Friday, January 29, 2016

Went to visit a friend and got home in time for Lip Sync Battle

January 29th 2016

Trivia Answer: Ernie Pantusso was Coach's real name on Cheers. 
First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Neil Moffatt, James Gabriele, Lance Beitler & Nicole Zittman

THE NUMBERS

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
American Idol-FOX 2.5/9.5
Criminal Minds-CBS 2.0/9.4
Mike & Molly-CBS 1.6/7.1
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.6/6.8
Modern Family-ABC 1.4/5.0

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/3.1
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/1.9
NBA-ESPN.9/2.0
Duck Dynasty-A&E .6/1.8
Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .6/1.4

Wednesday's Social Media Top 5
Supernatural-CW 66,000 Tweets
Arrow-CW 48,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 26,000 Tweets
The O'Reilly Factor-23,000 Tweets
Kocktails with Khloe-FYI 14,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 1/18/16-1/22/16
Fallon-1.0/3.7
Colbert-.5/2.6
Seth-.5/1.7
Kimmel- .4/2.1
Corden-.3/1.2
Carson Daly-.3/.9
Trevor Noah-.3/.8
Larry Wilmore-.1/.5

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 1/18/16-1/22/16
CBS This AM 1.0/1.1
GMA 1.6/1.8
Today 1.7/2.0

THE SHOWS
Lip Sync Battle
This weeks episode was bizarre but awesome. I wasn't excited when I heard that the contestants were Josh Gad and Kaley Cuoco. Nothing against them, they just don't do it for me. Well when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Both of these two can lip sync but Josh KILLED. Everyone's talking about his rendition of "I Touch Myself" (give me the band for a bonus point) which was pretty insane. Josh was decked out as Donald Trump and sporting a pair of money undies. I'll admit, it was awesome but I actually thought his performance of Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know" was spot on. He even got himself a giant bow replica that only kids of the 80's could appreciate. Kaley was great, don't get me wrong, I think she lost because of her poor song choices. First up was "Move Bitch" and then she did Brittney Spears "Slave For You" complete with live giant python. Josh got the belt but gave it to Kaley because she apparently has been dreaming of performing on the show and winning big. I'm thinking it was just a move to get Kaley to go home with him after the show. Doubt it worked but ya never know in Hollywood. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kGhL096II


THE OTHER STUFF

-Before the 4th season of House of Cards even premieres Netflix has already renewed it for a 5th season which I personally think might be a huge mistake. I thought Season 3 should have been the end and now that Beau Willimon, the dude who's been running the show since the beginning, is leaving, I think it's probably a bad sign. I love Frank Underwood but it might be time for him to resign and head to the village to meet a nice boy. 

-Stephen Colbert's Post Super Bowl lineup is official: Tina Fey, Margo Robbie, Will Ferrell and Key & Peele. I'm sure the show will be great but this line-ups a bit light, no? To be honest, I'm more excited about James Cordon's Post Super Bowl, Post Stephen Colbert's Post Super Bowl Superbowl special. Elton John Car Karaoke!

-With NBC saying buh bye to Trump here's the way the new Celebrity Apprentice is shaping up: 
Warren Buffett, Jessica Alba & Tyra Banks are on board as Arnold Schwarzenegger's board room advisers. Steve Balmer and Patrick Schwarzenegger (Arnold's nephew) will also be on hand to help out. Why on earth does Warren Buffet want to get involved in this mess? Boredom?  
Contestants include:
Laila Ali-Boxer and Muhammed's daughter
Brooke Burke Charvet-Pretty chick who used to host Dancing with the Stars
Eric Dickerson-Football Player
Boy George-odd androgynous 80s pop star
Matt Iseman-American Ninja Warrior guy
Carry Keagan-Anyone??? No clue
Carson Kressley-Queer Eye for the Straight Guy 
Lisa Leslie-WNBA
Vince Neil-crazy lead singer of Motley Crue 
Nicole Polizzi-Snookie
Kyle Richards-Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I guess if Brandi can do it, so can she
Chael Sonnen-Mixed Martial Arts guy
Porsha Williams-Real Housewives of Atlanta
Ricky Williams-Football Player
Carnie Wilson-Wilson Phillips not sure if she's heavy again guess we'll have to wait and see

Will you watch and if you will, why? For me, I don't really care about any of the contestants at all except Boy George and Kyle Richards. BUT…Arnold is PERFECT and I need to see Warren Buffett in the middle of the insanity,  so I'll definitely be checking out the premiere whenever that is.  WHEN NBC…WHEN???

-Pretty sure you guys watched Unreal on Lifetime last season but for anyone who hasn't. GET BINGEING!  The entire first season will be available on Hulu next week and consider it your February homework! 

IAB Word of the Day: Multi-Channel Network: A standalone entity that leverages digital video platforms to enable content producers to program, promote, monetize, and distribute their content as well as offer technical assistance in exchange for a percentage of the ad revenue earned.  

Friday's Trivia Question: What was Mozzie's real name on White Collar? Not the actors real name, the characters real name? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment