Monday, December 2, 2013

A Very Jimmy Thanksgiving!




O...M...G!!!! Do you see this people? Let me set the stage...Dream number one of marching in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade about to come true.  Woke up at 4AM put on a thousand layers of clothes and headed in to NYC. Got to the New Yorker Hotel, got my soldier costume on, my hand and foot warmers in and got bussed up to our Pepperidge Farm  Goldfish float. Hanging out waiting to head downtown, JIMMY FALLON arrives and is hustled on to his Sesame Street float. Best husband ever gets Jimmy's attention and snaps this photo. Jimmy called me "Pal" and we both wished each other a Happy Thanksgiving". No time to invite him for a sleepover, reveal my secret stalker identity, or let him know that I'm his future best friend. I'm hoping that one day we'll be hanging at his place, going through old photos and we'll stumble upon this one and say "Hey...this is the day we met!" Great Thanksgiving, so much to be thankful for!  

The answer to Wednesday's Trivia Question: Peppermint Patty invited herself over to Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving.
FIRST FIVES: Steve Goulden, Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Heather Doyle & Karen Hadley
Honorable Mention: Francesca Sullivan

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
NFL Steelers/Ravens-NBC 6.0/18.6
NFL/Big Bang Theory-NBC 4.9/15.8
Football Night in America-NBC 3.9/12.5
The Crazy Ones-CBS 2.7/9.1
The Crazy Ones-CBS 1.6/5.5

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
The X Factor-FOX 834,253
Glee-FOX 77,247
Lady Gaga & The Muppets-ABC 21,664
Modern Family-ABC/ISA 13,497
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving-AB 10,514

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NA

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Impact Wrestling-Spike 12,640
Braxton Family Value-WE 6,387
Impractical Jokers-Tru 6,057
Punkin Chunkin-Multiple Networks 3,173
Pawn Stars-History 1,316

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings 
NA

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Garth Brooks-CBS 1.8/8.7
The Grinch that Stole Xmas-ABC 1.5/5.8
Shrek the Halls-ABC 1.5/5.3
Grimm-NBC 1.3/5.6
Dateline-NBC 1.2/7.1

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Grimm-NBC 8,914
How the Grinch Stole Christmas-ABC 5,233
The Carrie Diaries-CW 4,600
Nikita-CW 4,009
Dracula-NBC 3,405

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA Warriors/Thunder-NBA TV 58,740
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 40,884
Modern Family-USA 5,365
Say Yes to the Dress-TLC 4,673
The First 48-A&E 2,386

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Rankings
Garth Brooks-CBS 39,400 Tweets
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy 26,700
Raising Hope-FOX 1,600 Tweets
Roby Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory-MTV 1,400 Tweets
Ridiculousness-MTV 1,300 Tweets

Homeland
Well, we waited 10 weeks for something juicy to happen and to remind us why Homeland was so good back in the day (last season) and boy did it finally deliver. What an insanely intense episode last night. I was going to try and stay light about it. Talk about the fact that Carrie's pregnancy is not longer a secret since since Quinn was able to just go and read her chart. There just are no secrets in the CIA huh? Carrie said the baby's not Brody's. Mathematically I believe her, but story wise I think they'd have to make it his.  How she hasn't miscarried with all this stress, I'll never know. I was also going to bust on Saul and his need for Blackjack gum during stressful times, but once Brody was on the ground waiting to cross the border I was sweating and in need of something too. Although I'd go to chocolate instead of gum, but I digress. Weren't you devastated when Juvadi shot Brody's bud? That guy was hot and they killed him. Even now as I'm  typing, even though I know it's just a show and Brody's not REALLY in Tehran with no exit plan, it's stressing me out. Especially because there's only 2 episodes left and I'm just not sure he'll get out by then, which could mean that Showtime will leave us hanging for a year. Totally unfair to abuse the audience for 1/2 the season and then when they finally got us wanting more...Season Finale time.

Strike Back
The Jets suck, the Giants aren't much better, the Knicks are stinking and I don't do hockey, so I've got had some time on my hands lately. I became obsessed with Strike Back a few weeks ago thanks to a recommendation from one of my loyal readers, He Who Shall Not Be Named. I watched Strike Back: Origins and then all 3 seasons of the current series in a little under 3 weeks.  Damn this show is good. It's of course insanely unrealistic (I think) but who cares? The show airs on Cinemax. If you have the Go App, you can watch um all there right now. The show follows two of the most bad ass guys ever, Damien Scott and Michael Stonebridge. They're not just bad ass, they're hot and funny too!  Damien and Michael are part of a British military secret ops team called "Section 20".  They can do anything and everything and they make it look easy. They make Jack Bauer look like a p*ssy. Each episode's pretty much the same. There's a bad guy, lots of shooting, lots of fighting, a precarious predicament, an escape from the precarious predicament and either the target escapes til next week, or our guys get the bad guy. There's also awesome sex scenes and both our guys are topless and sometimes bottomless. (Butts only). The sex doesn't balance out the violence but it sure does help. I tried to count the bodies in one episode and couldn't keep up, that's how bloody it gets, but you honestly don't care. Everyone's bad and our guys are good, that's all you need to know.

NEWS & INFORMATION

-Do you think it's a coincidence that the year that I am in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, they deliver the best ratings in 11 years? Sure Jimmy, Ariana Grande, Austin Mahone, Snoopy and Santa were there too, but the numbers were crazy good and Carruba was marching. The show averaged a 13.5 household rating in the 56 local markets, which was up 11% vs. last years broadcast.  Against A18-49, the show averaged a 7.2 which was up 9% vs. last year.Carruba factor...just sayin.

-Is there such a thing as too much Jimmy Fallon? Not in my opinion there isn't. This clip from Late Night aired on Wednesday night before Thanksgivakuh. Jimmy, Rashida Jones and Carrie Underwood started the holiday off right. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRy0ONLBFfc&feature=youtu.be

-I haven't seen BBC America's new show, Atlantis, but it's already been renewed for a second season after only 1 episode. Numbers were good and BBC America's coming on strong with all of their great original programming these days. I personally can't wait for Orphan Black to come back. If you haven't seen that one, binge it now before Season 2 starts. It's really, really good!

Monday's Trivia Question: Call me names, say what ever you want, but I've loved The Sound of Music my entire life. Nobody's more excited about the live performance of it on NBC Thursday night than I am. Soooooo how about a Sound of Music week of trivia? What is the youngest Von Trapp kids name? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment