Monday, November 10, 2014

A White Collar binge, Madam Secretary & The Good Wife. So behind already and it's only Monday!




THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Joe Morton played Mike James on Equal Justice

FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Neil Moffatt, Karen Feldman, Monica Caraffa & Dani Jackel 
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter
Bonus Scandal Question: Song was "I'm Every Woman"
Bonus Non-Scandal Question: 2 out of 3 Aint Bad is a Meatloaf song



THE NUMBERS 


Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 4.3/16.5
Scandal-ABC 2.9/9.8
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 2.8/9.1
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.4/8.0
Mom-CBS 2.3/10.8

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Thursday Night Football-NFL Network 2.9/8.3
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.2
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.4
NBA Basketball-TNT .7/1.3
Pawn Stars-History .6/2.3

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 312,000 Tweets
How to Get Away with Murder-ABC 100,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 79,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 44,000 Tweets
Jimmy Kimmel-ABC 2,000 Tweets 

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.9/7.7
20/20-ABC 1.7/6.9
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.4/11.4
Dateline-NBC 1.4/7.8
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.3/6.6

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy 27,000 Tweets
Constantine-NBC 11,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 8,000 Tweets
20/20-ABC 2,000 Tweets
A Football Life-NFL Network 1,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS 
White Collar
My son played in a baseball tournament way out on Long Island this weekend. 5 games in 2 days. We won which was amazing, but by making it to the championship last night, my Sunday night viewing was limited to Madam Secretary and The Good Wife.  I had my Ipad during the tournament and I'm not sure if I told you all this, but as a family we got hooked on USA's White Collar which is currently in its last season. So at this point, we're bingeing but we are only on Season 2 Episode 7. We are all of course in love with Neil Caffery and have pretty much decided that our next dog will be named Mozzy. For those of you that watch White Collar, DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ME. I'm sure there are all sorts of secrets I don't know yet, like what's so special about the music box, who killed Kate, what's up with Alex and Neil and will Sarah and Neil end up together or is Kate not even dead? I'm sure there's so much to come. I was psyched to see Peyton Sawyer from One Tree Hill show up in Season 2.  I hope there are way more shirtless Neil scenes, so far he's only averaging 1 per season, but Matt Bomer looks good in a suit so it's not the end of the world, just an added bonus. I do believe he has THE best hair in the history of Primetime television. If I'm wrong, give me another candidate. 

Madam Secretary
Glad it was a one-and-done NSA job for Henry. Although I sort of doubt it really is. In fact, I'm betting it actually isn't. Problem is that if it isn't, then it'll get harder for Elizabeth and Henry to stay as close and perfect as they seem to be. Interesting fashion change this episode. 2 piece gray dress, the black shirt with the super odd sleeves. I am obsessed with this sleeve thing aren't I? Also, what's up with Bebe Neuworth's camel toe. Was this the second time it's happened? I think I need to check my notes and then send one to the director. FIX THAT! In case you're wondering, Moldova is a real place in the Middle East. I had to Google that one. How hilarious was that Kolba guy? Guess there's not much you can do about some of these freaks but Elizabeth handles pretty much everything with an amazing calm and grace under pressure. This includes missing planes, her predecessor's murder and her husband not having an affair but taking a quick NSA gig. Is the White House really still using Blackberry's? They are all over this show. Note to the director again...swap out the Blackberry for the new Droid Turbo. (Hey when I can...I have to!) Hard to believe any scenes of Elizabeth making dinner. Maybe it's time they got a Nanny or a housekeeper or someone to do the cooking. The kids try, but let's face it, they're all probably going out to Chipotle or something.  Oh...one last thing. When that dude came home from being tortured I would have thought it would be super painful to hug his wife. He was all beaten and bruised and she was grabbing on for dear life. Totally get it, but ya might wanna have the guy wince a little bit. Just sayin.

The Good Wife
Kalinda looks SO much prettier without that ponytail doesn't she? Maybe that's what has Cary obsessed with her so much that even while faced with going to prison, he's stalking her all over the place. I'm totally confused by Kalinda at this point. I don't know who she's working for, who she's loyal to or who she cares about. Do you? If running for office is really as messed up as it seems on The Good Wife, I don't know why ANYONE would do it. The soup kitchen thing was crazy wasn't it? I was sort of looking forward to Castro and Alicia, now we have Niles Crane. Could be interesting, I guess. Finn looked super cute in his soup kitchen outfit didn't he? Is it inevitable for Alicia and Finn to get together? I guess with her busy schedule she may just not have the time now, but I hope they do.  Could have lived without the rape storyline, and no offense to Michael J. Fox, but could have lived without him acting even worse than he might actually be. Now there's just too much shoved in to each episode, but still sooooo good. 

THE OTHER STUFF 

-ABC gave Forever a full season order but cancelled Selfie and Hell on Wheels was renewed for a 5th and final season by AMC.

-Did you guys happen to watch Jay Leno on The Tonight Show Friday night? The ratings spiked a bit, but it was a night filled with doosh chills. Jay did an extra long stand-up set,  sort of made fun of Jimmy and yet Jimmy still kissed Jay's butt way too much. Ugh.

Monday's Trivia Question: Mozzy from White Collar is played by Willie Garson who used to be on Sex in the City. What was his characters name on that show?


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment