Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 3/20/12

The answer to Monday’s Trivia Question: Johnny Depp played Detective Tom Hanson on 21 JUMP STREET
FIRST FIVES: Brendan Hoey, Shawn Chekmayan, Mike Pierro, Brett Blattman & Neil Moffatt

The answer to Monday’s NCAA Trivia Question: Houston was the school that appeared in 3 straight Final Fours in the 1980’s.
Only one person got it right…Bobby Aguilera.

Friday Cable Top 5
NCAA-TNT 1.2/2.6
BERING SEA GOLD-Discovery 1.0/2.2
NCAA-TNT .9/2.3
WWE-Syfy .8/2.8
IN PLAIN SIGHT-USA .8/4.0

Sunday’s Broadcast Top 5
ONCE UPON A TIME (CFF)-ABC 2.9/8.5
FAMILY GUY-FOX 2.8/5.6
60 MINUTES/AMAZING RACE-CBS 2.6/10.5
NCAA/60 MINUTES-CBS 2.5/10.0
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES-ABC 2.5/8.9

Sunday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
NCAA-12N CBS 121,806
NCAA-5P CBS 121,194
THE SIMPSONS-FOX 89,486
NCAA-230p CBS-76,293
FAMILY GUY-FOX 72,494

Sunday’s Cable Top 5
Still NA

Sunday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
THE WALKING DEAD-AMC 489,141
NCAA 830p-TNT 129,066
NCAA 730p-Tru 86,607
NCAA 930p-TBS 73,864
NCAA 6p-TNT 71,740

Top 5 DVRed shows last week
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)
CRIMINAL MINDS
TWO & A HALF MEN
THE OFFICE
ONCE UPON A TIME (CFF)

-I have said it before about ICE LOVES COCO, but after Sunday’s episode, I just have to say it again…I LOVE THEM! And they really do love each other.  Ice and Coco have a deal where they never spend more than 24 hours apart and haven’t in 11 years.  In this week’s episode, Coco had to go to Pheonix to help her sister with a kids tutu fashion show (it was surprisingly cute) and Ice had to perform in Atlantic City.  They discussed it like a healthy couple should and Coco went to Pheonix, but promised to be back in time for Ice’s show.  The entire time that Coco was gone, Ice was miserable and missing her and Skyping her and he told anyone that would listen to him how lost he is without his wife.  It was really refreshing to hear and see.  Coco was busy, but she felt the same way and literally ran into her man’s arms as soon as she saw him in Atlantic City.  I don’t know if it is always the case, but Coco even performed on stage with him.  They are really a great couple and have good thing.  I did find it weird that they only have one cell phone between the two of them, so when Coco left, Ice had to use his friends phones…that’s strange.

-Nick Lachey was back as co-host of LIVE WITH KELLY…so I am guessing at this point he too is a front runner.  So we have who…Dan Abrams, Michael Strahan, Nick Lachey and who else is left?  Kelly had a great outfit on but of course you know what ruined it.  Speaking of hideous necklaces…I got a call from a reader yesterday who was watching the CBS MORNING SHOW with Gayle King (I didn’t realize there were actual viewers out there of this show) who told me that I need to Google Gayle’s hideous necklace…I tried but couldn’t find it.  Gayle should take her jewelry cues from her BFF, because Oprah may not know how to start up a network, but she does know how to pick out jewelry.

-Great episode of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER last night.  I love the edition of Becki Newton and hope she sticks around.  In last night’s episode, Quinn and Barney scam Robin, Ted, Marshall and Lily just for the fun of it.  The “gang” feels that Barney is moving too fast with Quinn so they decide to have a Quinntervention…hilarious.  I do have to say that this show airs at 8pm aka “the family hour” and I do watch it with my 10 year old…last night Marshall wanted to be cool and tell his sex stories (which were all about Lily) and to be honest…I actually felt a little uncomfortable with Dylan hearing them all…maybe I am just on edge from these freaking 50 Shades of Grey books…I don’t know.

-Some great performances on THE VOICE last night.  My favorite of the moment is Pip. I also like saying his name…Pip.   I think that CeeLo was insane to choose that whacko Erin, she seems like she is going to be a major diva already.  I was loving Adam Levine’s red sweater, but it was weird how from segment to segment his facial hair changed so much.  He went from no beard to beard to sorta scruffy.  If the producers are so hung up on continuity that they don’t change the judges clothes ever (Christina is still wearing that sparkly flying saucer hat) they should tell Adam to keep it scruffy or lose it completely…I like him both ways, but he should swap out the black and white sweater for the red one…love it.

-More stress for Bethenny and Jason on BETHENNY HAPPY EVER AFTER.  Remember over the Summer when they were filming and there was all of this controversy about Bethenny and Jason getting stranded at sea with her therapist?  Well this was the episode…First and foremost…is there really such a thing as couples sailing therapy or was Dr. Amidor just trying to figure out a way to right off his boating expenses?  The idea seemed weird to me especially with another couple on the boat that seemed to disappear for 18 of the 22 hours they were all stranded.  If memory serves the controversy also had something to do with the rescue team, but we didn’t see much of that.  I don’t know what to think of Dr. Amidor at this point…especially when he continued to counsel Jason and Bethenny while Jason was seasick in bed…I would have been mortified if my therapist (ex-therapist…that was years ago) walked in on me in the bathroom…not sure you can get much more personal than that really.  All in all Bethenny and Jason seemed to actually walk away from the experience in a bit of a better place than they were when they boarded, but I don’t think they will ever set sail again…

-As you know I don’t watch or discuss JERSEY SHORE, but for all of you that do, JERSEY SHORE with I guess either a pregnant Snookie or new Mom Snookie will be back for Season 6…whoopie

-I don’t know how many of you really believe that all of these celebrities that write books and cookbooks do it all by themselves, and you all know that I do have somewhat of a girl crush on Gwyneth Paltrow (which seems to be waning lately)…so I was a bit annoyed that she is so annoyed about someone coming out of the woodwork to say that she helped Gwyneth write her cookbook.  Whether this girl did or didn’t contribute, I never for a minute thought Gwyneth wrote her book all by herself.  I don’t know why this is all getting so blown out of proporation, but it is for some reason.  The masses aren’t as stupid as everyone thinks they are…we get it.

-THE WALKING DEAD final numbers aren’t in yet, but we do have some info on Sunday nights finale:
9pm airing delivered 9 million total viewers, 6 million A18-49

-Another huge show on Sunday night…Discovery’s FROZEN PLANET premiere…which was apparently seen by a total of 26.7 million people which would be 9.2% of the country…that is pretty impressive…more numbers to come on this as soon as all of the Sunday numbers are posted.  Sunday’s are really getting to be the best night on TV all around.  Once GAME OF THRONES is back…the DVR situation around America is really going to be insane.

-I guess you could blame it on Rosie, but I am blaming it more on Oprah…the OWN Network let 30 employees or 20% of its staff go yesterday.  The network is struggling to bring in the numbers which means…something’s got to go…so first Rosie and now a bunch of others…is anyone surprised?  Not me.  I have a little bit of a suggestion for Oprah…if Sunday nights are already so competitive and getting more and more competitive, why would you put you premiere your only decent shows on Sunday nights? What about Friday nights when there is really NOTHING to watch?  Just a thought O…but I am sure there are a bunch of advisors trying to figure this all out for you…probably the same ones who got you into this mess in the first place.

-Some interesting Hulu numbers:
·         25.3 Million viewers in 2011 to 37.9 million viewers in 2012
·         Hulu now reaches 1 in 5 US Internet video viewers (20% coverage in February 2012)
·         68% of Hulu viewers are A18-49
·         Hulu reached 38 million unique viewers in February 2012 representing 50% growth in viewership vs January 2011

-Some key FOX Season Finale Dates:
4/7 Q’VIVA: THE CHOSEN
4/17 RAISING HOPE
5/8 NEW GIRL
5/11 FINDER & FRINGE
5/13 AMERICAN DAD
5/14 BONES
5/20 THE CLEVELAND SHOW, THE SIMPSONS, BOB’S BURGERS, FAMILY GUY
5/21 HOUSE
5/22 AMERICAN IDOL – PERFORMANCE SHOW & GLEE
5/23 AMERICAN IDOL FINALE

-I given Jimmy Fallon any reason lately to want to sleep over my house…I really want to stay top of mind so as soon as there is a break in his very busy schedule, he can get his butt over for the big night…that being said…here is a great video as always BRILLIANT!  (Maybe I need the band to come to the sleepover too?)



Tuesday’s Trivia Question: What is Ted Mosby’s middle name?

Tuesday’s Difficult NCAA Trivia Question: What major Cinderella story team and perrenial upset threat is based in Spokane Washington?

WWTM-Kristy


No comments:

Post a Comment