Jason Ritter and Alexis Bledel interested me right off the bat. How funny is it that Jason Ritter broke up with Lauren Graham on Parenthood only to go star in a sitcom where he dates her former TV daughter? I'm pretty sure that's a guy thing right...a mother and a daughter?  I know, I know, this is a family friendly blog.  

Tuesday's Trivia Question: What was inside Joey and Chandler's Foosball table during the final episode of Friends?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment