Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Betrayal, Revenge, Hart of Dixie, HIMYM and my update on Masters of Sex


The answer to Monday's Trivia Question:  Jennifer Gardner played Sidney Bristow who worked for SD6 in the show Alias. 

FIRST FIVE: Mike O'Dea, Karen Feldman, Monica Caraffa, Jim Carter & Dani Jackel
Honorable Mention: C'mon are you guys off your game or what? Only 5 correct answers? That's an all time low! 

Friday's Cable Top 5
NBA-ESPN 1.1/2.4
Gold Rush-Discovery 1.1/3.0
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.7
WWE-Syfy .7/2.7
The Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .6/1.2

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-5.7/15.3
Football Night in America Pre-Kick 4.2/11.8
60 Minutes-CBS 3.2/15.0
The Simpsons-FOX 2.5/5.4
Family Guy-FOX 2.5/4.8

Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 196,717
Once Upon a Time-ABC 77,003
The Simpsons-FOX 47,221
Revenge-ABC 41,544
Mira Quien Baila-Univision 27,785

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
The Walking Dead-AMC 459,919
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 101,192
The Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 97,712
Talking Dead-AMC 39,149
Cousins Undercover-HGTV 35,025

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 359,400 Tweets
The Real Housewives of Atlanta- Bravo 90,800 Tweets
Keeping Up With The Kardashians-E! 24,100 Tweets
Homeland-Showtime 10,800 Tweets
Talking Dea-AMC 41,100 Tweets 
 
Nielsen Twitter Ratings for the Week of 10/28/13-11/3/13
The X Factor-FOX 372,500 Tweets 
The Walking Dead-AMC 359,400 Tweets  
Scandal-ABC 193,800 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 189,800 Tweets 
American Horror Story-FX 126,200 Tweets 


Betrayal
I have no idea how long this shows going to last. There were rumors yesterday that ABC cancelled it, but after checking them out, I was told that SO FAR, the shows on the schedule for a while. I sure hope they just finish out the story, because man it's getting SO juicy! I was on edge the entire episode. I mean, Drew knows that Sarah's having an affair he just needed to piece it all together and of course he did. I thought that Sarah talked him off the ledge but then THE BLOOD! OMG! who leaves a bloody towel around? First Jack takes a photo and doesn't delete it, then he leaves a bloody towel in a hotel room. Sloppppy!  He's supposed to be a professional.  Doesn't matter, Drew put ALL the pieces together and the cherry on top of the cheaters sundae...the cell phone! What a cliffhanger ending. I don't see how this show could possibly go more than one season, I just really want to make sure that I get closure on Sarah and Jack. Personally, I'd love to see them sail away on that beautiful boat together. They NEED to be together. 

Revenge
Who'd a thought that of all the couples I'd be rooting for on this freaking crazy bad/good show it would be Nolan and Patrick? Of course when I root for someone, they never end up together, and my streak continues, for now. Patrick was sent packing. Poor Nolan, he just wanted a friend in Emily/Amanda and this girl just continues to make his life miserable. First she interrupted his morning hydrotherapy then had him get Jack to tell Conrad that it was Patrick who messed with his car. Conrad told Victoria and Victoria told Patrick to leave for his own safety. Now that's a crazy game right? I'm hating Emily/Amanda and Aidan, Charlotte's bangs and that Daniel's a Met fan who left a baker with a broken spine. I also find Emily/Amanda's big plans for a family honeymoon to be absolutely ridiculous even though it's all part of her plan to set up Victoria for her fake murder. The whole thing is just insane. Good thing Homeland's back on track although I'm taking my choice for Sunday's at 9pm week by week a this point. 

How I Met Your Mother
FINALLLLLY MOM stuff!!! Sure we had to wait til the last 2 minutes of the show, but at least it was SOMETHING and it was something juicy. We got to see Ted propose to the nameless Mom. As much as I was finally getting SOMETHING, I still wasn't happy. Why you ask?  It's the final season of a pretty successful show, we are all waiting for any tiny tidbit about Ted and the Mom. The writers finally give us a pretty decent one and they do it with a fake cheesy background? The writers chose for Ted to propose on top of a lighthouse. Okay fine, but they couldn't go on location to a real lighthouse? They had to use a cheesy fake background? Whatever happened to going out in style? I Googled it and there are lighthouses in California, but if the scenery wasn't ideal it didn't have to be a lighthouse, it could have been anything else. A beach, a bridge, something, but a FAKE background? It really really just ruined the entire episode for me and it was a pretty decent episode overall. Ted's Mom's BF, Clint ,was back for a hilarious appearance, Lily's still drinking  and not getting drunk, and Robin and Barney's Mom actually hugged it out. All ruined by a fake lighthouse. 

Hart of Dixie (for the 3 of us and you know who you are)
I can honestly say that I like Zoey with Joel, I like Zoey with George and I like Zoey with Wade. Who she'll be with when this show ends...no idea.  Oh and if they don't bring Peter from One Tree Hill back for Lemon I'm going to be pissed. Nuff said done with that one.

News & Information:

-If you remember a few months back, Amazon posted a handful of pilots and had the public vote on the ones to make into a series. We chose Alphas, a political show starring Mark Consuelos and John Goodman and Betas, about a group of friends trying to strike it rich in Silicon Valley. Both of the shows premiere on Amazon this month. The first 3 episodes of each will be free of charge for everyone. After that 1 episode a week  will be released for Amazon Prime members. (I of course am one).  If you haven't seen the original pilots, check them out here: http://www.amazon.com/AIV

-I know there are a lot of Saved by the Bell fans out there and I'm not sure you guys will want or NEED to watch, but E! just announced that starting Monday they will be running the show in a 7-9am morning block.  They'll start off with a 5 hour marathon beginning with Season 2 when Zack Morris first arrived in Bayside. C'mon...whose setting their DVR's?  

-For the past 2 years, Jimmy Kimmel put together hilarious videos of parents telling their kids that they ate all of their Halloween candy. These videos kill me. Here's 2013's installment. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK-oQfFToVg

-Vince Gilligan the master behind Breaking Bad will be putting on his acting hat for a guest appearance on Community. His episode will air over the winter. I'm just happy to write anything about Vince so I had to include this one today.

-On a separate note, many of you have recommended Masters of Sex to me. I've actually been watching it since its premiere. Every time I go to write something about it, I seem to get stuck. Not sure why.  When I write this blog, its pretty much as stream directly from my brain to the keyboard. I usually go back and proofread it in the morning after I write it, but that's how I do it. I have no idea why writing about Masters of Sex isn't coming (no pun intended) out easy for me. I do promise to keep trying and once its ready...it'll just...well...again, no pun intended...come. Just wanted you all to know that I am watching it.

Tuesday's Trivia Question: What was the name of the secret organization that Scully & Mulder went up against  on The X Files? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

1 comment: