Monday, November 16, 2015

I Hate The Patriots





THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: The PANTHERS were the same team in both the Friday Night Lights MOVIE and TV Show. 

FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Dave DeSocio, Neil Moffatt & Candace Gorin
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman
Scandal Bonus Questions: "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" was the song and the 2 fake countries were West Angola and Caledonia.

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.7/14.9
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.2/8.0
Scandal-ABC 2.2/7.7
How to Get Away with Murder-ABC 1.9/6.7
Life in Pieces-CBS 1.8/7.9

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Thursday Night Football-NFL Network 2.6/7.5
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.3
WWE Smackdown-Syfy .6/2.2
FX Movie-FX .6/1.4
NBA-TNT .6/1.4

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 144,000 Tweets
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 103,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 69,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 36,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 35,000 Tweets 

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.6/6.1
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.3/7.4
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.2/10.3
The Amazing Race-CBS 1.2/5.8
20/20-ABC 1.2/5.1

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Reign-CW 10,000 Tweets
Anderson Cooper 360-CMM 5,000 Tweets
Real Time with Bill Maher-HBO 4,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 4,000 Tweets
Dateline-NBC 1,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 
 Pretty sure you guys know that I'm a Jets fan. I'm the only one in my house which means I do watch and root for the Giants too. Last night's game just sucked! In addition to the outcome, the timing wasn't great either. We're back to crazy amounts of Sunday night shows to choose. Staying on time is essential and that didn't happen. So...I went with Madam Secretary and The Good Wife which means I have a TON to catch up on tonight. With everything going on in the world right now, I suppose, it's really a stupid problem to stress out over. 
 
Madam Secretary
Do you think that it's really possible to make all those deals, get all those votes, organize a trip to Cuba, write the speeches and lift an embargo that's been in place for 55 years in just 48 hours? I doubt that could have all really happened, but congrats to Liz and Russell for pulling it all off. I knew that Craig Selling dude was a shady guy. Henry totally picked it up too and now that Russell's on the I-Hate-Craig-Selling bandwagon, he and Elizabeth can get busy with a plan to bring that guy and his chicklet teeth down BIG time. Did you happen to catch who played the President of Cuba? Tony from 24! Nice to see him again. I love that guy and I love how Liz proclaimed her dislike of kale. Sleeves and coffee consumption were pretty tame this week. Did you ever notice that in most White House/Washington shows, they always have a voting board with Yay/Nay/Undecided and all the Senators names on it. I wonder who makes those. Do you think there's a company that supplies those things? Do you think they really use boards like that? Doubt Staples has them, but maybe there's a secret division of Staples that supplies The White House with a whole bunch of things that only THEY use. See where my mind goes. It's a curse really.

The Good Wife
I couldn't have cared less about the actual self driving car case last night. That was the side dish. Alicia was the entree. I'm really loving this new Alicia Florick. She's confident and doesn't care about anyone elses opinion of her for the first time ever. She's doing what's best for her in every instance. When campaign called for Peter to move into her apartment for a few days, she used him to her advantage didn't she? "Sex is sexier when there's no love" Perfect line for Peter after sleeping with him. I think Eli's head exploded when he saw the two of them putting their clothes back on. I love how Peter noticed Alicia's move from red wine to tequila, too. Of course she went back to red when they all had dinner with Vanessa Williams. Hilarious that Jackie and Howard came to announce their engagement in the middle of that dinner. Then, there's this thing with Alicia and Jason. It IS going to happen and it looks like it's also going to happen for Eli and Vanessa Williams. I'm telling you, this show just keeps getting better and better. It's SO good, that I'll continue to let the fact that Grace never goes to school anymore go. I'll just accept it. I've already accepted that Zac, like President Grant's kids on Scandal, has just disappeared completely. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-ABC cancelled Wicked City after only 3 episodes. Poooor Chuck Bass!!!

-I'm a bit obsessed with Netflix. I remember when I first started this blog and I was pissed off at them for raising their prices, and not providing anything I wanted in return.  Now, there's just not enough time to keep up with all that's out there, and I happily pay my Netflix bill every month. I SO wish Reed Hastings would release some numbers for me, mainly because I live and breath this stuff and I NEED to know how many people watched Master of None, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards, and Kimmy Schmidt. I read over the weekend that Netflix is spending 5 BILLION on content in 2016. That's for licensing costs and original content, but that's still a boatload of dough. In 2013, they only spent 2 billion. Their goal...dethrone HBO. Think about it, what shows do you still watch on HBO? What shows are you looking forward to on HBO? It's been a WHILE since HBO had anything exciting, no? 

Monday's Trivia Question: So many of you guys have been begging me to watch Ray Donovan. Well, I started. I'm 5 episodes in and yes, I will keep watching. I'm going to hold my review until I'm caught up, but lets see how many of you guys are real fans of the show. Of course we know Ray, but can you tell me the character names of his Dad and brothers?


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment