Monday, February 6, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 2/6/12


The answer to Friday’s Superbowl Easy and Hard Trivia Questions: Kelly Clarkson obviously sang the National Anthem and the Oakland Raiders were the first Wild Card team to win a Superbowl.
FIRST FIVE EASY-Shawn Chekmayan, Kerri Tocci, Tom Donnelly, Bill McLaughlin & Bobby Aguilera
FIRST FIVE HARD-Jim Wall, Stephanie Baxter, Jo Engel, Tom Donnelly & Larry Goldberg

Thursday’s Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL (CFF)-FOX 5.4/17.1
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 5.4/16.3
GREY’S ANATOMY-ABC 3.5/9.6
ROB-CBS 3.4/11.2
PERSON OF INTEREST-CBS 3.3/14.9

Thursday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (KF)- CW 150,907
AMERICAN IDOL (CFF)-FOX 108,531
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 103,598
GREY’S ANATOMY-ABC 74,721
THE SECRET CIRCLE-CW 35,794

Thursday’s Cable Top 5
JERSEY SHORE-MTV 3.2/5.6
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.4/3.3
NBA BASKETBALL-TNT .9/2.1
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .8/2.2
PAWN STARS-History .7.2.0

Thursday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
JERSEY SHORE-MTV 241,919
BRAXTON FAMILY VALUES-WE 26,326
I JUST WANT MY PANTS BACK-MTV 21,307
SOUL TRAIN AWARDS-BET 20,494
ARCHER-FX 14,850

Friday’s Broadcast Top 5
BLUE BLOODS-CBS 1.7/11.2
20/20-ABC 1.7/5.5
CSI NY-CBS 1.6/10.1
KITCHEN NIGHTMARES-FOX 1.6/3.8
SHARK TANK-ABC 1.5/5.2

Friday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUPERNATUAL-CW 64,680
FRINGE-FOX 43,742
CSI NY-CBS 26,768
GRIMM-NBC 23,998
NIKITA-CW 23,604

Friday’s Cable Top 5
Not Available Yet

Friday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE-Syfy 66,057
PIERS MORGAN-CNN 19,316
SPARTACUS-Starz 19,223
GHOST ADVENTURES-Travel 11,725
PORTLANDIA-IFC 11,639

-CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW YORK GIANTS!  This is a family show…so I won’t say what I want to say, but in essence…take THAT New England Patriots, Tom Brady, and…you too Bill Belichick…big baby…can’t even come out for the press conference…awwww you didn’t win…BUMMER!

-Let’s get right down to it…I love SUPERBOWL SUNDAY…the fact that one of our home teams was in the game for all of us here in the NY/NJ area was gravy on top…of course if it had been my JETS playing, I am sure it would have been an entirely different day for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed it all nonetheless…I actually think SUPERBOWL SUNDAY has now become my favorite holiday…yes, I have declared it a holiday and would love it to appear on all calendars moving forward. 
·         PUPPY BOWL 2012 was how The Carruba’s started our SUPERBOWL day (after getting home from gathering all of the food and snacks) and I gotta say that in my opinion, that Oscar was the star of the show…you could argue that Marbles and Fumble gave Oscar a run for his money…but Oscar seemed to be quite the instigator which was exactly what the show needs to keep it moving…a feisty puppy that gets all of the other pups psyched up to just have made the big game.  Loved the addition of the Piggy Pep Squad and of course the Guinea Pigs flying the Icebreaker Frost Blimp, were busy, but still fun…I had forgotten about the puppy cam and the water bowl cam…not sure whose job it was to make sure the water was clear of nose cheese, but that person deserves a high five…good job!
·         Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton shouldn’t sing together again…or at least not that song, America The Beautiful…she was awesome (and I loved the pink sparkly mic) but Blake seemed to struggle a bit…he was of course easy on the eyes and their performance did remind me that after the game I needed to watch THE VOICE…ahhhh now I get it…
·         Gotta give Kelly Clarkson some props (props is slang for propaganda…right???) I thought she looked great and she nailed the National Anthem…I heard it again this morning and got chills again…it’s one of the toughest songs to sing and she made it look easy…(for the record, Kelly had a red sparkly mic, which I liked better than Miranda’s pink one)
·         I really loved Madonna’s Half Time Show…I did…I admit it…she entertained me…I liked all of the song choices…the stage was WAY cool, she is 53 people…she looks insane, and she can still move…It looked like she almost fell at one point, but even so…you have to give her credit…I didn’t think she needed LMFAO, Cee Lo, Nicki Minaj or M.I.A. especially given that M.I.A. for some reason felt the need to curse and flip the bird…why??? Was that really necessary??? I will say this…I wasn’t really sure who M.I.A. was…I do know who she is now, (after Googling her), I realized I do have one of her songs on my Ipod…so maybe it was her goal to get us all talking about HER rather than Madonna…which I guess I just did right here…damn girl…it worked
·         It seemed to me that every time the camera was on Tom Brady, he was spitting and staring at his spew, ewwwww…another reason to despise the guy…I hate spitting…which is hard when you are a sports fan since it is just part of it all…but still…ewwwww Tom Brady…ewwww
·         The first quarter safety really gave some people who always get the crappy numbers in their Superbowl boxes a shot…of course it didn’t help me at all…I didn’t win anything
·         The last minute of the game was just insanely suspenseful…we were all screaming and then holding our breath, because as you all know…a minute in Tom Brady land is just WAY too much time…but this time…he couldn’t get it done…see above for my comments 
·         As for the commercials…as I expected, the better ones were revealed prior to the game via the internet and this blog…so there weren’t that many new ones that I loved…
1.    I liked the Hyundai one where they are all singing the Rocky Theme Music
2.    I liked the Chevy one with the Barry Manilow song and the guys eating the Twinkies
3.    The Polar Bears are done…no more Polar Bears…sorry Coke people…
4.    Howard Stern’s AMERICA’S GOT TALENT spot was pretty good
5.    The Avengers trailer looked awesome
6.     David Beckham isn’t that hot and really…do American’s really care about him and Posh at this point?
7.    The Teleflora chick was gorgeous but I didn’t understand anything she said…was that the Victoria’s Secret girl??? Adriana Lima…yeah…she really shouldn’t speak…
8.    I did love the Skechers commercial with the dog wearing the sneakers
9.    I will be seeing all movies with Taylor “Tim Riggins” Kitsch in them…yes even John Carter
10.  THE VOICE spot was soooo good…until freaking Betty White had to show up…ENOUGH BETTY WHITE already
11. Loved the new NBC Sports Network spot
12. No more monkeys…please…no more monkeys
13. I do have a question…Are the Toyota people freaking out that Eli is their spokesman and yet he is “driving away” in a Chevy Corvette???
14. Chase Quick Pay commercial with Drew Brees was sorta enjoyable
15. So that’s what Regis is doing now?
16. I can’t believe Melanie Amarro got to work with Elton John…so jealous…I am a huge Elton fan
17. Did Tommy Lee have a face lift?  He looked weird in that Optima commercial?
18. How long was the Clint Eastwood spot???  Should have been shorter
19. Did I mention ENOUGH BETTY WHITE already??? I did…number 10…but maybe if I mention it twice it will happen
20. John Stamos’s Oikos yogurt commercial was cute and he is still really hot

-Hope you did stay awake and watch THE VOICE…it’s good.  The reason, aside from those awesome chairs, is…the judges and the caliber of the contestants…I don’t know if they told Christina Aguilera to dial it up this season or not, but she did…picking on everyone, especially Adam Levine (who she sings with on “Moves Like Jagger”) but…it works and it works well.  Christina’s boobs were back and she obviously wants us all to see them since she is wearing clothes that are at least a size to small…You know someone had to tell her who Tony Lucca was, as she had no idea that they were Mouseketeers together back in the day…but to her defense, she did hang with Justin Timberlake and Brittany Spears back then, so Tony Lucca probably wasn’t in the “cool” clique.  You know that there had to be one on THAT set…Jessie Campbell was awesome, but…if he was homeless and living in his car…how did he have enough money to get his daughter and Ipod???  Just sayin…

-Prior to SUPERBOWL SUNDAY…I did watch two Oscar nominated movies…THE ARTIST, which I knew I would hate and I was right…not for me at all…so bored…and knowing it will probably win all the big awards on 2/26 is making me dread (already) watching the show…but I will.  I did love, THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.  I had never read any of the books and now having seen the movie, I know I never will, but man what a twisted, amazing movie.  Rooney Mara, who was hopefully at the game last night as her family owns the team, was amazing…I am thinking she is a pretty happy camper these days…SUPERBOWL and OSCARS all in the same month…sounds good to me.

-Also caught up on LIVE WITH KELLY with DL Hughley as the co-host (he was good), TORI & DEAN finale (so sad the season is over), RINGER (so glad it’s back and was super juicy), INKMASTERS (I love Dave Navarro) and INSIDE THE ACTOR’S STUDIO with George Clooney…George really is the whole package…I think it came across in this show.  He is obviously insanely handsome and has PERFECT hair, so much so that even straight men find him attractive and comment on his hair (I live with one…I know this for a fact) he is really funny, he totally gets it, and he is also pretty intelligent…if you have a chance to catch this installment of INSIDE THE ACTOR’S STUDIO you should…it was one of the better ones…oh and for anyone knows the drill…you know that every guest is asked what their favorite curse word is…George’s is…dipsh*t…just for the record.

-I know a lot of you love SONS OF ANARCHY and recommend it to me…I have it on my list after THE GOOD WIFE, DEXTER and BREAKING BAD, so it is going to be a while before I get to it…however…just found out that it has been renewed for a 6th season.

-Top 10 Tweeting Athletes:
1.    Kaka-8,046,462 (apparently he is a Brazilian Soccer star-I hate Soccer)
2.    Christiano Ronaldo – 6,424,185 (Portugese Soccer star-I still hate Soccer)
3.    Shaquille O’Neal-4,871,510 (Very large Basketball player)
4.    LeBron James-3,269,716 (Not as tall, but large nonetheless)
5.    Lance Armstrong-3,221,116 (cheating Tour D France champion cyclist and cancer survivor)
6.    Chad Ochocinco-3,138,170 (real name is Chad Johnson, but he legally changed it to match his number-freak)
7.    Neymar Junior-3,129,408 (Another Brazilian Soccer star-ughhh Soccer)
8.    Dwight Howard-2,869,589 (Basketball player for the Orlando Magic with extremely large arms and a tiny head)
9.    Ronaldinho-2,848,771 (A second Soccer star with Ronald in his name-really despise Soccer, did I mention that?)
10. Tony Hawk-2,807,231 (Skateboarder and huge Howard Stern fan)

-Monday’s WWTM Superbowl poll question:  What was your favorite commercial?

-Monday’s Trivia Question: What was the Barry Manilow song playing in the Chevy commercial in last night’s SUPERBOWL?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment