Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 3/14/12



EASY ANSWER: The school that has won the most titles…UCLA with 11!
FIRST FIVES EASY: Vincent Mondano, Bobby Aguilera, Shawn Chekmayan, Michael Goldstein, & Jim Wall
HARD ANSWER-California
ONLY FOUR-Jimmy Wall, Vincent Mondano, Bobby Aguilera & Pete Insley

Sunday’s Cable Top 5
WALKING DEAD-AMC 3.6/6.8
OPRAH’S NEXT CHAPTER-OWN 1.2/3.4
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA-Bravo 1.2/2.2
AX MEN-History 1.2/2.8
KHLOE & LAMAR-E! 1.0/1.8

Monday’s Broadcast Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 5.1/14.3
THE BACHELOR AFTER THE FINAL ROSE-ABC 3.3/9.8
THE BACHELOR FINALE-ABC 2.9/9.1
SMASH (KF)-NBC 2.4/7.1
TWO AND A HALF MEN-CBS 2.1/7.5

Monday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE BACHELOR-ABC 167,210
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 149,928
THE BACHELOR-AFTER THE FINAL ROSE-ABC 103,307
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)-CBS 34,058
SMASH (KF) –NBC 28,072

Monday’s Cable Top 5

Monday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS-ABC 314,963
BAD GIRLS CLUB-Oxygen 171,563
WWE-USA 171,040
BASKETBALL WIVES-VH1 65,068
PIERS MORGAN-CNN 33,726
-I didn’t really care what Kelly was wearing yesterday, even if it was a cape and crazy, yet awesome green shoes because her gorgeous husband Mark Consuelos was her co-host.  I love when he’s on and he was really good yesterday.  Kelly and Mark had Will Ferrell on the show and apparently they produced a short film for Will’s FUNNY OR DIE website.  They showed a clip yesterday and it was really funny.  Check it out:

I finally got to see this week’s episode of GCB.  Ya know…it’s good…it just isn’t my thing.  To me it’s DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES in Dallas.  All of the actresses and actors are great and the writing is sharp, it just isn’t for me.  So I hate to say it, but I am not going to “Season Pass” it.  Sunday’s are brutal especially with GAME OF THRONES coming back in 18 days…so I have to be very tough at this point of where to direct my time.  One note, only because I work for a wireless company…these women are super wealthy and relatively young…why in the world do they all have such ancient handsets?  Seriously…flip phones?  I don’t even think any of them had a Smartphone or 3G let alone 4G handsets…they should go to their nearest store…looks like they are all eligible for upgrades!

COUGAR TOWN writers are hilarious.  They had Bobby shirtless again, but this time, Ellie and Jewels asked him why since it really made no sense in the storyline…his response was sort of to them and to the viewers…”who would walk away from this?”…he’s right…not me.  Sarah Chalke took one for the team in my opinion…pretty gross part of the storyline…apparently Bobby likes soup in a bread bowl (so does my husband) but always eats the bread first, which leads to a big disgusting mess of soup (of course it’s clam chowder) all over the place…and into Sarah’s lap…so the soup burns her thighs, which leads to well…you get the idea.  Funny…yes…sort of unnecessary though…

-I didn’t read anywhere that Joan Rivers was sued for sexual harassment, but apparently she either almost was or she was by one of her employees.  The good news is that the entire thing unfolded on JOAN KNOWS BEST so it is on tape.  The bad news is…the entire thing unfolded on JOAN KNOWS BEST so it is all on tape.  In my opinion, I could see both points of view here, but having the whole staff go through harassment training may have been a bit much…everything Joan and her team say and do could be considered inappropriate and offensive.  More offensive then anything was Tony, one of Joan’s writers, who also opens for her sometimes on the road…wore a thong on the show.  I felt a bit offended by that actually…just kidding-takes a lot more than a man in thong to offend me.

-I knew that FASHION STAR wasn’t going to be my thing at all…but I did try to watch it.  If you have ever met me, you would know that fashion is definitely not a priority.  I am really not that great at it and to be honest I don’t care.  I hate to shop and I find fashion to be stressful.  I was interested in the concept of this show though and will be very interested to see how it did in the ratings and for retail sales with the shows partners (Macy’s Saks and H&M).  I was glad to see that they must have taped the show before Jessica Simpson was pregnant, because she looked pretty good.  I had never seen John Varvatos before but I automatically like him because he is Howard Stern’s designer of choice.  Again…not giving it a “Season Pass”, but I could see people liking the show.  Elle MacPherson looks pretty good for 48…a bit botoxed but still gorgeous.

-I absolutely knew that once Peter Facinelli got more famous than his wife Jennie Garth (aka Kelly Taylor from 90210) he would so be outta that marriage.  I called it a long time ago.  He’s in the TWILIGHT movies, and NURSE JACKIE now and is doing pretty well.  I’m bummed they didn’t last longer, but I am not surprised at all. 

-In order to accommodate  and help single mom, Emily Maynard, the next cycle of THE BACHELORETTE will be filmed in her hometown of Charlotte NC.  That is pretty nice of the producers don’t cha think? 

- I don’t have a Walmart near my house, but this “program” is very interesting…Walmart has announced a new in-store "Disc-to-Digital" program that will allow customers to bring a DVD to a Walmart store in order to create a digital copy of that disc. The digital copy would then be loaded on to their account on VUDU, an online video service owned by Walmart. If customers don't have a free VUDU account, a store rep will help them create one. The price for each conversion will be $2. The program starts April 16. As part of the new offering, Walmart has partnered with Twentieth Century Fox, Universal, Sony Pictures, Paramount and Warner Bros., making each studio's library of movies available for conversion. Disc-to-Digital will also support the UltraViolet digital locker initiative backed by Hollywood, meaning customers will be able to purchase and watch UltraViolet-enabled titles through VUDU, which Walmart says is currently available on more than 300 internet-connected devices.  So if I am reading this right…you could rent/borrow a DVD from a friend and copy it for 2$??? Could that be?

-Did some digging…Jewel gave birth 8 MONTHS AGO!  OMG Jewel…seriously…you need to do something…I know it’s tough being a new Mom, having a career, but I am sure you can afford a trainer and a stylist girl…do something or that ultra cute rodeo guy is going to find himself an ultra cute rodeo girl and ride off into the sunset.

 -Bear Grylls from MAN VS WILD has been fired from Discovery Channel.  It says in all of the reports that Discovery Channel and Bear were having contract disputes and have “terminated all current productions with him.” If my name were Bear and I was in this situation…I think I would go over to Animal Planet and see if they would see the natural tie in there…oh…wait…Discovery owns Animal Planet…not good to burn bridges Bear…oh well…podcast maybe???


-I didn’t watch GAME CHANGE on HBO Saturday night…come on…BIG TIME RUSH: BIG TIME MOVIE was on at the same time…plus if you know my rules…I don’t get into politics at all…but… 2.1 million people felt the need to check it out...I am sure they would have loved BTR:BTM more. (maybe not) This was the highest viewership for an HBO original movie since 2004's Something The Lord Made which drew 2.6 million viewers.

-I didn’t watch GAME CHANGE on HBO Saturday night…come on…BIG TIME RUSH: BIG TIME MOVIE was on at the same time…plus if you know my rules…I don’t get into politics at all…but… 2.1 million people felt the need to check it out...I am sure they would have loved BTR:BTM. This was the highest viewership for an HBO original movie since 2004's Something The Lord Made which drew 2.6 million viewers.

-Pretty massive increase in online music listening from 2010 to 2011.  I know for me, it’s all over the board, but I definitely spend a lot of time on Pandora and even now a little bit on Spotify, so I guess a 50% increase year over year makes sense, especially economically.  If you don’t need to buy it, and you can access whatever song or music you want, whenever you want…why not?
 

-Wednesday’s March Madness EASY trivia question: The highest rated NCAA Championship game to date (according to James Gabriele) was the 1979 Indiana State vs Michigan State game. Who were the two superstars playing against each other?  
You know where the hard one is…
- Wednesday’s March Madness HARD trivia question Which college made the most final fours?

WWTM-Kristy










No comments:

Post a Comment