Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wednesday Night. Shocker! NO CABLE, NO INTERNET...H*LL





THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Of course it was Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis who starred in That 70's Show and 2 1/2 Men
FIRST FIVES: Lillian Doremus, Mike O'Dea, Dave DeSocio, Alex Nagler & Larry Price
HONORABLE MENTION: Jessy Davis


THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 2,2.10.3
Hollywood Game Night-NBC 1.5/5.4
Zoo-CBS 1.1/7.5
NCIS-CBS .8/7.4
NCIS New Orleans-CBS .8/5.9

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Bride of Jaws-Discovery 1.4/3.0
Tiburones: Sharks of Cuba-Discovery 1.4/2.9
Return of the Great White-Discovery .9/2.0
Haves and Have Nots-OWN .8/2.7
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.8

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
America's Got Talent-NBC 27,000 Tweets
Bride of Jaws-Discovery Channel 16,000 Tweets
Tiburones: Sharks of Cuba-Discovery 12,000 Tweets
Inside Amy Schumer-Comedy Central 4,000 Tweets
Top 100 Players of 2015-NFL Network 2,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS 

So here's what happened. It's Wednesday night. Summer's best night of TV. Big Brother, Suits, Flipping Out and Comedians in Cars. It's really all I've got going at the moment. I was allllll set. Workout done, shower done, dinner done, kitchen clean, kid gone for a few weeks, husband working on something downstairs, my dog by my side, my laptop READY and then...7:55pm cable's out, Internets out! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Of course I called Cablevision aka Optimum and got a recording that there was an outage in my area and they were working on it and would restore my connection as quickly as possible. Nooooooooo. I kept checking, every few minutes and the clock was ticking and I kept calling the number and hearing about the outage. I'm twitching. Standing up, sitting down, screaming at my husband to do something. He tells me about United Airlines an the stock exchange and cyber terrorism blah blah blah, just give me my CABLE TV ALREADY!!!! My friend Terry was texting me BB updates which I loved her for, but I just wanted to SEE Julie Chen's face! Hear James's redneck voice, but NO. It was not to be. Not last night. I couldn't watch ANYTHING other than what I had in my DVR and all I had were movies. So I put on The Social Network which I've seen a million times and watched until all of a sudden TV was back! Internet was back! But it was 9:45pm and everything I had planned to watch was over or just about and NOTHING had been recorded. Luckily Suits and Flipping Out were on again in the middle of the night so I can watch later today. I'll have to find Big Brother on the CBS App and watch before tonight's episode. What a nightmare. HELL I tell you! HELL! 

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Stephen Colbert sporting a very thick gray beard was Jerry's guest this week and I will say that this episode is my favorite of the season so far. Loved that Jerry drives right around my house, that Stephen's sweater matched the car, that Jerry is thinking just as much about transgender as I am, the animated mouse in the glove compartment, the blatant nod to product placement, Stephen and Jerry's lulls, and Jerry's admission that his only talent in life is noticing things. Jerry asked Stephen if he'd rather be smart or funny. Easy for him to answer, he's both, but you should watch this episode to find out their answers. it's a fun one. I personally would rather be funny...what about you? 
THE OTHER STUFF

-Nobody is more shocked than I am that Sundance already renewed Rectify for a 3rd season. To be honest, I was shocked that it was renewed for a 2nd season. It was perhaps the slowwwwwwwest show I've ever watched. The premise was good, the acting was good but it was sooooo boring that I gave it up after Season 1. I never thought it would be renewed for one season let alone 2. The Rectify cast and crew stepped in sh*t. Seriously. 3 Seasons? I'm betting some of them can buy a house now!  Did ANYONE at all stick with this show? 

-I'm not into a super heroes, never was, but my husband was a huge Heroes fan so if he's reading this he'll be happy to learn that the new Heroes:Reborn App is live…right now. Actually he won't care at all. He's anti-technology and anti-app with the exception of his Dunkin Donuts App. He loves that one, but that's really it. Let's see if he really reads my blog!

-South Park fans hit the motherlode. 5 more seasons! This will mean it will hit the 300 episode mark. I haven't watched it in a while. My son just started getting into it so I hear Cartman and Stan's voices from his bedroom every so often. Do they still ALWAYS kill Kenny?

Thursday's Trivia Question: He stars in The Following and She starred in The Closer. Name this Hollywood couple. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment