Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Below Deck, Finding Carter, Little People Big World & Lots of Numbers

Congratulations to Monica Caraffa for taking back her trivia title for the month of August. September starts a new month. Slates wiped clean! Get all those answers in! Make sure you read carefully, I throw trivia questions in anywhere not just at the bottom. Good Luck guys! 

THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Most of you got the WELCOME BACK reference...Mr. Kotter taught the Sweathogs on Welcome Back Kotter
FIRST FIVES: Ed Ziskind, Mike O'Dea, Crystal Kyler, Karen Heniger & Andrew Kandel

HONORABLE MENTION: Nancy Oboyski


THE NUMBERS 

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Monday's Broadcast Top 
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 1.9/5.7
MasterChef-FOX 1.9/5.4
Hotel Hell-FOX 1.3/3.8
Under the Dome-CBS 1.2/6.2
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 1.2/4.6

Monday's Cable Top 5
NA 

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta-VH1 999,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 167,000 Tweets
Teen Wolf-MTV 149,000 Tweets
The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story-Lifetime 81,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 44,000 Tweets

-I wonder what the AUTHORIZED Saved by the Bell Story would have delivered since the UNauthorized story delivered 1.6 million viewers. 1.1 million of um were A18-49, my demo. Makes sense. I DVR'ed this one but still haven't watched it yet. The whole UNauthorized thing pisses me off. Does that mean that it's all full of lies? 

-Houdini did much better than Saved by the Bell, it delivered 3.7 million viewers and 1.2 million of them were A18-49. I gotta admit, I love Houdini, but I'm really not a fan at all of Adrien Brody. I don't know what it is about him that bugs the sh*t out of me but it overrides my  Houdini enjoyment so I didn't even DVR the show. Anyone watch either one of these?

-Speaking of numbers, people who aren't in "the business" always ask me about ratings and what they actually mean. Nielsen posted the universe estimates for the 14/15 TV season and I thought I'd share. First of all, a rating is a PERCENT. When I write that a program delivered a 2.2 RA18-49 that doesn't mean that 2.2 million adults 18-49 were watching, it means that 2.2 percent of the 126.9 million adults who are 18-49 years old were watching. SO 1 adult 18-49 rating point equals 1.26 million people. Make sense?

Even More Number Info:
  • According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there were 116.4 million TV homes in the U.S. prior to the start of the 2014-15 TV season. 
  • The number of homes represents a 0.5% increase from Nielsen’s 2013-14 TV Household Universe Estimate. 
  • The number of persons 2+ U.S. TV Household is estimated to be 296 million—also an increase of 0.5% percent from last year.
  • Over the past several months, the percentage of total U.S. homes with televisions receiving traditional TV signals via broadcast, cable, DBS or Telco, or having a broadband Internet connection has been stable, hovering between 96% and 96.1%. So much for all those cord-cutting rumors.
THE SHOWS
Below Deck
Not a good charter at all for the gang this week. First Captain Lee fired Andrew which honestly was the right move, but left the team a man down.  Andrew lied about his experience, had anxiety issues, and was an all around tool if you ask me. Things went from bad to worse when the new guests arrived. The main guest, Dean was a mega control freak, but his requests weren't unreasonable. He wanted to eat at 8:30, he wanted Kate to smile, and he wanted to use the water slide. Ben was 2 hours late with dinner. The water slide took forever to set up and Kate NEVER smiles. Dean called Kate out about turning that frown upside down right in front of everyone. Little did he know that she had been so into him that she was planning a pirate scavenger hunt as a surprise. Once Dean pissed her off though, scavenger hunt O…V…E…R! No fun for you Dean! The tip's going to suck this time. I just know it will. No way Dean's giving them much at all for this disastrous trip.  Jennice and Kelley are the only ones having a good time but that's because they both are into each other and flirting and dying to just DO IT. Not a good idea to sh*t where you eat. Especially when your toilet is in the middle of the ocean!  

Finding Carter
I hope you guys are watching Finding Carter. I really wasn't sure what direction they were going to go with this show. Would it be all about Carter trying to find the Mom who kidnapped her? Would it be all about Carter trying to find herself in her new family? Would it be all about how Carter's real family change now that they've found her? Well...it's really about all of those things but it's complicated. Last night there was a crazy, crazy shocker. I didn't see it coming at all when SPOILER ALERT Carter's damaged, bad news, boyfriend, Crash, accidently shot every one's favorite, Max. I really hope Max doesn't die. The actor who plays Max, Alex Saxon, is also on The Fosters and is probably the only person I can remember in recent years, to pull off a Bee Gee's hairdo, and a blond one no less! I love him on The Fosters and I love him on Finding Carter and I really hope he doesn't die. 

Little People, Big World
I can't believe that Matt Roloff is the one who moved out of the house on LPBW. Nobody is happier than I am that he and Amy are separated, but with 3 of the 4 kids out of the house, why was it Matt who had to leave? That house is so big and they're so little, I bet they could have both stayed and never run in to each other. He did all the hard work building it and he had to move out? Amy's still trying to figure stuff out for herself. She tried a pop-up restaurant thing which was tough since most restaurants aren't built for a little person. She had some issues but it seemed to go well. When we first met Jeremy, he was a young, mumbling teenage boy. To be honest, I didn't have high hopes for him, but to his credit, he got his act together, found his passion and the girl of his dreams and last night he not only graduated from college, he proposed to Audrey with a ring he designed and paid for himself. He's a pretty cool guy and a very talented photographer. I can't believe I got all misty when I watched him propose, but I did. Congrats Jer.  True circle of life though, he's in love and getting married to the girl of his dreams on the family farm while his parents marriage is deteriorating and probably ending in divorce. I don't get that Amy doesn't see how awesome my little Matt Roloff is. Whatever, I'm sure he'll get snapped up right away at the next LP Convention. 

THE OTHER STUFF


-Now that Summer's sort of over (you'd never know it by the temperature) and Football season starts tomorrow and the new Fall season is upon us, all of the talk shows are back with new shows. Last night, my FBFF, Jimmy, had Adam Levine and Maroon 5 on his show. The band has a new album out, The Voice is kicking off soon so Adam's on the talk show circuit. I knew he was pretty good at impressions, but nobody beats my boy. Check this out from last nights show: http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/11056

-Seth Meyers got a new set over the holidays. I like this one better, I do admit that but it's not THAT different from most other sets. There's still a window with a fake lit up city behind him when he sits at his desk. The good news is that there seems to be a lot less blue than there was before. I guess that's SOMETHING. 

-Gang Related on FOX was cancelled after just one season. 
-Netflix renewed Hemlock Grove for it's third and final season. 
-After CeeLo Green's RIDICULOUS Tweets, and pathetic ratings for his reality show, TBS sent the cancellation news as quickly as possible. Pretty much guessing CeeLo's career is also O…V…E…R. What a jerk. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Who taught Puck, Kurt, Rachel, Quinn and Finn to sing?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment