Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 1/24/12


Sorry for the delay I was waiting for the Oscar Nominees to be announced…see below

Eli Manning was the Superbowl MVP in SUPERBOWL XLII
FIRST FIVES: Sean Peters, Bobby Aguilera, Mike Pierro, Sean Reardon, & Brett Blattman

Friday’s Cable Top 5
GOLD RUSH-Discovery 1.9/4.8
NBA-ESPN 1.1/2.2
WWE-Syfy 1.0/3.3
HOUSE OF PAYNE-TBS .8/2.2
NBA-ESPN .8/1.9

Sunday’s Broadcast Top 5
NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (CFF)-20/52
ONCE UPON A TIME (CFF)-ABC 3.2/9.3
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES-ABC 2.6/7.4
UNDERCOVER BOSS-CBS 2.2/9.1
60 MINUTES-CBS 1.5/7.9

Sunday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5 (NO SPORTS INFORMATION)
AMERICAN IDOL (CFF)-FOX 240,456
CSI MIAMI-CBS 44,738
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES-ABC 29,663
ONCE UPON A TIME (CFF)-ABC 15,866
MEET THE PRESS-NBC 5,942

Sunday’s Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
MOB WIVES-VH1 75,694
THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA-Bravo 68,061
KOURTNEY & KIM TAKE NEW YORK-E! 46,261
DOUG-Teen Nick 13,093
KENAN & KEL-Teen Nick 13,015

-I did give in to my Kardashian free dictate and checked out Kim Kardashian on LIVE WITH KELLY yesterday.  Kelly and Kim walked out holding hands in a weird way and they both wore skin tight dresses.  While both women are beautiful, they couldn’t be more different looks wise.  Kim seemed a bit nervous, and Kelly did ask her about the “fake” wedding, but honestly I just didn’t care…Kim is beautiful, but to me…that’s all she is.  I don’t get it…I really don’t.  The best part of the entire show was the animal segment.  Kelly was fine with all of the animals, but Kim was scared of a few of the reptiles that licked her with their super long tongues (I could totally take this to a place I just don’t want to go…so I won’t…it’s a family blog!).  For me and my 12 year old sense of humor…I liked that they had this very cute but enormous beaver on the show…every time they said something about the beaver etc.  I went right to BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD mode thinking…hee hee hee, they keep saying beaver…that’s just me…I could have taken it to this place up above for the reptiles, but I really wanted to save it for the beaver part…hope you appreciated it as much as I did.

-On Sunday, there were a bunch of other shows I blew off for football…one of which was ONCE UPON A TIME.  Really good episode where we finally get to see how Snow White met the 8 Dwarfs…that’s right…apparently there was another dwarf named Stealthy (you can see why he didn’t make the cut) who was killed trying to help Grumpy escape prison.  The dwarfs didn’t seem so dwarfy…they seemed to be of average height…and…they didn’t sing Hi Ho, Hi Ho when they were marching back to the woods.  I am guessing that the mysterious motorcycle man with the typewriter is Grimm???  Not sure…or he could be the writer of Henry’s book…I guess we will have to wait and see.  I love this show…the writing is truly brilliant.

-Speaking of dwarfs…there was another “very special episode” of LITTLE PEOPLE BIG WORLD on Sunday night were we got to see how Zach, the only one of Matt and Amy’s kids that was born a dwarf, was doing.  In my opinion, he needs to get his act together.  He is 21, lives at home in the messiest room I have ever seen, goes to community college and works at a Soccer place.  Matt and Amy both in the nicest way possible try to give him some advice, but he looks like we all did when our parents tried to give us that same advice…”whatever”.  He does have an average sized girlfriend named Tori which shocks me.  Not because he is a dwarf, but because the kid barely has anything interesting to say, his room is disgusting, and all he really ever does is play soccer.  They have been together 7 months…has she seen his room?  I would be outta there so fast.  I do wish him luck…I am pulling for him and the entire Roloff family…

-Okay…best part of the night by far…REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS finale…and if that wasn’t enough…a wedding…a Lisa Vanderpump, over the top, pink, sparkly, insane wedding for Pandora and Jason.  It had to be a million dollar affair…no doubt about it…they had a huge tent that was transformed into the most “blingy” pink space I have ever seen.  The flowers alone had to be a ton of dough.  We know that Pandora’s dress was $6000 and the cake was $9500, but that’s all they told us.  They didn’t explain why Taylor and Kim were not at the wedding and Latoya Jackson was.  (Did they think I didn’t notice her dancing with Camille?) Jiggy the dog had two tuxedo’s to choose from but Mauricio, Kyle’s gorgeous husband didn’t even have one??? Could that be?  How could he not own a tux with all of the parties they get invited to?  Both Ken and Lisa made speeches at the wedding and we get it…they love, love, love Pandora, but they barely mentioned Jason at all in either of their speeches…sorta awkward.  But what was even more awkward was that the producers thought the perfect alternative storyline to pair with this gorgeous pink wedding was Paul’s colonoscopy???  How do those two go together at all???  But since we are talking about it…At first I was happy and relieved that Adrienne was there for her husband…then he asks her to help her with his enema and of course…NO FREAKING WAY…she walks out of the room…okay…I can see that…but what I had a problem with was that as soon as he was done with the procedure, passed a lot of gas, (back to my 12 year old sense of humor…I did laugh at that part) and was given the thumbs up from the doctors…Adrienne leaves him??? How did he get home?  I don’t know…she has a very strange way of showing how much she loves her husband.  All in all…a great season and of course…can’t wait for the reunion special!

-Only George Lucas could get my husband and my 10 year old son to watch OPRAH with me.  Oprah interviewed him for her NEXT CHAPTER show which also aired on Sunday during the game.  We learned that George does not live at the Skywalker Ranch, but he wouldn’t say where he lives. The Skywalker Ranch is 2680 Acres and looks like heaven on earth to me.  George wanted to be a race car driver not a filmmaker but was in a near fatal car accident and decided to change careers.  His Dad wanted him to take over the family stationary business but obviously George didn’t go into that…thank goodness.  We met George’s girlfriend of 5 years, Melody Hobson who I have always admired for her financial advice, but the biggest revelation was how R2D2 got his name.  I think this one is too hard for trivia so I will just share…When George was editing AMERICAN GRAFFITI, he asked his partner to go get Reel 2 Dialogue 2 and the partner said “R2D2, got it”.  Pretty good bit of trivia right?

-Pretty compelling chart that we should all take a look at this AM…Look at the difference from 2010 to 2011 especially for the “Happy with video content on the internet”.  Now that people know who to find what they want online…they seem to be doing it…granted this chart incorporates worldwide information, but compelling nonetheless.

-Jumping off of that chart, it doesn’t surprise me to read that 4 billion online videos are being viewed on YouTube EVERYDAY.  This is a 25% increase in the past 8 months.  60 hours of video is being uploaded to YouTube every minute, up from 48 hours over the past few months. Out of the 4 billion per day, only 3 billion per week (only?) are able to be monetized.  Poor YouTube…NOT

-An average of 48.7 million people watched the Ravens lose to the Patriots on Sunday which was the highest viewer average to watch the AFC Championship in 30 years in the earlier times slot.  The game was the second highest AFC Championship ever as last year’s Jets/Patriots game saw average viewership at 54.9 million.   

-An average audience of 57.6 million people watched the Giants beat the 49ers which was the 3rd most watched Conference Championship game ever.  In NY, the game did a 72 share!  I will try to get some ratings info as soon as possible for all of you as I am sure they are pretty huge.

The 2011 Oscar Nominations about to come out…

Here they are:
Best Picture: Warhorse, The Artist, Moneyball, The Descendents, The Tree of Life, Midnight in Paris, The Help, Hugo, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Best Actor: Demian Bichir (A Better Life), George Clooney (The Descendents), Jene Dujardin, (The Artist) Gary Oldman (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy) & Brad Pitt (Moneyball)
Best Actress: Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs), Viola Davis (The Help), Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady), Michelle Williams (My Week with Marilyn)
Best Supporting Actor: Kenneth Brannah (My Week with Marilyn) Jonah Hill (Moneyball) Nick Nolte (Warrior) Christopher Plummer (Beginners) Max Von Sidow (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)
Best Supporting Actress: Berenice Bejo (The Artist), Jessica Chastain (The Help) Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) Janet McTeer (Albert Nobbs)  Octavia Spencer (The Help)
Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist)  Alexander Payne (The Descendents) Martin Scorsese (Hugo), Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris & Terrence Mali (Tree of Life)

Tuesday’s Trivia Question: George Lucas’s girlfriend Melody Hobson is a financial reporter for what network morning show?

No comments:

Post a Comment