Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Orange is the New Black. 13 Episodes in 5 Days...Please start watching people!





The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question: The 2 Ojai references I was going for were The Bionic Woman, and Brothers and Sisters. I also would have accepted Melrose Place but that was a bit of stretch. 

FIRST FIVES: Dan Realson, Phyllis DiCesare, Kathy Connelly, Francesca Sullivan & Karen Feldman

Honorable Mention: Jim Carter
Additional Trivia Answers: The 2 songs in Sunday's episode of The Newsroom were "You Better You Bet" by The Who and "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison. Nancy Provod was first in on that one.
The other question about the Joe Dantanna reference in Newsroom, Dan Tanna was the guy in Vegas played by Robert Urich.  Gigi Crayon was first with that one. 

Sunday's Cable Top 5
True Blood-HBO 2.5/4.5
Keeping up with the Kardashians-ET 1.3/2.5
Real Housewives of NJ-Bravo 1.2/2.7
Falling Skies-TNT 1.1/3.3
Celebrate Sandler Mara-FX 1.1/2.6

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
Under the Dome-CBS 2.7/10.8
The Bachelorette-ABC 1.9/6.6
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 1.5/5.1
Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls-NBC 1.4/3.8
Mike & Molly-CBS 1.2/5.2

Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
The Bachelorette-ABC 120,967
The iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party-CW 52,471
Under the Dome-CBS 45,201
Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls-NBC 28,924
Mistresses-ABC 28,343

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Home Run Derby-ESPN 2.6/6.6
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 1.9/3.5
WWE-USA 1.5/4.0
Hit the Floor-VH1 1.2/2.2
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9

Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Home Run Derby-ESPN 1,043,323
Teen Wolf-MTV 365,656
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 355,138
Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta-VH1 318,704
Anderson Cooper-CNN 57,173

Property Envy
Ryan Serhant from Million Dollar Listing NYC was a guest on the panel of Property Envy last night. He's hilarious and took a bit of the spotlight away from Jeff Lewis if that was even possible. In the middle of all of the appraisals there was a bizarre Cher real estate game and a guess who lived here game. The games are a little bizarre and don't really go with the rest of the show, but, I do find them oddly enjoyable. I also love when Stephen Collins says "Our show is coming to a close". It sounds so good when he says it.  All of the homes are unique and interesting as are the panel of experts. It was a good diversion from the All Star Game...I was getting bored. 

Orange is the New Black
Here's why binge viewing sucks...you can't talk to anyone about what you watched. I just finished the first season of Orange is the New Black on Netflix. 13 episodes in 5 days. It was SO good, but I can't talk about it. I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I don't want to say the wrong thing, give anything away etc. BUT I NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT WITH SOMEONE!  So please people...someone jump on this so we can discuss.  I'm begging.  It's SO good and SO different and where it started is not where it ended at all.  I started with very specific feelings about all of the characters and every thing's changed. If you like Breaking Bad, you WILL like OitNB...you will I promise, money back guarantee. 

NEWS & INFORMATION:

-For all you Full House fans, Uncle Jesse and his band The Rippers are going to be playing on my FBFF, Jimmy Fallon's show on Friday night.  Jimmy likes to do cast reunions, he's done Cosby and Saved by the Bell, so maybe DJ, Stephanie and Michelle will show up? I DVR it every night, so I know I won't miss it, but you guys may want to set your DVR's too. Don't worry if you don't, I'll make sure I post whatever's worth your time anyway.

-AMC is banking on Low Winter Sun as its next big hit after Breaking Bad ends this Summer. They're even giving sneak peeks at 20 movie theatres around the country.  Hey AMC, why don't you do what some of the other nets do, offer a sneak peek online too! Then I will definitely see it early, post about it and make it a huge hit...I promise.

-I know I didn't like Ray Donovan, but someone does...already renewed for another season. You guys still watching? Did it get any better?

-I honestly thought The Glee Project was cancelled already, but apparently it wasn't officially cancelled until now.  FOX's late renewal of Glee didn't leave producers enough time to turn the series around, so now...it is officially cancelled. The show did launch the careers of quite a few young actors and actresses and had a pretty passionate following. I wasn't one of them. I watched the first season, not the second.  Bummer Ryan Murphy...not a good week for you huh?

-After my post about The Newsroom, my cousin alerted me to the fact that Aaron Sorkin was on The Daily Show Monday night and John Oliver actually asked him the same question I asked. Why did he decide to use old news as opposed to more current news as the plot of the show.  His answer was interesting and made sense. He said that he liked the dynamic of having the audience know more than the characters and having us see the news process etc. Okay so now that I know the answer, I'm going to try to change my thinking when I watch next Sunday's episode...both times. 

-Nathan Fillion aka Castle didn't show up for work yesterday. He doesn't seem to want more money, he wants to work a bit less for the same money. 4 days instead of 5.  Don't we all Nathan? Don't we all?  Technically he would be making more money if you do the math, but I get it. Look Howard Stern only works 3 days a week and he makes a boatload of dough, so maybe Nathan's taking the Howard approach.  Let's see what ABC thinks of this.   

-I did predict that Cory Monteith died of a drug overdose, I never in a million years thought it would be heroine, but it was. So didn't see that coming. Sad.

-Looks like if TV Broadcasters want Aereo to go away, it's going to have to go to the Supreme Court. CBS and other broadcasters lost their appeal.  The previous ruling gave Aereo the right to stream live TV.  Barry Diller has a lot of money, you knew this wouldn't die.  Could get ugly and I'm guessing he's going to win this.  Not cool for them, but cool for consumers willing to pay the $8.00 a month. 

-56% of all streaming devices sold in the world are Apple TV devices. Roku is second with 21.5%.  In Q1, Apple sold 13 million Apple TV's worldwide and Roku sold 5 million. The rest of the competitors don't sell more than a million a month.  

-Apple's also in talks to provide an ad-skipping system but they'd pay the broadcasters part of the subscription fee to offset the ad dollars. Well, that would pretty much put many of us out of business, so I'm hoping this one doesn't happen. Otherwise, I better figure out pretty quickly how to make money out of this blog thing. 

-This isn't a gossip column, so I really shouldn't discuss Adam Levine's engagement, but I really thought he'd take the Clooney route and while I have a wonderful husband and really no shot at Adam, I'm bummed by this news. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: My favorite Aaron Sorkin show was Sports Night on ABC.  Do you remember Felicity Huffman, Josh Charles & Peter Krause's characters names?  I honestly had to think about it a bit, but I got um.  Let's see who gets them all. No cheating! 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

1 comment:

  1. I just watched Orange is the New Black in 3 days. I love that show! It has great writing and acting. I can't believe we have to wait for a whole year to watch season 2.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete