Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hard Choices Last Night. Survivor, Goldbergs & Modern Family That's Where I Netted Out.





THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Chris Hemsworth was in Thor, The Avengers & Rush. Liam was in all the Hunger Game movies and The Last Song
FIRST FIVES: Stephanie Baxter, Justin Jones, Dave DeSocio, Mike O'Dea & Bobby Aguilera
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter


THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NC 3.8/13.8
NCIS-CBS 2.4/17.4
NCIS New Orleans-CBS 2.0/13.8
Fresh Off the Boat-ABC 1.9/5.7
Person of Interest-CBS 1.7/9.4

Parks and Rec's finale delivered a 1.6/4.2 which was up 33% vs. last week.

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Being Mary Jane-BET 1.1/2.4
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.4
Haves and the Have Nots-OWN 1.0/3.2
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.3
19 Kids and Counting-TLC .9/2.4

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings
Parks & Rec Series Finale-NBC 346,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 130,000 Tweets
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 127,000 Tweets
Marvel's Agent Carter-ABC 72,000 Tweets
Being Mary Jane-BET 39,000 Tweets 


THE SHOWS 

I had 10 shows Tivoing last night. 10. My original plan was to try to watch 5 of them but one of my favorite cousins was in town and we went out for dinner and hung out til 10pm. So I had some serious viewing decisions to make. My 3 priorities were The Goldbergs Ferris Bueller episode, the Modern Family all online episode and the Season Premiere of Survivor. Now I'm super behind schedule and House of Cards Season 3 premieres tomorrow. The good news is there's not much on at all tonight, oh wait…I have to go to Dylan's iSearch project presentation at school. DAMN YOU REAL LIFE!!! (This is how I know I don't have to enroll in TVholics anonymous, I don't make excuses to stay home and watch TV)

The Goldbergs
OMG was The Goldbergs not awesome last night? The Ferris Bueller episode we've all been reading about was soooooo good! Barry took the day off and he would have made Ferris proud! He had the mannequin hooked to the door to the trophy, he had the white fringe jacket for his Sloan (Lainee), he had the hat and the glasses and Pops red Trans Am. He had Adam as his Cameron, and he had the leopard vest. They went to the museum, they held the kids hands, they went to the fancy restaurant and pretended to be Abe Froman the sausage king of Jenkintown, they went to the Phillies game and even caught a foul ball. The BEST part though was Erica's Jennifer Grey rendition. Now we know why Charlie Sheen wasn't able to appear in the Two and a Half Men finale…he was still at the police station! Yep, Charlie reprised his Ferris bad boy role! Tooooo funny. To end the episode, we even got Barry, Lainee and Erica doing "Twist & Shout" at Homecoming. I could watch this episode a few more times. If I did, I'd notice the little things like "Who's the Boss" and Bev's hilarious line when trying to save Barry from the swimming pool " hold on to my bosom and kick with your legs." If you're not on The Goldbergs bandwagon yet, this is the episode to jump aboard! 

Survivor
This season's experiment already has me hooked. It's SO interesting. White Collar, Blue Collar, No Collar. Unfortunately, the White Collar team doesn't have Matt Bomer but they do have team skills. They wanted to make an elimination schedule, use a calendar and form an action plan. Sound familiar? First meeting, they introduced themselves, and told us all a little about themselves. They were the only team that couldn't make their own fire and they were the only team that chose to deceive their team members. They lost the first challenge and ended up at tribal. Thank goodness SO was the first one voted off because her name is SOOOOOO annoying! SOoooo glad she's gone. The Blue Collar team got right to work and got a fire going. They have a juggling mailman, a Boston dude with bad hair and Mike the scorpion eater who puked the little dude right up Day 1. The No Collar team is pretty interesting but they have this super odd dude named Vince who hugs WAY tooooo long and wears feathers in his hair. This is going to be a great season, I can feel it. 30th Season, 15 years. I remember Season 1 like it was yesterday. 

Modern Family
Last nights all online episode of Modern Family was not only brilliant and  hilarious it was  extremely helpful and informative for Apple owners. I thought I was pretty proficient but I was feeling a little inadequate. I NEVER Face Time. EVER. Who knew you could facilitate a live face-to-face family meeting on your laptop? Not me. Not sure I'd want to or need to but now I know I can. Sure it was a gimmick episode, but gimmick aside, it reminded us of the show we all fell in love with. You remember that show, you remember when the writing was crisp and catchy and clever and Lily and Luke didn't bug the sh*t out of you. It's still in there, it is, I know it its. Maybe the shark jumped back? Is that even possible? Should I keep hope alive or was this the one hit wonder of the Jump the Shark season?

THE OTHER STUFF

-The entire cast of Parks and Rec appeared on Seth Meyers show Tuesday night after the finale. Makes sense, Seth is BFF's with Amy Poehler and he obviously is a huge fan of the show. If you're a Parks & Rec fan this final song is a must see. Check out April and Gerry/Terry/Larry Garry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZQQfkJ7hZY

-Guess who's checking in to the American Horror Show's super freaky Hotel next season? Lady Gaga. She'll star in Season 5 of the too-scary-for-Carruba, FX series. She probably won't have to even use the shows costumes, I'm sure she's got tons of ghoulish garb at home in her closet. 

Thursday's Trivia Question: On Grey's Anatomy, Patrick Dempsey plays McDreamy Dr. Derek Shepherd. In what movie did he play the McGeeky Ronald Miller?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment