Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Only Below Deck for me last night

REMINDER TO PLEASE SEND IN YOUR NOMINEES FOR BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL WWTMMY AWARDS! 



The answer to Monday's Trivia Question:  Jamie Foxx was in the TV Show In Living Color and also currently stars in White House Down on the big screen.

FIRST FIVE: Karen Feldman, Tiffany Noquiera, Nancy Provod, Monica Caraffa, & Tara Dowling
Honorable Mention: Priscilla Paez

Friday's Cable Top 5
Red-TNT .9/2.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0
Law & Order SVU-USA .7/2.1
Jessie-Disney .6/3.7
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy .6/2.2

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 1.7/5.7
Family Guy-FOX 1.4/3.1
American Dad-FOX 1.3/3.1
Under the Dome-CBS 1.1/5.1
Celebrity Wife Swap-ABC 1.0/3.2

Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 71,212
Celebrity Wife Swap-ABC 28,565
La Voz Kids-Telemundo 26,881
The Simpsons-FOX 26,409
Whodunnit-ABC 20,263

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
BET Awards-BET 8,614,721
The Wanted Life-E! 230,541
Dexter-Showtime 111,613
True Blood-HBO 88,830
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 46,187

Below Deck
Last night was the premiere of Below Deck, Bravo's new reality on a yacht show. I actually enjoyed it. The show follows the crew working on a massive luxury yacht for hire.  Of course they are all young and single and they lovvvvvve to mingle. There are some cute guys and cute girls.  Some of the crew is annoying and some are fun to watch. There's a very straightlaced, by the book captain, and of course there are the guests. In the premiere episode, the guests were a group of gay photographers headed to a photo shoot, but when one of the crew members found cocaine in the bathroom, she reported it to Captain Lee who turned the boat around and kicked the guests off. It would have been a better show if they got to stay, but I get it...you can't have illegal substances on the boat and on camera. Johnny Eyelash was the guest in charge. He showed up on board wearing a dirty bathrobe and just drank all day and wasn't happy to be kicked off the boat, but what are ya gonna do? Apparently it's in the contract they sign when they charter the boat. Oh well. I do think I'm going to continue to watch. The show's fun and it's a different world that most of us just aren't exposed to. I'm intrigued by it. 

News & Information:

-As I predicted, Jeff Probst has confirmed that this season's "blood and water" theme on Survivor will be all about families. What I didn't realize is that family members would play against one another and not with each other. Of course the family members involved have yet to be revealed, but I'm guessing that Russell and his nephew Brandon will be back. Russell said he wouldn't play again, but maybe Jeff and CBS were able to coax him out of retirement. I was also hoping that Boston Rob and his wife Amber, would be back and playing together, but who knows at this point? Can't wait til the cast is revealed, this should be a good one. 

-With the success this past year of The Bible on The History Channel, NBC was smart to cajole Mark Burnett and his angelic wife, Roma Downey to bring their next installment of Jesus and his buddies to NBC.  Personally, I don't know if NBC is the right network for the show, but that's just me. It felt right on History. Of course I didn't like the show and only watched the premiere, but I was absolutely in the minority on that one as the show was hugely successful ratings wise.

-For anyone jumping on The Sopranos bandwagon or for anyone who wants to re-watch one of the best television dramas ever, HBO On Demand has brought the show back for everyone to take in all over again. You can watch on air, online and of course on the awesome HBO GO App. If you have never seen The Sopranos (and hopefully none of my readers fall in to that category) I suggest you stop everything you are doing this Summer and start from episode 1 immediately. It's amazing television. 

-This years BET Awards were seen by 7.6 million viewers and was the 2nd highest rated awards show on the network EVER.  The only show to do better was the 2009 Michael Jackson tribute which makes complete sense.  If you saw the Trendrr numbers I posted yesterday, you would have seen the BET Awards in the number one spot by far. The show accounted for 51% of all social chatter on Sunday night.  

-Also on Sunday night, Showtime's premiere of Ray Donovan did pretty well and hit a record for series premieres on the network. Ray was seen by 1.3 million viewers with its initial airing which beat out the premiere of Homeland by 25%. I don't think it's fair to compare the two shows this way though. Homeland airs against Sunday Night Football and Ray airs against a vast wasteland of nothingness. I'll be very curious to see if those numbers even hold. I didn't love Ray Donovan. Did you guys check it out? What did you think? You going back for more? I'm not. 

-Dexter also premiered on Showtime Sunday night. This is the final season of Dexter and 2.5 million people tuned in to watch the beginning of the end. I really need to watch this show on demand. I know it's great, I know I'd like it, I think 8 seasons is a LOT to catch up on, but I know me...I can do it. 

-ABC renewed Extreme Weight Loss for a 4th season...anyone watching that these days? Probably not, but for those into the weight loss thing, you may want to check out The Biggest Loser this season when American Idol winner, Ruben Studdard, competes on the show. Ruben could suck viewers back in.  I bet NBC's counting on that. 

-Congrats to Bob Iger who got the good word that he's staying put as head of ABC through 2016. I didn't have any doubts about that one, Bob's done an awesome job with the network so far. 

-Man, bankruptcy is such a funny thing and one I'm certainly no expert in at all, but it seemed to work out pretty well for the Tribune company. After getting out of bankruptcy, Tribune is now ready and able to purchase all of the16  Local TV television stations for 2.7 billion dollars making it the country's largest local TV station owner. Once the sale is complete, Tribune will own 42 television stations in the US. This includes 14 of the top 20 markets.  Love that Chapter 11. 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: TV Show: 1600 Penn/Movie: Independence Day. Name the Actor that starred in both. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment