Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 1/18/12

Even with the weird glitch yesterday, and the many complaints that my trivia questions are getting too difficult, there were readers who knew the answer to the question:
Major Anthony Nelson’s BFF on I DREAM OF JEANNIE’s was Roger Healy
FIRST FIVES: Rich Carruba (my awesome husband), Milca Feliciano, Alyssa Leifer, Frank Q,  & Neil Strahl

Sunday’s Cable Top 5
STILL N/A  Holidays really really seem to be a problem for Nielsen…I bet TiVO doesn’t have any issues with holidays..

Monday’s Broadcast Top 5
TWO AND A HALF MEN (CFF)-CBS 4.6/12.8
TWO BROKE GIRLS-CBS 4.5/11.2
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)-CBS 4.4/10.1
MIKE & MOLLY-CBS 3.8/11.1
ALCATRAZ-FOX 3.3/9.9

Monday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
GOSSIP GIRL-CW 76,445
THE BACHELOR-ABC 46,948
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)-CBS 46,731
TWO AND A HALF MEN (CFF)-CBS 36,457
CASTLE-ABC 16,661

Monday’s Cable Top 5
N/A

Monday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
REPUBLICAN DEBATE-FOX News 400,926
LOVE & HIP HOP-VH1 172,350
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS-ABC Family 163,957
WWE RAW-128,091
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS-Nick 81,182

-So much watched last night and I didn’t even get to one of my favorite shows yet…
On Monday’s WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE, Kyle and super cute husband Mauricio from REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS were Andy’s guests in the clubhouse…Kyle performed her 3rd split of the season, and revealed that her sister, Kim is doing well, out of rehab, and apart from serial killer, Ken.  Good News for the Richards clan…nobody was happy with SKK…I am sure it kept Kathy Hilton (Paris’s mom and Kim and Kyle’s sister) away too!

-GLEE was really good last night but also a bit all over the place.  Lots of storylines, songs and even some synchronized swimming.  I have a bit of a problem here…with all of the budget problems McKinley seems to have, how in the world is the synchronized swimming program never on the chopping block?  That came out of nowhere.  Obviously someone on that show is a big fan of the old school MGM movies, when synchronized swimming was popular. (That was even before my time)   In addition to that, you had Finn considering a career in the Army and then proposing to Rachel (she better say NO), then you had Becky (and Helen Mirren) trying to date Artie (Becky was by far the best part of this week’s episode), oh and Mr. Schu proposing to OCD girlfriend Emma Pillsbury.  Did anyone notice that Kurt was wearing the eagles from the flagpoles at my house on his shirt collar?  Loved the “Summer Nights” GREASE tribute, Emma’s performance of  “Will” instead of “Bill” (with bridesmaids Coach Beast and Sue wearing the same hats that Eugenie and Beatrice wore to the royal wedding) and Sue’s reference to the Lifetime network as “television for ovaries” .  There were some things I didn’t like though:   Rachel, when she was singing and crying during “First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”  and Mr. Schu’s choice for a best man…Finn?  Really??? I think Mr. Schu needs some adult friends…does he have any?

-BEING HUMAN was back on Monday night and I had forgotten how much I like this one.  Here is the thing about all of these vampire/werewolf/ghost shows though…why is everyone is so bummed about their unfortunate circumstance?  What’s so bad about being a Vampire?  Doesn’t seem like there is much of a downside really. Sure you have to kill sometimes, but if you try to only kill the bad people and make friends with some people at the local hospital it’s not THAT terrible of a situation.  I do have a complaint to all of the writers of these shows though…you can’t turn everyone into monsters…we need some humans to make it interesting. On BEING HUMAN, Nora is apparently now a werewolf…I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen.  Still excited this show is back…I love Sally, Aidan and Josh…they are great supernatural roommates.

-THE LYING GAME wasn’t really a priority for me, but I did get it in last night too…now that Sutton is back, they have to find stupid ways for everyone to tell the twins apart…so they had Sutton smack her head twice which of course means she has to wear a bandage on her head so we know it’s her and not Emma…lame.  Some of the other story lines are a little far-fetched and all of the girls dress like they are 45 year old New York socialites instead of teenagers from Pheonix.  I may bag this one…

-The men in my family were looking forward to INKMASTER on Spike and I have to admit, I was too!  We all really liked it.  First of all, Dave Navarro is just awesome.  Guys love him, girls love him…he is so good on this show and you can see he has a love for the art of tattooing and that tattooing really is an art form.  These tattoo artists are really talented.  Their first challenge was to tattoo a skull on dead pigs hanging in a meat locker.  They only had 90 minutes to complete the challenge and it was amazing what most of them were able to accomplish.  If you are into Dave Navarro or tattoos (and let’s face it, who isn’t?) you have to check this show out.  It really makes me want to get another tattoo…where would I put it though???

-I didn’t get to see PARENTHOOD last night, because I was given the pilot episode of the new NBC show SMASH…I have to tell you…I LOVED IT!  It is GLEE for adults.  The basic premise is that Debra Messing and her creative partner write Broadway musicals and they have an idea for one about Marilyn Monroe.  The rest is really pretty interesting stuff as I didn’t really know much about the process and what goes on behind the scenes of a Broadway musical.  Katherine McPhee from AMERICAN IDOL is one of the girls auditioning for Marilyn.  The final audition scene at the end of the pilot gave me chills…The show isn’t for everyone, but seriously…it was really good and if you didn’t know from all of the promotional spots during football…the show will premiere the Monday after the SUPERBOWL…I definitely think it’s worth checking out.

-Lots to watch tonight…especially with this controversy about the cursing toddler episode of MODERN FAMILY…who knew there was a “No Cussing Club”  and that they would get so much press…don’t you think that by them raising a huge fuss it’s going to make more people tune in tonight?  Anyway, in addition to MODERN FAMILY tonight is the premiere of AMERICAN IDOL and honestly…I just don’t know what to do.  I had never really watched IDOL, and I do intend on watching THE VOICE…it’s a lot of hours to commit…not sure what will happen…so much TV stress.

I knew there was another reason to be happy that WORK IT was cancelled on ABC…now COUGAR TOWN can come back on the air and it will…on Valentine’s Day…2/14. Yeah!  I love that show…

-I am actually surprised that THE GLEE PROJECT is coming back to Oxygen this Summer.  I didn’t love it, it didn’t do the best numbers in the world, and I didn’t think the talent they hired for the show was that great…

·         -182 million U.S. internet users watched online video content in December 2011, averaging 23.2 hours per viewer. The total U.S. internet audience watched 43.5 billion videos.
·         Thanks to YouTube, Google was once again the top online video property with 157.2 million unique viewers
·         VEVO at a distant second with 53.7 million unique viewers.
·         Yahoo! sites came in third with 53.3 million viewers
·         Viacom Digital (45.8 million)
·         Facebook (42 million)
·         85.3% of the U.S. internet audience watched online video.
·         The duration of the average online video was 5.8 minutes (the average online video ad was 0.4 minutes).
·         Video ads accounted for 14.1% of all videos viewed and 1.2% of all minutes spent watching video online.

-Wednesday’s Trivia Question: Becky on GLEE stole the show this week, but there was another show that featured an actor with Down’s Syndrome that aired in the early 90’s called LIFE GOES ON…can you name the character?  Is this one too hard too?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment