Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday 2/3 Can you believe I've been doing this for 2 years? I can't!

February 1st is technically WWTM's 2 year anniversary. As of today, there have been 164,626 pageviews. Thank you all for 2 years of fun and support. I'm still learning so much about blogging but loving every minute. You guys are the best! 

Congratulations to Mike O'Dea, Monica Caraffa and Priscilla Paez for their wins of the January Trivia Contest! Wow! Crazy impressive knowledge among you guys!  Gift card of your choice coming your way.

February Trivia Contest starts today. All correct answers count.


THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Beyonce, Madonna, Black Eyed Peas, The Who & Bruce were the last 5 Superbowl half time performers prior to Bruno who was probably the best part of the game last night. 
FIRST FIVES: Neil Moffatt, Mike O'Dea, Lillian Doremus, John Romeo & Caryn Vitolo
HONORABLE MENTION: Priscilla Paez 

THE NUMBERS 


Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 5.1/18.8
American Idol-FOX 3.1/11.2
The Millers-CBS 2.8/11.7
Elementary-CBS 2.0/10.1
The Crazy Ones-CBS 1.9/8.2

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.3/3.1
Pawn Stars-History 1.1/3.9
Honey Boo Boo-TLC .9/2.2
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0
Family Guy-TBS .8/1.6

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
The Vampire Diaries-CW 89,100 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 34,600 Tweets
Parks & Recreation-NBC 19,400 Tweets
Big Bang Theory-CBS 14,900 Tweets
Community-NBC 13,400 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 2.1/7.3
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.7/11.1
Undercover Boss-CBS 1.7/9.2
20/20-ABC 1.7/5.4
Bones-FOX 1.6/6.8

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy 42,400 Tweets
The Carrie Diaries-CW 25,500 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 12,000 Tweets
Bones-FOX 8,500 Tweets
Letterman-CBS 2,000 Tweets

The Blacklist broke its own record last week by delivering the biggest live plus three-day increase in broadcast or cable. The episode delivered an additional 5.62 million viewers vs. it's live plus same day audience.  While the audience is up 11%,  that is great news for the networks, sort of.  Advertising wise, I'm betting a very small amount of those 5.62 million viewers watched ANY commercials, tweeted, etc. Food for thought.

THE SHOWS 


Downton Abbey
Thanks to this beautiful snowstorm, I wasn't able to commute to work this morning. I took the opportunity to watch last nights episode of Downton Abbey. Don't you love Downton? Last night had a few tiny comedic moments were I actually laughed out loud. Lady Grantham SO got Lady Crawley pretty good huh? The look on Lady Crawley's face when Peck or Peg or whatever his name is walked into the drawing room in his socks and apron was classic, but even more classic was the look on Lady Grantham's butler's face when she asked him to bring the gardner into the drawing room in the first place. Also enjoyable, Mosley. He's in, he's out, he's out he's in. That Mrs. Hughes, she knew Mr. Carson would take him back once he proved he'd do anything even serve tea to the servants. GASP! Too funny that nobody knew Mosley's first name and then had to ask Mr. Carson's permission to bag it altogether. Joseph will now forever be known as just...Mosley like Cher or Madonna. Mary's back to her old self...sort of.  I'm thinking she and Mr. Blake will end up together at some point. If you remember correctly, she didn't get along with Matthew at first either. She really doesn't like Blake at this point, which could only mean she'll be making out with him at some point.  How awesome was it that Mary walked in on Rose & Jack. Was that more shocking than Edith being preggers? Where is Michael Gregson? Do you think he's dead or are the writers going to have him show up just as Edith's in labor or walking down the aisle with some other dude? Loved seeing Mr. Carson's face when Jack walked into the kitchen. I felt bad for Mr. Bates and Anna but loved when Cora saved the day and taught that snobby maitre'd a lesson.  Buh bye Alfred.  Daisy's already missing you. I love Downton. 

Girls
I was so obsessed with Superbowl viewing and how it would affect my Sunday night that I made sure on Saturday morning to watch Girls and Episodes. Why? I have no f'ing clue. I just hate Girls SO much. I hate Hannah, I hate Jessa, I hate Marnie and I feel like I never want to hear what they have to say again. Knowing this, I should delete my season pass for this show, but I can't seem to pull the trigger.  I mean, I know how to do it, I just don't do it. I couldn't believe Hannah could be SO inappropriate at a funeral and then so selfish yet again when speaking to her Dad and not asking or caring about the procedure he just had. I hate the "C" word and Lena Dunham never seems to edit it out of her scripts. I found it ridiculous and disgusting that right after Ray told Marnie how awful she is in general, she needed to have sex with him on his kitchen table that I'm sure hadn't been cleaned in months. However with all of that for me to b*tch about (and believe me, there's more) the thing that perplexed me the most this week was when Hannah subjected us to another "real" moment of her changing her clothes and choosing to put on a white belly shirt with plastic lizards all over it. WTF? This is a girl with no money...she paid cash for THAT shirt? I SO don't get this show. I so don't like this show and yet...I'll be typing the same stuff next week. Tell me to stop if you want. Maybe if you guys insist I stop watching it will give me the strength to delete the season pass. If not...til next week. 

Episodes
2 things that made this show better than it usually is. 1) Merc Lapidus hat in hand (NOT) pitching shows he had already nixed to his ex and her having the b*lls to call him out on it 2) Jay Leno's cameo. Nice to see Jay have some b*lls too! I'm not sure if I've ever seen Jay curse or be an out an out d*ck before, but he was to Matt LeBlanc and hate to say it Jay, but I liked it. Not sure how I feel about Castor Sotto. Other than having a cool name, the guys just out of his mind and now he has this new problem? 

Howard Stern's Birthday Bash
I've been listening to Howard Stern since 1988, I think. When I heard about his Birthday Bash, I honestly didn't try at all to get tickets. I thought about it a little, but for some reason I didn't try that hard. On Friday, I listened from 4pm as the pre-red carpet coverage began and didn't stop listening until the very end around 11ish. I was trying to remember the last time I listened to the radio all night long like that and I think it was when I was in high school waiting for my high school's Top 10 at 10 countdown. (Freebird was number one of course). For those of us who listen to Howard Stern everyday, and are part of this club, I'm sure you were checking your clocks to make sure you could get everything done in time to listen. Most of us don't always reveal that we are Howard fans to people we meet or people we know for fear of judgement, but once we find out that a person is a fan, we have a special connection.  I couldn't have been prouder to be a fan of this show on Friday night. The celebrities that turned up to honor The King of All Media's birthday who are part of my club did the King justice and made us all feel validated...finally. Validated for knowing all along that Howard's uber talented and is indeed a master. Master of riveting entertainment day in and day out. Master at revolutionizing terrestrial radio, and single handily bringing satellite radio into the mainstream. I personally want to thank Howard, Robin, Fred, Gary, and all of the rest of my faux family for making every single commute to work over the past 26 years as pleasurable as a commute can be. Happy Birthday Howard! 


THE OTHER STUFF 


I was in serious Super Bowl Sunday mode and didn't watch anything but the game (some of it) and the commercials (some of them). I didn't take any notes at all not even about the commercials. So my apologies for the worst Super Bowl coverage ever, but I'm guessing you don't need a recap since the media has us all a bit Super Bowl'ed out at this point.  I am curious though...what was your fave commercial or Super Bowl moment?

All those rumors about a Seinfeld reunion going around and I had a feeling it was for a commercial. I was right! Here's the entire thing in case you missed it during Half-Time.  http://www.crackle.com/c/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee/jerry-s-next-guest-is-howard-stern/2491398#id=2491414&ml=o%3D12%26fpl%3D2122323%26fx%3D

I was devastated to hear of Philip Seymour Hoffman's death yesterday. What an amazingly talented actor and what a terrible loss. I have loved him for so many years. I think the first movie I remember him in was Twister, but where he really came into the mainstream was Boogie Nights. Remember?  Looking at IMDB his list of accomplishments are vast: The Big Lebowski, Magnolia, Talented Mr. Ripley, Almost Famous, Capote, Mission Impossible, Before the Devil Knows Your Dead (great movie), Pirate Radio, Doubt, The Master, Moneyball & The Hunger Games to name a few. He was amazing in all of these, but I remember him and John C. Reilly on Broadway together in a play called "True West". What was amazing was that both of them would switch parts on different nights. I was lucky enough to see the play both ways. It was mind-blowing. When I saw it with PSH playing Austin I couldn't imagine him playing Lee. Then I saw him play Lee and it just took my breath away that someone could be so incredibly talented and that they could memorize an entire play.  Truly, truly saddened by this loss. RIP PSH.

The Writers Guild Awards were given out over the weekend. Winners included:
Best Drama-Breaking Bad
Best Comedy-Veep
Best New Series-House of Cards
Best Comedy/Variety-The Colbert Report

Here are some crazy Super Bowl ad spending facts:
Prior to yesterday, Anheuser-Busch has spent 149 million bucks between 2009-2013 on Super Bowl spots. Pepsi has spent 97 million and Coke 63 million. Ironically, I'm pretty sure, that consumption of all 3 of these brands has decreased over this same time period. I know I read something on Yahoo about a beer "crisis" just this weekend.

Monday's Trivia Question: Who said "Do You Believe in Miracles?  YES!"


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment