Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I know most of you watched the Rangers, but I watched Orphan Black, Deadliest Catch and True Tori




THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Wow! Only 5 people got yesterday's trivia question right. Michael Strahan is the current talk show host that starred in the show Brothers.  I've promised that June will be SUPER EASY MONTH. So just a few more days of tough ones. 
FIRST FIVES: Karen Feldman, Priscilla Paez, Jim Carter, Monica Caraffa & James Gabriele

HONORABLE MENTION:None! 

THE NUMBERS 

Friday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.9
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy .7/2.5
Modern Family-USA .6/1.5
FX Movie-FX .6/1.3
Law & Order SVU-USA .6/1.6

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Still delayed

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
24-FOX 1.5/5.7
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 1.5/4.6
The Bachelorette-ABC 1.4/5.7
Friends with Better Lives-CBS 1.4/5.2
MasterChef-FOX 1.4/4.1

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Still delayed 

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 599,000 Tweets
Hit the Floor-VH1 182,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night RAW-163,000 Tweets
The Bachelorette-ABC 72,000 Tweets
The Boondocks-Adult Swim 15,000 Tweets

Top 5 DVR'ed Shows for the week of 5/5/14-5/11/14
Big Bang Theory-CBS From a 3.8 to a 6.4 (+68%)
Modern Family-ABC From a 2.9 to a 4.9 (+69%)
Blackllist-NBC From a 2.7 to a 4.4 (+63%)
Grey's Anatomy-ABC From a 2.5 to a 4.0 (+60%)
Marvel Agents S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC From a 1.9 to a 3.2 (+68%)

-HBO's The Normal Heart was seen by 1.4 million viewers the night it aired. This is almost half of what Behind the Candelabra delivered last Memorial Day but it still ranked 5th out of the 17 original movies HBO has premiered in the last 4 years. I'm betting that The Normal Heart will do well in Live+7 or longer. It's the kind of movie you NEED to be ready and in the mood for. It's heavy, so people may have taken that into consideration knowing the subject matter.

-The midseason finale of Mad Men delivered 1.9 million viewers on Sunday night which was down a LOT vs. the season 6 finale. 2.7 million people watched that one! Maybe everyone is as sick of Don Draper as I am.

THE SHOWS

In one room of my house the Ranger game was on. I LOVE sports…LOVE, but I will type it right here…I hate hockey. I've tried to watch it, I've tried to like it. I even went to the Hockey Hall of Fame this past weekend, but I just can't get into it. My guys love hockey and this Ranger insanity is out of hand at the moment. I lasted 10 minutes and then hit my DVR. 

Orphan Black
Orphan Black is still SO good but gotta admit, it's getting a bit confusing with all of the cast of characters and I'm not even talking about the girls! Dr. Leeky, Duncan/Peckham, Mrs. S. Art, his partner, Vic, Maggie, and the this list goes on and on. They're sort of straying from the characters I love the most like Allison, Cosima, Felix and Liam from Nashville. Of course the best character is Helena. She is one tough motherf-er. I don't like to find fault, but what was Sarah thinking leaving Helena alone in a car for who knows how long? Of course she'd get into trouble. I don't know how long Sarah was in the basement looking at files for, but it was long enough for Helena to drink 50 drinks, brake one guys finger, come on to and make out with another guy, rip the eyes out of the first guy and get arrested. The other thing I have an issue with is how EVERYONE seems to be able to find each other. They all think they aren't being followed and yet they all turn up at the same spot. A tad too convenient. Other that that…the show rules.   

Deadliest Catch
Catching crab was the least of it last night on Deadliest Catch. The Northwestern had engine trouble, Jonathan and Scotty Hilstrand changed jobs for 4 pots, Scott Cambell's in really bad shape with his back issues and may never fish again, Kelly Collins the greenhorn has a warrant out for his arrest, Elliot was still fighting with Val, went off the wagon and left the boat to go to rehab. Seems many of these guys struggle with addiction. As much as I love so many of the Deadliest Catch guys, I think their lives are probably pretty nutty. It probably takes a special kind of woman to stay with one of these guys and deal with all the crap that IS their normal. I know I couldn't do it. Plus I have a crazy sense of smell,  I'm sure I couldn't deal with the stench of Zig and Edgar when they come home after the season ends. 

True Tori Finale-sort of
The final episode of this stress filled, anxiety hour was basically this: Should Dean stay in L.A. with the family or go to Toronto to film Chopped Canada. Okay so I've  really simplified it for you. The truth is that it's all about trust. Dean would have had a major lawsuit on his hands if he walked away from his obligation and by the looks of things, money IS an issue. No help with the kids, no cleaning lady that I've seen. No car service to the airport, nada. Not sure where Candy Spelling has been in all of this, but Tori needs help, why isn't she there? Dean ended up going to Canada. He'll have to earn Tori's trust in order for them to make it and since it's all happening in nearly real time, we're not sure where things are right now. The good news…a special one night only show next week. Not sure if that still means that last nights episode was really the finale or if next weeks episode should be considered the finale. Regardless, I'll be watching. The scenes lead us to believe that there might have been other women prior to the one incident we know about. Hope not or Dean better get the tattoo we found out about last night removed. You know, the one above his privates that says "Tori's."  Tori is so obsessed with this idea of "Happily Ever After"  and the perfect fairytale marriage that I doubt she'll ever feel satisfied. 

THE OTHER STUFF


-A bit of a shakeup over at NBC with some restructuring. I don't know what the structure was before, but the network is doing away with separate development heads and grouping them in to one role. The woman who was the head of drama series development, Pearlena Igbokwe will now be EVP of drama programming and handle development. Vernon Sanders the former head of current programming will be EVP of comedy programming and head development as well. Tai Rabinowitz who was the head of comedy development is gone. These guys will all report o Jennifer Salke, NBC Entertainment President.

-The Television Critics Association released their nominations yesterday. Check out Best Drama nominees, their brutal: The Americans, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, House of Cards & The Good Wife.
Best Comedy: Big Bang Theory, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Louis, TheMindy Projuect and Veep
Individual Achievement in Drama: Bryan Cranston, Julianna Marguilies, Tatiana Maslana, Matthew McConaughey and Matthew Rhys
Individual Achievement in Comedy-Louis C.K. Mindy Kaling, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Jim Parsons and Amy Poehler
Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming-Amazing Race, RuPaul's Drag Race, Shark Tank, Survivor and The Voice
Program of the Year-Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, Orange is the New Black and True Detective
The awards are given out on 7/19


-Game of Thrones fans...I'm warning you, this is really funny, but it's also got spoilers and some pretty major cursing in it. Seth Rogan and Snoop Dog (or Lion or whatever) smoking dope and talking Game of Thrones...check it out. Apologies if anyone's offended.
http://mashable.com/2014/05/26/game-of-thrones-seth-rogen-snoop-dogg/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

-To celebrate Gay Pride Month, Showtime is re-airing full seasons of The "L" Word and Queer as Folk in June.  I've never seen The "L" Word, but I LOVED Queer as Folk. Gale Harold played Brian Kinney, one of the hottest, coolest guys ever. I'd definitely check it out if you've never seen it. I hope they run the first season, it had a great cliffhanger ending. Warning you in advance, it's pretty graphic.

-ABC Family's new show Chasing LIfe is available to check out right now on the ABC Watch App for anyone who wants to get a jump on it before the premiere on 6/3. I'm loving this strategy. Gives me a chance to decide early whether to get on the bandwagon or not.

-I know how much Les Moonves loves touting his #1 status, I wonder if having the 2nd highest salary of all CEO's will generate a call to the research department to start spinning numbers and turn this negative into a positive. . Sure he could say that out of all the MEDIA CEO's he's #1. Or he could tell Julie that he made nearly double what Bob Iger made and 109% more than Brian Roberts.  I can hear Julie now "but Les, you made SO much more than all those other guys…come on babe, how about some sushi and a little Good Wife…that'll cheer you up."

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Who played Guinan on Star Trek the Next Generation? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment