Friday, May 23, 2014

Media Blackout OVER- All is Right With the World




THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Sandy and Kirsten COHEN (not Cooper) took in Ryan Atwood
FIRST FIVES:  Karen Feldman, Vincent Mondano, Leslie Keidan, Crystal Kyler & Priscilla Paez
HONORABLE MENTION: Dani Jackel

THE NUMBERS 

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
Modern Family-ABC 3.7/10.4
American Idol-FOX 2.6/10.5
Survivor-CBS 2.6/9.5
The Middle-ABC 2.1/7.8
Survivor Reunion-CBS 1.9/7.1

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 2.2/5.7
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.2/2.7
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/2.1
Catfish-MTV 1.0/1.7
American Pickers-History .6/2.9

Wednesday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
American Idol-FOX 212,000 Tweets
Catfish-MTV 127,000 Tweets
Survivor-CBS 91,000 Tweets
Law & Order SVU-NBC 45,000 Tweets
Modern Family-ABC 16,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the week of5/12/14-5/16/14
Fallon 1.1/3.6
Kimmel .5/2.4
Letterman .5/2.7
Meyers .5/1.6
Nightline .3/1.5
The Daily Show .5/1.4
Colbert .4/1.1
Ferguson .3/1.4
Carson .3/.9
Conan  .3/.7

Early Morning Ratings for the week of 5/12/14-5/16/14
GMA 1.8/2.1
Today Show 1.7/2.0
CBS This AM .8/.9

THE SHOWS
Survivor
Thanks to all of you guys, my Survivor Media Blackout was a complete success. After a long day with no Facebook, no Twitter, and none of my fave other TV sites, I came home, put on my comfy clothes, got my Half Naked Popcorn and settled in for the Survivor Finale & Reunion. There are 2 reasons that we keep coming back to Survivor season after season. 1) Jeff Probst is SO good at what he does and 2) Jeff and Mark Burnett's ability to keep the show fresh. Even this years finale format evolved. I LOVED the "live" bits during the finale portion of the show. Jeff checked in on the cast in the green room, family members, and audience members. We got to see what goes on when someone gets voted out. Where do they go? How much do they weigh? Great addition. The finale episode was one of the best ever. Kass's comeback, Woo's big win and the decision that cost him 1 milllllllion dollars and of course Tony's fake special idol. The best player did win. You may not like Tony, I didn't, but he played a GREAT game. He really did. So…I congratulate him on Outplaying, Outwitting and Outlasting. During the reunion we saw a very bald Tony and Jeff's apology to Spencer for thinking he'd be a poor player. We learned that not only is Tyler Perry a huge Survivor fan but it was his idea for the special power idol. Like most of us, he was bummed that Tony found that one too. Next season…Blood vs. Water 2. Can't wait. 

Modern Family Finale 
The finale of Modern Family was pretty ridiculous. The entire premise that the wedding had to move to 2 more locations, that Sal went into labor and couldn't perform the ceremony and Phil JUST so happened to have gotten ordained, the Luke and Manny thing, Claire's dress, Cam's parents, Jay's stupidity, the moving of the gazebo, the entire thing was so stupid. If it wasn't for the few poignant moments it would have been a total loss for me. I think I said this before: Modern Family writers…go relax, chill, lay on the beach. Refresh, renew, regenerate and come back with some great new ideas.

THE OTHER STUFF
-One of my FAVORITE Jimmy Kimmel bits is when celebrities read mean Tweets about themselves. Here's the newest installment. Personally I think the mean Tweeter got the one about David Blaine right. SPOT ON! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imW392e6XR0

-I haven't been loving much my FBFF has been doing lately. They may think it's good enough to go viral, but I have very high standards. This live commercial is the first thing in a while I wanted you guys to see, but it could be that I'm just obsessed with dogs.
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/6376

-Chasing Maria Menounos may be over, but my girl crush is doing just fine. She just signed a pretty cool multi-year deal with E! She'll get her own 1 hour news show, be on Live From E! and produce programs as well. Not sure what's going on with her Access Hollywood gig, but I'm sure Maria can do it all and position herself to be the female Ryan Seacrest.

Friday's Trivia Question: What was this weeks theme?

Have a great long weekend! See ya on Tuesday! 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment