Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DId Cougar Town Jump the Shark?




The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question: Peter Bogdanovich played Dr. Melfi's therapist on The Sopranos

FIRST FIVES: Lance Beitler, Bob Kaplan, Megan Quirk, John Romeo, & Alex Nagler
Honorable Mention: Daniel Block 
Bonus Trivia Question #1 Zoom's zip code was 02134 (send it to Zoom)
Bonus Trivia Question #2 The song from The Good Wife was "Thicky Trick"

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 2.1/4.5
Blood Sweat & Heels-Bravo 1.1/2.4
Ax Men-History 1.0/2.8
Law & Order SVU-USA 1.1/3.0
Thicker than Water-Bravo 1.0/2.2

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Bachelor-ABC 2.7/8.4
Castle-ABC 1.8/8.7
 2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.7/6.8
Almost Human-FOX 1.7/6.2
The Blacklist-NBC 1.1/4.1

Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
How I Met Your Mother-CBS 15,888
Almost Human-FOX 10,947
Hostages-CBS 4,373
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1,750
Santa Diabla-Telemundo 1,489

Monday's Cable Top 5 
BCS Championship-ESPN 8.7/25.5
Love and Hip Hop-VH1 1.6/2.8
WWE Entertainment-USA 1.6/4.4
Single Ladies-VH1 1.4/2.5
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.5

Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 328,316
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo 19,864
NHL Hockey-NBC Sports 12,546
Vanderpump Rules-Bravo 10,736
Piers Morgan-CNN 8,601

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
The Bachelor-ABC 434,600 Tweets
Teen Wolf-MTV 920,600 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-226,100 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 150,300 Tweets
Wolf Watch-MTV 36,800 Tweets 

The Goldbergs
So happy to see Adam, Murray Barry, Erica, Pops and my favorite, Bev Goldberg back on my TV last night. I miss them all when they aren't on. This weeks episode reminded me of my beloved Sony Walkman. OMG I wouldn't go ANYWHERE without it. I loved that thing. Pops's pants were pulled up ultra high, Vic had the Jheri Curl workin, Adam had all of his 80's toys like Megatron, and the GI Joe Aircraft carrier on display...ahhhh those were the days. Barry and Erica convinced Adam that he needed to give up all of them in order to score his first kiss. Loved Adam's ski jacket, but come on guys, didn't you think Adam's science goggles was a great idea to protect him from the, Drakkar Noir cologne cloud. My husband had the same moves back in the day. Bev went to get Adam's toys back and wore this giant sweater schmata (is that how you spell schmata?). That was a fashion item I had forgotten all about. Hope you watched the show to the very end and saw Murray the Maniac. Who was he spoofing for 10 points? An additonal 5 points if you can name the song played in this weeks episode.

Cougar Town
I hate to say it, I really do, but I think Cougar Town jumped the shark last night. Travis and Laurie are together making out all over the place, Bobby's beard kept changing lengths and now he has money via Penny Can royalties. 3 out of 6 members of the cast can barely open their eyes, and if all that wasn't enough, Stan, the kid, had a storyline. I don't know, no matter how cool of a Mom you are, walking in on your kid and your best friend naked in the shower isn't cool...at all. Hate to say it, but maybe 4 years was enough. What'd you guys think?

NEWS & INFORMATION:

-I know I told you all about the Shameless, House of Lies and Episodes marathons over on Showtime, so I'm sure you're all in catch-up mode. For anyone who's all caught up...the first episodes of the new season are also available RIGHT NOW on the Showtime website, YouTube, On Demand, the App and more.  If I have a chance, I'm going to check out Episodes since that's the only one in the bunch I watch. Love getting a jump on things, thanks Showtime. 

-I'm SO not a big comic book person. I watched the first episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. mainly because it's my job and I wanted to see if it was a bandwagon I wanted to jump onto. It wasn't, but for all of you Marvel die hards, Stan Lee himself is going to be making an appearance during the February 4th episode. Yep...sweeps stunt!

-My FBFF, Jimmy Fallon and his BFF, Justin Timberlake not only delivered the best SNL ratings in a year, but they also generated SNL's largest ratings increase ever against A18-49 for same day ratings to live plus seven ratings. The show grew from a 3.7 to a 5.5. Total viewers increased from 9.4 million viewers to 13.1 million viewers. Leave it to my FBFF to kick ass big time. Again, if you haven't seen the episode, check it out on Hulu. I think I watched it 4 times. 

-You guys know I'm not a Bachelor fan, but I don't judge all of you who are and I know a ton of people were  excited about Juan Pablo. Not just all of you guys but it seems America in general as the Juan Pablo premiere was the highest rated Bachelor premiere in 3 years and lead the night as you can see from the numbers above. The show delivered a 2.7 RA18-49 which was up 17% over last year. 8.5 million viewers tuned in which was up 23% vs. last year. What is it about this Juan Pablo guy, can someone fill me in? 

-My friends at TiVO released some info regarding the most binged shows during August-October. I'm sure you can guess what number 1 and probably even number 2 was, but the others will surprise you I bet. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead...sure but NCIS, Castle and Law & Order? A bit shocking no?

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Name Busy Phillips's character's name from Freaks and Geeks. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment