Milli Vanilli is the only Grammy recipient to have been stripped of their award due to their admission to lip syncing the CLASSIC hits, “Blame it on the Rain” and “Girl You Know it’s True”
FIRST FIVES: Elana Tocci, Lance Beitler, Todd Petrich, Tara Dowling & Neil Strahl

Thursday’s Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 5.7/17.9
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 5.5/16.0
GREY’S ANATOMY-ABC 3.9/10.1
ROB-CBS 3.4/11.0
PERSON OF INTEREST-CBS 15.0

Thursday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (KF)-CW 159,581
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 92,506
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 81,942
GREY’S ANATOMY-ABC 67,665
THE SECRET CIRCLE-CW 41,154

Thursday’s Cable Top 5
JERSEY SHORE-MTV 3.0/5.4
SWAMP PEOPLE-History 1.9/4.6
THE BIG BANG THEORY-1.3/2.7
NBA BASKETBALL-TNT 1.2/3.1
MUDCATS-History 1.1/2.9

Thursday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
JERSEY SHORE-MTV 184,865
SWAMP PEOPLE-History 34,055
BRAXTON FAMILY VALUES-WE 22,651
ARCHER-FX 15,293
NY INK-TLC 10,808

Friday’s Broadcast Top 5
BLUE BLOODS-CBS 1.8/11.7
SHARK TANK-ABC 1.8/5.9
CSI NY-CBS 1.7/10.3
GRIMM-NBC 1.6/5.2
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?-ABC 1.5/4.8

Friday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUPERNATURAL-CW 51,542
FRINGE-FOX 47,557
GRIMM-NBC 26,957
NIKITA-CW 24,241
CSI NY-CBS 18,908

Friday’s Cable Top 5

Friday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE-Syfy 37,400
SPARTACUS-Starz 16,548
PORTLANDIA-IFC 11,766
GHOST ADVENTURES-Travel 10,761
HOUSE OF PAYNE-TBS 9,280

-I grew up with Whitney Houston. When I read she had died, it stopped me cold…we were watching Jeremy Lin and the NY Knicks and for the rest of the time I had the game on, I couldn’t stop playing Whitney videos and correlating each one with what was going on in my life at that time.  I remember when I worked at Z-100 I had been a phone-op (the person who sets up the calls for the DJ) and I had a huge argument with an unknown caller about how talented Whitney Houston was…I remember her on The Grammy’s and on the AMA’s and while she may not have been your “thing” you couldn’t argue with her beauty and her talent.  It was unbelievably sad to have lost such a voice so soon.  
RIP Whitney

I thought the GRAMMY’s handled Whitney’s passing pretty well…I was even okay with the prayer at the beginning of the show…and LL was a decent host…he wasn’t meant to be funny and I don’t think funny would have worked anyway for this particular night. Some other observations and thoughts:
·         Whatever Bruce Springsteen is doing to look as good as he does at his age (62)…I need me some of THAT!  Loved having THE BOSS open the show
·         Bruno Mars never disappoints…totally underrated, but I am ready for some new hair
·         I wonder if Lady Gaga felt all dressed up and nowhere to go last night…other than a few camera shots, we didn’t see her perform, present or accept any awards
·         Katy Perry’s dress  (the blue one) was really pretty, but her hair wasn’t and her angry performance with the camel toe pants didn’t do anything for me and she and Coco (Mrs. T) were WAY too tan
·         I don’t have to like Chris Brown, but I will absolutely admit that boy CAN DANCE!  The entire performance on the boxes was really amazing…his legs looked like they were actually made of rubber or something
·         I loved Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson’s performance…glad to see the red sparkly mic was back and Kelly did look good…will we be hearing that she is the new face of Jenny Craig soon?
·         Are those colored earplugs the new trend these days?  I don’t like that trend as much as I enjoy the sparkly mic trend
·         Adele’s doctor, got a story on the WCBS Local News after the Grammy’s for saving the singer’s voice…I didn’t stay up to hear about him, but I did think that Adele sounded pretty good…what doesn’t sound good is when she isn’t singing…I can barely understand what she is saying, she has a pretty heavy accent…I don’t think the doctor can help her with that issue at all though
·         Glen Campbell tribute was decent.  All things considered, Glen looks pretty good for 75…did you hear the comment when he was done, he didn’t realize his mic was still on…he said “where do you want me to go? Or do you just want me to shut up?”  Classic Glen
·         Tony Bennett is getting way more action with hot young girls these days then I bet he did when he was younger.  Tony is 86 years old and more popular than ever…
·         Jennifer Hudson did a great job and I think she actually is the current voice of Jenny Craig, but as amazing as her performance was, there is no other voice like Whitney’s. 
·         Still don’t dig Bon Iver at all
·         I checked…no, Joe Walsh wasn’t with Faye Resnick…he is married to a lookalike named Marjorie Bach
·         I am still not a big Coldplay fan, and I really don’t love Rhianna either
·         LOVED the Chipotle commercial
·         The Foofighters RULE! But not sure I get their participation in the salute to Dance Music
·         I did grow up with a dad that LOVED and worshipped The Beach Boys, so I appreciated the reunion and thought they did okay, but where was John Stamos?
·         Happy that Steve Jobs won, but bummed he wasn’t there to accept
·         What was up with that DeadMouse thing?
·         Totally didn’t understand Nicki Minaj with the pope and that whole thing, but not sure I was meant too
·         I think that Kate Beckinsale was standing that way because maybe she forgot to hit the ladies room before presenting?
·         Enough Taylor Swift for a while…
·         Didn’t mind having to sit through Sir Paul McCartney’s “standard” tune if the payoff was some Golden Slumbers to close the show with Bruce, Dave Grohl, Joe Walsh and a bunch of others who were pinching themselves
·         All in all I think the Grammy’s for this year were what they had to be under the circumstances, and when your big winner is someone like Adele, who isn’t that exciting to watch (much better to listen too at home on a Sunday AM) and can’t really speak her “Kings English” that well…you have the show, we witnessed last night. 
·         I earned 4000 points on Viggle Live last night during the Grammy’s and I am THIS close to a $25 Amazon Gift Card…such a cool app…makes watching TV way more fun! (If you can believe that) and who doesn’t love free stuff?


-Friday’s Kelly update: Jerry O’Connell was back, the necklace wasn’t, the dress again had the 80’s flap.  I really like Jerry as Kelly’s Co-host…All of this time I have had no info on ratings since Reeeeege left the show in November…but I finally have some NY numbers to share:

                                                          HH RTG       RW1849   RW2554
Avg since 11/21 (excluding December repacks)
3.0/11
1.5/12
1.9/13
Last year – same date range
3.0/10
1.4/10
1.8/11

Feb’12 Sweep (6 shows to date)
3.5/13
2.1/16
2.4/16
Feb’11 Sweep Avg
2.7/10
1.3/9
1.6/10

In RW1849:
·         the last four days have delivered the four highest numbers since the host change, higher than the early ones with Seinfeld.
·         the new version of the show has topped a 2 seven times in this demo, with 5 of them coming in the Feb book so far

In RW2554:
·         yesterday’s 2.9 tied for the highest delivery so far since the host change
·         the show has hit at least a 2.3 ten times, with five of them coming in the Feb book so far.

-Pretty cool website I read about this weekend.  You put in a show you love and it recommends other shows you would like.  These can be filtered down to shows that are currently airing, or ranked by popularity and it also provides links as to where you can either watch or purchase that show.  Pretty cool actually. 


-Top 10 US Consumer Magazines based on single copy sales for 2011
Cosmopolitan
Woman’s World
People
First for Women
In Touch
US Weekly
InStyle
Lindy’s Football Annuals (Never even heard of this one)
All You (or this one)
Family Circle

-I did get in 2 more Oscar nominated movies over the weekend…EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE and IRON LADY.  ELAIC was good, but super sad and depressing and in my opinion didn’t deserve a Best Picture nomination. Meryl Streep is just mind blowing as Margaret Thatcher in THE IRON LADY, and no matter what she should win. I still need to see WAR HORSE and HUGO before Oscar night plus a few others…the pressure, the pressure.

-I saw this great “Apples to Apple” comparison between Apple computers and the Apple Industry, here is what I learned:
·         China produces 44% of the worlds apples (the fruit)  and 100% of the worlds Apple’s (the computers)
·         In 2009 71 tons of apples(the fruit) were produced totaling $30 billion and 138,000 tons of apples (the computers) were produced totaling $32 billion
·         Russia is the world’s top apple (the fruit) buyer spending $550MM but America is the world’s top apple (the computer) buyer spending $16 billion
·         People in the Western US are the biggest apple (the fruit) eaters consuming 30% of the country’s apples, and people in the San Francisco-Bay Area are the biggest Apple (the computer) owners with 1 in 3 people owning an apple product
·         The average US apple orchard is 50 acres, the average US Apple store is 4500 square feet (.1 acre)
·         There are 7500 varieties of apples (the fruit) and there have been 400 varieties of Apple devices
·         The average apple (the fruit) weighs 5 oz. and the average iphone weighs 4.9 oz.
·         For the price of one iphone you could buy 2000 apples(the fruit)
·         Apples (the fruit) account for 17% of the total fruit eaten by Americans and Apple’s (the phone) account for 28% of the total smartphones bought by Americans


Monday’s Trivia Question:  How many Grammy’s were ACTUALLY presented on last night’s show?

WWTM-Kristy