Thursday, September 17, 2015

THE DEBATE, BIG BROTHER & BASTARD EXECUTIONER

DO NOT FORGET TO GET YOUR EMMY BALLOT IN! THE EMMY'S ARE THIS SUNDAY NIGHT. PLEASE SEND IT IN BY 12N TOMORROW!


THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: 
The Show: The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
There were 3 kids in the Banks family (not counting Will).
Hilary, Carlton, and the missing kid was...ASHLEY!!! 
FIRST FIVES: Jo Engel, Mike O'Dea, Melissa Sherman, Alex Nagler & Brett Blattman
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 2.3/11.3
Best Time Ever Premiere-NBC 1.9/6.7
Big Brother-CBS 1.9/6.0
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 1.1/5.7
Zoo Finale-CBS .9/4.8

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.4
Bastard Executioner-FX .8/2.1
FX Movie-FX .8/1.8
Haves and the Have Nots-OWN .8/3.1
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.5

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 115,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 69,000 Tweets
America's Got Talent-NBC 47,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 38,000 Tweets
Best Time Ever-NBC 14,000 Tweets 

Okay, so...Best Time Ever didn't get great reviews and we'll have to see what happens next week with the numbers. Sure it came in 2nd for the night BUT...take a look at the AGT lead in, almost half the audience didn't stick around for NPH's new show. Looks to me like a bunch of um went over to FX to check out Bastard Executioner. 

THE SHOWS 

I'm betting A LOT of people watched last nights debate. I'm not into politics at all but of course I tuned in. Interestingly enough, my son blew off the Yankee game - sort of- he did have it up on his phone, and my husband blew off his man cave and we ALL watched the debate together. Family television…who knew? It's honestly the best reality show there is right now. Can't wait to see how many people watched. I'm betting 15-20 million? More? Who knows. I'm not in any position to comment on everyone's political stances but here are some of my general observations: 
-Rubio had the best tie
-I'm thinking Atkins DIet for Huckabee 
-Rand Paul had WAY too much product in his hair
-Carly had WAY too much product in her face
-Everyone, especially Trump loves Dr. Ben
-Scott Walker looks like an SNL cast member specializing in Presidential parodies
-Need to purchase the NJ American Flag Pin Chris Christie was wearing
-After a lot of analysis, I am pretty sure Donald Trump has Rosacea
-Who knew that Reagan got to keep his plane? 
-Next time we watch the debate I am proposing a companion drinking game. Last night I could have been trashed just from the word "Reagan"


Big Brother
I woke up in the middle of the night to watch Big Brother. I had a wicked headache and couldn't turn on my laptop to take any notes, so I'm going on memory hear. Loved, loved, loved during the recap when the announcer referred to Austin as "Shoeless Judas" CLASSIC! The jury house wasn't shocked at all when Julia showed up but they were when Austin was. I'm curious. I don't recall him grabbing the Judas top hat when he was evicted and spoke with Julie so how did he have the hat when he got out of the Big Brother Uber and STILL have no shoes? Shelli seems to be appreciating Vanessa's game play but Austin obviously doesn't want her to win the game. Great to see Caleb and yes, I enjoyed his Kung Fu antics, but would have been so much better to see him with less on. The karate outfit did not showcase Beastmode Cowboy's best assets!!! Totally bummed that Johnny Mac was booted out of the house…again. So it comes down to Vanessa, Steve & Liz. 

The Bastard Executioner
It pains me to type these words, but, I'm out. I only lasted 36 minutes into the premiere episode. I knew right away the show wasn't for me. Dirty feet, gnarly teeth, accents, a freakier looking Katey Sagal, no hot guys or hot girls, a pretty complicated story, a scary dragon, and if all that wasn't bad enough...I was totallllllly bored. 14th Century Wales just isn't for me. I love Kurt Sutter, I tried, and I'll do my best to finish the 2 hour premiere episode, but I'm definitely NOT going to be able to stick with this one. No Season Pass for me. So bummed.  Did anyone else watch? Did anyone like it?

THE OTHER STUFF
I'm getting a bit torn here. I love all the Trump stuff, I do, but the late night guys need to balance it all or we are going to get sick of it FAST. They need to remember that Trump himself is doing a lot on his own. Jimmy did Trump already this week, and YES, I get it, he had Hilary Clinton on last night so it made sense, but everyone needs to remember that the election is over a year away! Pacing is essential. That being said, Jimmy's Trump impression IS getting better and better and better and this clip of Jimmy as Trump, interviewing Hilary, is hilarious. Enjoy: http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/donald-trumps-phone-call-with-hillary-clinton/2907041
  
-Party Down South-RENEWED
-Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars-RENEWED

Thursday's Trivia Question: This week I've been giving you all the kids in a TV family but one's missing. Your goal is to name the missing kid. We've done the 70's, 80's, 90's now...2000's! 
The Show: SIX FEET UNDER
There were 3 kids David, Claire and...

Name the missing kid!

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment