Wednesday, November 27, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks to all of you for reading every day, sending notes, comments, feedback, answering trivia questions etc. I love writing this thing, it's good to know there are people out there who like reading it.  


The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question: Greg Brady directed his family in the Thanksgiving Movie on The Brady Bunch

FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Phyllis DiCesare, Dan Realson, Jim Carter & Karen Feldman

Honorable Mention: Monica Caraffa
Bonus Trivia Question #1 Walt Longmire
Bonus Trivia Question #2 Brando Wilkes on Hart of Dixie was played by Lawrence Pressman who was on Doogie Howser with Neil Patrick Harris!
Bonus Trivia Question #3 It was Faberge Organic Shampoo who told 2 friends and so on and so on etc.


Sunday's Cable Top 5
Walking Dead-AMC 5.7/11.2
Talking Dead-AMC 1.8/3.4
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.5/3.2
Boardwalk Empire- HBO.7/2.1
Homeland-Showtime .7/1.9

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 3.4/11.5
The Blacklist-NBC 3.0/10.9
How I Met Your Mother-CBS 2.9/7.6
2 Broke Girls -CBS 2.7/7.8
Mike & Molly-CBS 2.5/8.4

Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
The Voice-NBC 144,835
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 112,079
How I Met Your Mother-CBS 46,093
Castle-ABC 38,929
The Blacklist-NBC 19,325

Monday's Cable Top 5 
MNF 49ers/Redskins-ESPN 4.9/13.1
Love and Hip Hop-VH1 1.7/3.1
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 1.4/4.2
Chrissy & Mr. Jones-VH1 1.3/2.4
Black Ink Crew-VH1 1.2/2.2

Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 214,569
MNF 49ers/Redskins-ESPN 157,814
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 111,499
Black Ink Crew-VH1 17,793
Chrissy & Mr. Jones-VH1 15,350

Monday's Nielsen Top 5 Twitter Ratings
The Voice-NBC 136,800 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 132,200 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 91,100 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 79,900 Tweets
How I Met Your Mother-CBS 16,700 Tweets

Getting On
It took 2 1/2 hours to get home from work last night and I still had work to do when I got there, so I didn't watch much TV at all. Oddly enough I chose to watch a show called Getting On. It's a new Sunday night show on HBO starring Laurie Metcalf from Roseanne and Niecy Nash from Reno 911. The show takes place at an extended care facility in California. Niecy Nash's a nurse and it's her first day on the job.  All of the patients are VERY old women. The shows supposed to be a comedy and I guess there were some funny moments, but I gotta be honest, it's tough to watch. The show began with one patient dying, one patient screaming in Cambodian, and a mysterious poop found on a chair. Laurie Metcalf's an odd/nasty doctor doing poop research who finds out she's permanently assigned to the facility. I didn't like her at all, but you weren't supposed to. Nurse Dawn's an odd chick. Obsessed with finding a husband and being too hygienic, she's an interesting character. I've never seen her before. It's only a 6 episode season, I may be able to deal with it for 6 episodes, but I'm scared that if I end up liking it, it will come back for a full 13 and I don't think I could take this show for that long. Maybe I should jump ship now. The shows so different, like most good HBO shows, that I feel compelled to stick around for the remaining 5 episodes to see where it goes. Keep ya posted.

Homeland
What's worse? Brody going through withdrawal or seeing Dana? Honestly, for me, Dana was worse. Hopefully this will be the last time we see her for awhile. So here's my new idea. Take all the crazy drug addicts and send them to the Army's detox program. Apparently you can not only get through it in 16 days, but you come out of it strong enough to shoot guns and go on secret missions. Great idea right? So do we trust Saul? I don't. Carrie doesn't, not sure why Senator Lockhart does. Turns out the Senator's working with Israeli intelligence, the guy that's sleeping with Saul's wife. I thought Carrie was going to tell Brody about the baby before leaving for the big mission, but maybe she really doesn't know who the father is. Plus I don't think he would have been to happy about her smoking if he knew she was carrying his baby. Mathematically I don't think it can be Brody's kid, but it's TV so maybe they'll use some  magic to make the timing work. So, now's when the show gets good again. Brody's back. Headed to Tehran and working for the US Government. I wish him luck, but since I don't trust anyone other than Carrie at this point who knows what will happen. At least the shows back on track. 

NEWS & INFORMATION:

-Congratulations to Amber Riley for winning Dancing with the Stars, she now has possession of a giant shiny ball trophy to carry around with her. I didn't watch one episode of DWTS and thought that either she OR Corbin Bleu would win from the beginning since both of them have significant dancing experience. Deck was sort of stacked in their favor if you ask me.

-Ryan Tedder from One Republic's got a new gig, house producer over at The Voice. He's going to write an original song and customize it for each of the 3 remaining contestants who will perform it at the conclusion of the season. I can't get from what I've read if all 3 versions of the single will be available on Itunes immediately after the finale or just the winners version, but you'll be able to buy SOMETHING immediately after the finale. If you remember, this was done before on American Idol. Remember the song? 10 bonus points if you do. 

- After just 5 weeks, Alec Baldwin's show is OVER! Buh Bye MSNBC. Can you imagine those conversations? 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: On A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, who invited herself and her friends over to Charlie Browns house for dinner?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment