Friday, March 16, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 3/16/12


Thursday’s EASY ANSWER: The school that won back to back NCAA Championships: Florida
FIRST FIVES Jason Novick, Shawn Chekmayan, Soren Tanis, Jim Wall & Brendan Kamm

Thursday’s HARD ANSWER: The coaches name was: John Wooden
FIRST FOUR: Bobby Aguilera, Jason Novick, Brendan Kamm & Pete Insley

Wednesday’s Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 5.4/18.3
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 4.5/10.6
SURVIVOR (CFF)-CBS 3.0/10.5
CSI-CBS 2.8/11.7
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 2.8/11.4

Wednesday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 156,695
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 49,946
ONE TREE HILL (KF)-CW 47,347
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 27,439
AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL-CW 26,376

Wednesday’s Cable Top 5
NBA-ESPN 1.5/3.2
SOUTH PARK-Comedy Central 1.5/2.6
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.3/2.9
CHALLENGE-MTV 1.1/1.8
FACE OFF-Syfy 1.1/2.4

Wednesday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
SOUTH PARK-Comedy Central 65,689
PSYCH-USA 35,592
NCAA-Tru 28,470
FACE OFF-Syfy 24,518
UGLY AMERICANS-Comedy Central 10,212

-Michael Strahan is totally going to get the co-host job…I have a feeling.  He was on LIVE WITH KELLY again yesterday. They have great chemistry and he is really good…also, Michael could still do football stuff on the weekends…so it could work out pretty well for him.  All I know is that whoever is choosing his clothes is doing a great job.  He looks awesome every day.  I wonder if he looks at Kelly and thinks “what is up with this girls clothes? And why on earth would anyone let her out on stage wearing that hideous necklace?” I am not sure if I have ever mentioned this before, but man does he have HUGE hands…the coffee mug looks like a toy when he goes to drink from it and Kelly looks smaller than she already is next to him…if Michael Strahan gets the job, I would be fine with that decision.

-It was really hard to watch MODERN FAMILY this week, because I have a terrible fear of clowns and there were quite a few guys in full clown makeup this week.  Cam was apparently part of a successful clown team called Fizbo and Lewis (Cam was Fizbo…aka Fizzy).  Lewis was special guest star, Bobby Cannavale.  Also guest starring…Ellen Barkin as a competing real estate broker that was driving Phil Dunphy nuts.  My favorite storyline of the night though was Claire on Facebook…she kept sending friend requests to her daughters and they were making all kinds of excuses as to why they must not be getting the request.  I have so many rules about my Facebook page, and my 100 (yes I limit it to 100) Facebook friends that I would NEVER be friends with my Mom on Facebook…not a chance. Lucky for me, my Mom doesn’t really get why she would enjoy Facebook and I am not going to be the one to tell her.

-Speaking of Facebook…I actually had to consult my Facebook friends last night with questions about VAMPIRE DIARIES.  It was back last night, and I have to admit I was a bit confused about a couple of things…1) Why do they try to make Stefan and Damon look idiotic and ugly in scenes from the past? They are both hot and they should have been in 1912 if they are in 2012.  2) Did Damon plan to have Elena see Stefan feeding off of that girl or was coincidental? 3) Is Alaric possessed or something?  I needed some help from my friends…and of course I got it.  I am way less confused this morning than I was when I went to bad last night.

-Robin Givens must have had a voiceectomy or something…she was a guest star on SUBURGATORY and sounded nothing at all like herself…it was really sort of weird.  We learned a bit more about Tessa’s Mom this week…apparently she is alive and I am sort of guessing that maybe she is in a loony bin somewhere…hard to say, but the Grandmother is alive and I am also guessing that she is going to show up again when we least expect it.  Best part of the show…Dallas (Cheryl Hines) threw a party for her college roommates, and beside the fact that she served the most beautiful cake pops ever (I have tried to make cake pops and they never come out completely round or really pretty), she apparently went to an all Black college…which was never said but implied…did Omar Epps leave acting to start up a college?  Dallas and her friends were all wearing Epps College outfits and that’s immediately where my brain went…hilarious.

-Totally bummed that I didn’t like the new Jeff Lewis/Jenny Poulos Bravo show INTERIOR THERAPY.  Jeff was toned down quite a bit and Zoila was really only in the show for a minute.  The show takes a couple and renovates their home in 5 days.  Of course Jeff does a great job with the renovation, but the couple was annoying and I sort of thought that Jeff and Jenny where going to do more than just renovate their home…I thought they would get more involved with the couple too.  Also, it says in the opening that they “move in” but they sort of faked that idea by lying in a bed with their clothes on…I didn’t buy it.  Oh well…FLIPPING OUT returns in a few days…that’s good enough for me. 

-I still have a ton to catch up on this weekend…so check the blog…I might post some stuff there as I catch up!

-I feel bad for Mark Consuelos, his show…I HATE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER is now on an extended hiatus…not sure when it will return actually.  FOX is extending IDOL to 2 hours and GLEE returns in a couple of weeks, so Mark and his show are just chillin…but I have a feeling it could be a big chill…if you get the 80’s reference.

-FACE OFF’s season finale broke its own record this week, with 2.4 million viewers and a 1.3 RA18-49 this past Wednesday.  The show was up 65% vs. last season’s finale for total viewers and 58% against A18-49.  I have seen this show and it is pretty cool, it’s one of those shows that you can’t stop watching if you catch it, but I don’t season pass it.  I would if I could…but I always catch up with it at some point.

-Have you heard about the new TBS competition show KING OF THE NERDS?  I have to admit this one sounds good to me.  I guess with TBS’s success with the insanely popular BIG BANG THEORY…nerds are the new cool thing…so…what do we need to do…have them compete.  Just like SURVIVOR, they will compete as teams first and then as individuals as the field gets smaller.  How should host?  “Revenge of the Nerds” stars Curtis Armstrong (Booger) and Robert Carradine ( Lewis) I wonder of Anthony Edwards will make an appearance…he was Gilbert in the movie!  Anyway…we have to wait for this one until 2013…but I think it could be good.

-When GLEE returns in a few weeks, we finally get to meet Puck’s dad and guess who got the job?  Thomas Calabro aka Michael Mancini from MELROSE PLACE…I like that idea a lot.  I was always a big Dr. Mancini fan!

-Viggle, my current favorite app that rewards me when I check-in to all of my TV shows, has surpassed 250,000 registered users and exceeded 7 million check-ins since its launch. Users are spending an average of 89 minutes a day within the app and are engaging an average of 36 times per session with the app's selection of TV-related games, videos and interactive ads. 123,000 rewards have been redeemed, with gift cards from Best Buy, iTunes, Amazon and Starbucks being the most popular. In addition, the company says it has been able to influence what people are checking into by highlighting shows in the "What's On" section of the app. I love watching TV with Viggle, especially live events…they have tons of great trivia questions as you watch the show.  So far I personally have redeemed 3 movie theatre tickets and an Itunes gift card.  If you aren’t watching with Viggle, you need to download it this weekend.  It will be available on Android at the end of this month, for now, it’s IPADS and IPHONES.

-There will be 1.43 billion social network users across the world in 2012 –which is a 19.2% increase vs. 2011.
·         63.2% of internet users across the world will visit a social network at least once a month in 2012
·         This number will increase to 67.6% in 2013 and 70.7% in 2014.
·         At this rate 20.4% of people in the world will use a social network in 2012, jumping to 25.8% in 2014.
·          837.3 million people worldwide will use Facebook in 2012, a 27.4% increase from 2011.
·          The U.S. will lead the way with 141.2 million users in 2012, followed by India (68.1 million), Indonesia (49.1 million), Brazil (45.4 million) and Mexico (25.6 million).

-Friday’s EASY March Madness Trivia Question: Before CBS started covering the NCAA Tournament, what network had the rights to broadcast the NCAA Tournament? 

Friday’s HARD March Madness Trivia Question: Name the 3 Big East teams that made it to the Final Four in 1985 and name the team that won it all in 85? 

WWTM Weekend Movie Suggestion: Wild Things starring Matt Dillon, Kevin Bacon, Neve Campbell and Denise Richards.  I thought about this movie when they re-aired Denise Richards on the Howard Stern show the other day…it’s really good and has one of the best kiss scenes ever…oh and it’s between Neve and Denise…check it out if you have never seen it…or even if you have…it’s a great movie

Have a great weekend

WWTM-Kristy

1 comment:

  1. Agreed on Jeff Lewis BUT I am going to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete