Thursday, February 16, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 2/16/12


The answer to Wednesday’s Trivia Question: Sophie was the winner of SURVIVOR last season
FIRST FIVES: Jim Wall, Vince Mondano, Jo Engel, Annette Yorke & Kerri Tocci

Tuesday’s Broadcast Top 5
NCIS-CBS 3.9/19.4
NCIS LA-CBS 3.2/6.5
NEW GIRL-FOX 3.2/6.5
GLEE (KF)-FOX 2.8/6.8
UNFORGETTABLE-CBS 1.6/4.4

Tuesday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
GLEE (KF)-FOX 276,264
NEW GIRL-FOX 33,029
NCIS-CBS 28,354
COUGAR TOWN (KF)-ABC 21,546
THE RIVER-ABC 14,598

Tuesday’s Cable Top 5
TEEN MOM 2-MTV 2.0/3.4
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.4/3.1
TOSH.O-Comedy Central 1.4/2.4
THE GAME-BET 1.2/2.4
DANCE MOMS-Lifetime 1.0/2.2

Tuesday’s Cable Top Trendrr Top 5
TOSH.O-Comedy Central 49,905
TEEN MOM 2-MTV 49,392
DANCE MOMS-Lifetime 46,449
THE GAME-BET 22,387
WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW-USA 20,039

-This Mom thing is really getting to be a problem…last night I was only able to catch a couple of shows, as we had a huge School thing we had to attend…sure it was fun, and I was proud of my son…but come on…SURVIVOR was on!

-We did get home in time to watch it before bed and oh…how good it was…first of all…you know there is nobody better than Jeff Probst and he is another guy that just never ages!  Then the twist…everyone living on the same beach…guys against girls…brilllllliant!  Pretty much all of the guys took off their shirts right away and kept them off the entire time because…they seem to all have the sickest abs ever and need to flaunt them (fine by me).  The producers were able to find the gayest player ever in Colton (NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT) who is SO screwed by the entire guys against the girls thing, but he regrouped pretty quick and already got Sab (short for Sabrina) to give him the immunity idol she found.  There is this country girl named Chelsea who grabbed two wild chickens and made it look like she does this in her sleep…I guess that is what you do in your sleep when you live on a farm.  Who knew this skill would come in so handy? My favorite though…is Leif the little person.  I have always had this special place in my heart for little people (remember…I am only 4’10”) and this guy Leif is incredible.  Super strong, cool hat and seems to be a decent player so far…I am of course rooting for him, but it is only day 1.  So the big news of the episode is that Courtney the tattooed motorcycle repair chick who seemed sooooo tough…broke her wrist in the challenge and is out of the game, so nobody needed to be voted out.  SO happy SURVIVOR is back! 

MODERN FAMILY was pretty funny last night…I love shows when people get drunk.  Clair & Phil and Mitch & Cam went out to dinner and got hammered to celebrate Phil’s sale of a house to their friends Stefan and Steven…just that alone was hilarious.  In her drunken state, Claire agrees to be an egg donor for Cam and Mitch, but you know that’s just drunk talk and the next morning, Mitch and Claire are freaking out because both of them don’t think it’s a good idea…I love MODERN FAMILY…Phil just kills me…even when he just stands there in his hoodie...hysterical.  Completely separate note…I miss the originally Lily…just sayin

-LIVE WITH KELLY yesterday had a guy I had to Google as the co-host…I had no idea who Tony Potts was.  Apparently he hosted the weekend of version of ACCESS HOLLYWOOD…I didn’t know him, didn’t care for him, and couldn’t wait for his stint next to Kelly to end.  There was nothing bad…but nothing good either…just a bore fest.  Kelly’s dress was okay, the necklace was back (I have a picture of it if anyone wants to see it, let me know) and her shoes were terrible.  I am amazed that I can love and hate so much all at the same time.  It just all frustrates me so much.  Kelly…if anyone sends you this email…I have a friend who can help you with your wardrobe, your workout and a bunch of other stuff…call me, email me, text me…I’ll hook you up!  Oh…and a shout out to one of my WWTM readers for sending me a photo of the super sparkly Swarovski crystal Kitchen Aid Mixer…LOVE IT! (Again…if anyone wants to see the pic…let me know)

-I love Dave Navarro and I love INKMASTER, but Dave was wearing a very strange black tank top on this week’s episode that bugged me. We are down to the last six artists and they are all amazing in my opinion.  This week, the flash challenge was odd, and I would love to know what the casting agents had to do to find so many amputees with prosthetic legs…but they did and the challenge was for the artists to paint the prosthetics in 2 hours…Shane turned the prosthetic into this awesome dragon and won the challenge…he is the guy I think should win the whole thing…but all of them are amazing.  I am betting I get a 2nd tattoo before the end of 2012.   

-I didn’t get to see REVENGE last night, so I am in a media blackout…don’t tell me anything!

-If we didn’t need ANOTHER music/talent competition, and more J-Lo on FOX…they just announced that she and her ex, Marc Anthony’s Latin American talent search show,  Q’Viva will launch an English language version on the network March 3rd.  Each episode is…2 hours (I just can’t) and while the show will be in English, there will be
some subtitles added where necessary.

-GOLD RUSH on Discovery has already been renewed, which is great for the Carruba men, who really like this show…I have yet to watch it with them…I mean honestly, something has to end in order for me to add another show in and right now, it’s tough.

-Two other favorites among my guys…TOP GEAR AND TOP SHOT which premiered Tuesday night on the HISTORY channel. Top Gear delivered 2.1 million viewers and 1.1 million with both A18-49 and A25-54 viewers.  Top Shot delivered 1.8 million total viewers, 1.0 million with A18-49 and 1.1 million among A25-54

-I read yesterday that Jason Katims has pretty much finished writing the script for the FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS movie and now the bigger challenge will be to get all of the actors to film it, Jason and Peter Berg have been pretty clear that they would only do it with the original cast, and all of them are pretty busy these days.  But I know that the stars will align to make this project happen…I miss Coach Taylor, and the Dillon Panthers…

-Online video viewers continue to accept an increased number of ads in order to view long-form content (20+ minutes).
·         There are now nearly seven video ads per long-form video, which is more than double the ad load from early 2011.
·         Mid-roll video ad placements witnessed the biggest growth in 2011.
·         From Q1 to Q4, video viewing grew 47%
·         ad viewing grew 49%.
·         By Q4, three-fourths of all digital video content had a video ad associated with it, up from just over half in Q1.
  • The iPad has its own viewing dayparts distinct from other wireless devices and wired/broadcast viewing: an early primetime during the morning commute (7am to 10am) and a second primetime between 9pm and 11pm.
  • Professional video viewing dipped in Q4, partly due to seasonal viewing patterns and a dearth of new, professionally produced content showing up in linear and digital markets.
-31% of U.S. broadband households regularly watch movies and TV shows accessed from the web on their TVs,
·         The sale of digital video media receivers, such as Apple TV and Roku, were strong this past holiday season, with a penetration of nearly 13% of U.S. broadband households. Highlighting a growing trend in nontraditional approaches to viewing video
·         14 million of these type of devices will be sold in 2012.
·         While this trend does not yet frequently equate to canceling pay-TV services, it can mean shaving some premium channels for a set of households
·         Pay-TV providers should pay attention! 
-Nothing shocking here but a good chart is a good chart


Thursday’s Trivia Question: Lin-sanity is everywhere, and while we didn’t get to see the KNICK’s 7th win in a row last night, it’s a big deal in my house and apparently everywhere…so I am going with the trend…What college did Jeremy Lin graduate from?  (He didn’t receive any type of scholarship)

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment