Tuesday, November 11, 2014

HOMELAND WAS OUT OF CONTROL…No Wonder Why It Got Renewed!



THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Willie Garson played Stanford Blatch on Sex and the City
FIRST FIVE: Megan Quirk, Leslie Keidan, Andrea Walters, Kathy Connelly & Mike O'Dea
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Feldman
Best Hair Nominees: In addition to Matt Bomer there was Rob Lowe, Ted Danson (which was a wig), Richard Dean Anderson, and John Stamos. While I agree for the most part, Matt's beats all of them.

THE NUMBERS  
Friday's Cable Top 5
Gold Rush-Discovery 1.3/3.5
NBA-ESPN 1.1/2.3
Despicable Me-Disney .9/3.4
Big Bang Theory -TBS .8/2.3
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.7

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 6.2/17.3
Football Night in America-NBC 5.0/14.4
The OT-FOX 3.1/8.1
The Simpsons-FOX 2.9/6.5
Once Upon a Time-ABC 2.5/7.4

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 311,000 Tweets
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 171,000 Tweets
Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons-E! 15,000 Tweets
The Newsroom-HBO 12,000 Tweets
The Comeback-HBO 4,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS
Homeland
All day long yesterday I was getting emails…"You didn't watch Homeland?" Now I know why you all wanted me to see it. O…M…F…G!!! Thanks to the Ambassadors traitor husband, Carrie went off the rails big time. He swapped her pills and she went crazy. I forgot that only Saul really knows about the bipolar thing. I thought that Peter did too though, no? It's bad enough (I'm guessing) to be bipolar in the USA, but bipolar in Pakistan, with the wrong meds, while you're running the FBI bureau and looking for the most important guy in your life, and the terrorist who has him, while your really unattractive kid (whose father was also a terrorist) is back in the states calling your sister Mama has gotta be wayyyyyyy worse! If all that wasn't bad enough, we all had a few WTF moments where we thought Brody was alive and saving Carrie but it wasn't Brodyyyyyy was it? It was the cute Pakistani dude. Saul's alive, for now. He's with Hakazi protecting him while he checks in on his kids, eats a home cooked meal and gets a some good loving from his woman. Guess he needed it so bad, he didn't mind Saul watching. Once the visit was over, it was  back on the road to Afghanistan and back to hiding. Was the shoe thing a tribute to Hilary Clinton? Were the taped photos on the windows at headquarters a this-is-how-WE-do-it dis to Olivia Pope and her associates? Can Sunday night get here fast enough? DAMN THAT WAS AWESOME! 

Newsroom
Pretty sure I actually knew that the Bloomberg terminal was 24K. Now we know why the former Mayor only asked for a dollar a year salary. I'd forgotten how many words Aaron Sorkin can shove into a sentence. I wonder if he speaks to his friends and family the way he writes. If he does, they all must dread his dinner parties or require a nap in between appetizers and dinner. The Newsroom premiere took place the day of the Boston Marathon bombing. Elliot and Maggie headed to Boston to report on it but had to eat. Elliot accidentally ate a salad with walnuts in it. He's allergic, and like my husband, doesn't bring his epipen with him anywhere. So his tongue swelled up and Maggie had to go on the air and of course…she killed. When will they just say it out loud and give her an on air gig? Neil taught me about a special air computer that you'd need in order to download 27,000 classified documents. Not sure if it's as expensive as the Bloomberg terminal, but still good info if anyone ever feels the need to send me any top secret pilot ideas. Sloan figured out that the network is about to be involved in a hostile takeover. Not a good time to be in 4th place and plan a wedding, but since when is Will's life ever easy? Loved Don's diss of the Blackberry, Will's Amex Black Card and the guy in the control room who looks like Jimmy Johnson. I think that guy used to be on Sports Night too. I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to have a cellphone during jury duty, so that seemed to be the one thing that was off, but other than that, it was good to have The Newsroom back. Of course I needed to go right to bed after I watched it. It's exhausting. 

Jane the Virgin
There's still no official word on Jane the Virgin and its renewal status. I'm still enjoying the show, don't get me wrong, but if it wasn't going to be renewed, I'd probably let it go easily at this point. All I think about, other than how hot Raphael is, is that at some point, Jane will no longer be a virgin and then what will they call the show? Jane's supposed to get married this week or next and then she'll give herself permission to lose it and the title. My guess is that she doesn't get married and stays a virgin a bit longer. She seems to be lusting after Rafael, who SAYS he thinks of Jane as a sister (a sister carrying his child) which we know from his sex dream isn't the case at all. Jane finally found out that her Dad is a shallow actor who stars in Novella's and still hasn't forgiven her Mom for lying to her for all these years. The show's very, very cute. Jane is the cutest and I'm sure that Gina Rodriguez will be a big star regardless of whether or not the show is renewed or not and whether she stays a virgin or not. 
THE OTHER STUFF 

-There are 2 things to notice in this Tonight Show clip from last night. 1) Jimmy's laughter at pretty much EVERYTHING during the 100,000 pyramid game and 2) Nick Jonas's lack of mob movie knowledge. My son is 13 and I don't know if it makes me a bad parent or a good one, but I've been screening the classics lately and he would have gotten most of these right. Love the new song, but the fact that Nick Jonas has no clue about mob movies is VERY troublesome to me. http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/28551

-Of course Homeland was renewed but The Affair, too? Really? WHY? That show sucks! Didn't we discuss it? HATE IT.  Are they going to focus on another affair altogether or are they somehow sticking with Noah and Allison. God, I hope not. No chemistry, don't care about either one of them and neither one of them are good looking enough for a second season. Shallow...yes, but at least I'm honest.

-Just what we need…a new network. This one's called The Justice Network and will feature true crime stories and also aim to help make communities safer by empowering viewers to take action. Gannett's in on this one. More to come I'm sure.

Tuesday's Trivia Question: In honor of Veterans Day, let me know the 3 wars these shows took place during: 
1) Mash
2) China Beach
3) Hogans Heroes

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment