HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

The answer to Monday’s Trivia Question:
In the 3 ½ hour GRAMMY telecast, only 8 awards were given out.
The only 2 people that got it right were Soren Tanis and my sister, Kerri Tocci.

Friday’s Cable Top 5
GOLD RUSH-Discovery 1.9/4.8
BERING SEA GOLD-Discovery 1.4/3.4
NBA-ESPN 1.3/3.0
WWE-Syfy 1.0/3.2
HOUSE OF PAYNE-TBS .8/1.8

Sunday’s Broadcast Top 5
THE GRAMMY AWARDS (CFF)-CBS 14.4/41.1
ONCE UPON A TIME (CFF)-ABC 3.0/8.6
60 MINUTES-CBS 2.9/14.5
FAMILY GUY-FOX 2.5/4.9
AMERICA’S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS-ABC 2.0/7.7

Sunday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
GRAMMY’S (CFF)-CBS 17,122,439
THE SIMPSONS-FOX 86,496
FAMILY GUY-FOX 61,491
ONCE UPON A TIME (CFF)-ABC 49,864
AMERICAN DAD-FOX 32,249

Sunday’s Cable Top 5
Still N/A

Sunday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
THE WALKING DEAD-AMC 259,505
BRITISH ACADEMY FILM AWARDS-BBC 106,659
LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET (CFF)-E! 89,630
MY STRANGE ADDICTION-TLC 34,474
COMIC BOOK MEN-AMC 25,313

-Last night was a bit nutty for me…last minute Valentine’s Day shopping and apparently my son needs to make 4 dozen chocolate covered strawberries for a school thing on Wednesday that I didn’t know about, so I didn’t get to watch as much TV last night as I normally do…

-Okay, seriously...who is Kelly Ripa's stylist?  Something is really wrong and why in the world does Kelly not see it. From what I can tell in all of the home clips, and from the photos in all of the magazines, Kelly can dress herself pretty well when she isn’t working…Yesterday, Kelly came out in this blue and black dress that looked like Kelly wasn’t wearing a bra. The dress had such an odd look to it and it appeared that Kelly's headlights were on for the entire show.  It was so distracting, that viewers were emailing like crazy and Kelly had to address the issue live on the show after the commercial break...apparently she was wearing a Stella McCartney "Miracle Dress" and those were not her headlights at all but the darts and lines of the dress. Either way...HORRIBLE and either way, her stylist is to blame here…does anyone actually look at Kelly before she goes out on stage each morning?  I took a photo, if anyone is interested, let me know and I will send it to you. 

-I didn't agree with a few of the people that were chosen by THE VOICE judges last night and I was kind of hoping that they all had changed outfits by now, I mean it is episode 3...Pip and his bowtie were awesome, SO happy that he is on Adam's team.  Erin Willett's dad is dying of pancreatic cancer...I was glad that she wasn’t just a girl with a sad story but a good singer too. I had a feeling Perez Hilton's friend with the blue hair wouldn't be good...she looked the part, but just didn't have the voice to back it up, but James from Boston was pretty good and of course the amazing performance of “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Jordis Unga was a great show ender.  I didn’t watch ROCK STAR: INXS but apparently Jordis had appeared on that show in 2006. If she stops crouching to the ground while she is singing…she could have a career hopefully Blake will tell her that during the coaching part of the show.  I keep forgetting to bring up Cee-Lo and his white cat. Doesn’t he remind you of Dr. Evil the way he holds it and pets it?  I’m going to start calling him Dr. Ceeevil?  I’m not a big kitty fan…it sort of creeps me out.

-I only got through half of the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS reunion (part 3) so I haven’t seen the interview with Kim yet, but Andy did talk to the husbands who are all really good sports through it all.  Do I really think that Brandi wants to sleep with Ken…NO WAY.  Dana the housewife with the 25K sunglasses was also on the couch with everyone.  Can’t believe she was able to manipulate me to feel bad for her…but she did…what is wrong with me? Seriously though…Taylor needs to go…the whole story now just seems completely ridiculous and while I am sure most of it is true, and I have no idea what it’s like to walk in someone else’s shoes…I don’t understand at all why this woman would stay in the house with an apparent monster. 

-This past Sunday night's Grammy's telecast was the second-biggest social TV event ever, according to Trendrr. The show generated a total activity score of 17,122,439. In comparison, the 2011 Grammy Awards' total activity score was just over 2,529,717. For what it's worth, the biggest social event ever, this year’s SUPERBOWL XLVI (extra credit for bring the roman numerals back) saw a total activity score of 17,487,241.

-Kantar Video has published the results of a study of online video viewership and social activity surrounding last week's Super Bowl advertisements. The study finds that within the first three days, the top 10 ads created $862,000 on average in earned video impressions, a 12.7% return on the cost of running a spot in this year's Super Bowl. This year's Super Bowl ads in total have created more than $11 million in earned media and witnessed a 267% increase in viewership over last year's Super Bowl. Other interesting info:
  • Longer ads posted online offered much more value to advertisers. The longer ads online generated more viewership and discussion on average.
  • Over $2 million worth of earned viewership was created before the game, largely due to "sneak preview" strategies complemented by media outreach, seed and paid advertising.
  • Honda's Ferris Bueller-inspired "Matthew's Day Off" and Acura's Seinfeld/Leno-starring "Transactions" each earned over $2 million.
-69% of 18 to 29 year-old men recall seeing a mobile ad on their mobile phone
·         46% of females of the same age indicated the same.
·         59% of smartphone users of any age or gender reported having seen a mobile ad on their mobile phone.
·         40% of men ages 18 to 29 indicating that they actively enjoyed mobile ads
·         Only 15% of women responded feel the same way.
·         Across any age or gender a quarter of the respondents said they liked mobile ads at least somewhat.

-Dave Navarro will be back in my life again next season…INK MASTER has already been renewed for a second season. I swear that show really makes me want to get another tattoo…if I could stare into Dave’s face while getting it…maybe I would do it, but for now…it’s just a thought.

-Boy, what a difference 6 months make…have you heard the story about Oprah’s Tweet during the GRAMMY’S, begging people with Nielsen boxes to turn on OWN?  From what I am reading, OWN is hemorrhaging money and is in real trouble.  Nobody is watching…Oprah got desperate and broke the rules by asking Nielsen homes for a “favor”. Nielsen told her to take the tweet down, which she did and then apologized…I guess…there is a power larger than Oprah…Nielsen…I am truly laughing out loud at that one.

-VALENTINES DAY FACT:
Women tweet about Valentine's Day almost twice as much as men, and are also more positive about the holiday. An analysis of over 70,000 pre-holiday tweets showed that 8% of men's tweets about Valentine's Day are positive, compared to 20% of women's tweets. Conversely, women discuss the holiday negatively in only 11% of tweets, whereas men do so in 23% of their tweets.

-Tuesday’s Trivia Question-Last night on LATE NIGHT WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, the new Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover was revealed.  Can you name the model who will grace the cover this year?

WWTM-Kristy