Thursday, March 12, 2015

Survivor, Empire & Hindsight Season Finale






THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: David Hasselhoff played Mitch Buchanan on Baywatch and not many of you guys knew that one either. Hmmm maybe I need to go for a super easy question today. 
FIRST FIVES: Chuck Chiocco, Mike O'Dea, Monica Caraffa, Jim Carter & Priscilla Paez
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Feldman 
THE NUMBERS 
Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 3.6/13.2
NCIS-CBS 2.1/15.7
Chicago Fire-NBC 2.1/8.5
NCIS New Orleans-CBS 1.6/12.2
Fresh off the Boat-ABC 1.5/5.0
Tuesday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.3
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.5
Haves and Have Nots-OWN .9/3.0
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo .9/1.9
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family .9/1.7

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 123,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 77,000 Tweets
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC 39,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 38,000 Tweets
Being Mary Jane-BET 37,000 Tweets
THE SHOWS 
Survivor
I don't remember a season where the players had so many bug bites. Did you see Shirin's face and stomach? It was covered in bites. How are they not scratching their skin off? The medical team has to be giving them something for the itching. The Blue Collars are really bugging the sh*t out of each other. Well, maybe Mike and Rodney are bugging the sh*t out of everyone else. Rodney seems to talk about himself in the 3rd person and he also apparently has an issue with the state of Texas. Take my advice, don't mess with Texas, bud. Not much screen time for the White Collar tribe. Not sure how White Collar Joaquin really is, his grammar doesn't seem to be at the college level. Annoyingist isn't a word. Just thought I'd let you know. During the challenge, Jeff said the word "collar" 30 times. I counted I can't take it. Can we please merge and create new names that can't use the word collar in any form? PLEASE? OF COURSE it was Nina voted out. She was ridiculous. Wahhhhh I have cochlear implants. Wahhhhhh I feel left out. Wahhhhhh Nina. Suck it up. Haven't you watched this show? It's the 30th cycle, you should know better. I bet Jeff is pissed that he wasted her spot on such a pathetic crybaby. Good riddance. 

Empire
I can't believe last nights episode WASN'T the finale. It was soooo juicy. First of all there was JHud, the music "therapist" who sang WAY too well for a music therapist, even Lucious would see that. Didn't it look like she was going to go down on Andre? Psych, she wanted to pray. Get your head outta the gutter people. Flashback to Mary J. Blige and Raven Symone with massive, massive cleavage. Sorry Raven, but the years haven't been kind. Just when you thought you couldn't hate Lucious any more than you already did, he saved Jamal from Reg the crazy gun toting lunatic by claiming he knocked up Olivia and he's Lola's Daddy. Is he though? I'm not sure and it didn't seem like Olivia was either. Lucious sent Naomi Cambell packing, but she'll be back. Loved Cookie's line though "So Yoko, you got a tambourine under that fur?" The Empire writers are awesome. As much as Lola was adorable and I loved seeing the boys being so sweet with her, I'm glad she and That's So Raven are gone. Of course we know they'll be back but they couldn't stay. Next week 2 HOURS! Can't wait! 

Hindsight Season Finale
Have I ever mentioned that I have always struggled with anything related to time travel. My husband ALWAYS has to help me out and he's not watching this one with me so now I need someone's help. If Becca knew that being with Kevin would end her relationship with Lolly, why did she still let happen when her entire goal was to stay friends with Lolly? Did I miss what the significance of the vase was? I swear I was paying attention. Sort of. I've been having mega Candy Crush connection problems and my husband (who hates Candy Crush) fixed it right in the middle of Hindsight. So my excitement could have caused me to miss something. Either way, I did see that Becca and the season ended up back in the elevator that started it all but when the door opened what did she see? Could it have been a mirror that showed her how all of her mascara was dripping down her face?
 
THE OTHER STUFF

-I read so many articles about cord-cutting and cord shaving and have wondered just how much someone would save if they actually did it. I'd have to make some assumptions. The first is that a cord cutter/shaver either hates sports or totally hangs at other peoples houses to watch all the big games on their dime. Here's the breakdown.
If you truly cut the cord here's the cost:
Showtime Streaming $14.99 (Assuming it's the same as HBO)
HBO Now $14.99
Netflix $8.99
Hulu Plus $7.99
Amazon Prime $8.25

Now...this doesn't take in to account how much your Internet bill would cost to run all of this so lets say 35 bucks a month.  That brings us to 90 bucks. Now if you are fine with waiting on all the cool shows like The Walking Dead and Orphan Black then that's where your costs end OR you could sign up for a basic cable package which is 40 bucks and brings you to 130 dollars a month. It's not something I would do, but I guess if money's tight and you aren't into sports it could work for you. Thoughts?

-CBS renewed both Mom and Mike & Molly were both yesterday. No big surprise really. 

-As you know, I work at Verizon and if you've been a long time reader, you know I don't have FiOS. My town is a Cablevision town and apparently I'll be stuck with them forever . If I had FiOS I might be excited by my companies announcement yesterday that they are adding two new channels. AwesomenessTV and DreamworksTV for a bunch of original content. Both of these are currently YouTube channel. One skews towards teens and young millenials and the other skews toward family oriented fare. 

Thursday's Trivia Question: Super easy question. What was Monica Geller's occupation on Friends? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment