Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 3/23/11

-Even I am sick of this weather and I love winter, but really, enough is enough! (24
days til vacation, can you see I am getting antsy?)


-The correct answer to yesterdays trivia question was ELIZABETH SHUE.  5 People
answered correctly.  Thanks for participating guys! 


-Sunday Cable ratings: NCAA led the night with an average rating across all nets of a
1.5.  Combined total viewers was 17 million. ARMY WIVES delivered a 1.3 followed by
AX MEN with a 1.2, CHOPPED with a 1.1, Kourtney & Kim doing something with a 1.0
and REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY with a 1.0 (I never watched this one,
got on the bandwagon with NYC).  I gave up BIG LOVE last season, but this week's
series finale delivered a .7  The real version of BIG LOVE, SISTER WIVES, delivered a .8


-Monday night ratings: DANCING WITH THE STARS is back and it's big.  22.6 million
people tuned in to see Daniel-San (correct spelling), Kirstie Alley and all the others
delivered a 5.3 which helped CASTLE to deliver its highest numbers to date with a 3.1
and 12 million viewers beating out HAWAII 5-0 in the time period.  A rerun of 2 1/2
Men still generated 9.2 million viewers and a 2.7.  HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)
delivered 8 million viewers and a 3.0  I hope Evan and Andrew watched this one,
because one of the funnier parts (the entire show is funny though) was about how one
of the characters says words incorrectly...it def reminded me of both of them.


-Monday cable ratings: PAWN STARS (CFF-M) topped the night with a 2.2.  Without
Snooki, WWE RAW dropped back down but still delivered a 2.0.  AMERICAN PICKERS
delivered a 1.8.  Rounding out the top 5 was the PRETTY LITTLE LIARS season finale
with a 1.3 (3.6 million viewers) which beat NBC's THE EVENT (of course it did...is
anyone watching that one?) and BAD GIRLS CLUB.  I have to give a shout out to 2 of
my Monday night faves: BETHENNY (KF-OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW!) delivered a .7 and
BEING HUMAN (KF) delivered a .5


-By now you have heard about Chris Brown's rampage on the set of GMA yesterday. 
From what I have read, all questions were approved, but he went insane anyway and
threw a chair out of his dressing room window and left the building.  He had been
scheduled to sing another song for the show as well as perform on next week's
DANCING WITH THE STARS.  I hope ABC sends him a big fat bill for damages and
throws him off the network for good.  What an idiot. 


- BRAVO's upfront next week, sounds really cool to me. Bravo will offer the advertisers
and agency executives who attend its “upfront” events on March 30 a chance to be seen
by the viewers of the channel at whom they aim their commercials. It is the first time
that Bravo has opened up in this manner the upfront process, so known because it
takes place ahead of the start of the coming television season. Bravo plans to host its
upfront events in three cities: Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. From 9 to 11 p.m.
(ET), viewers of “Top Chef All-Stars” on Bravo will see live cut-ins from those events;
plans call for six glimpses of the upfront events, two from each city.


-With the announcement from NETFLIX that they will be running first run programming,
the networks are starting to realize how this may affect them.  The first network to
take action: SHOWTIME. They are pulling their original series off NETFLIX'S streaming
video service when a current deal expires this Summer.  This includes DEXTER and
CALIFORNICATION.  These programs will be available to SHOWTIME subscribers via
their broadband SHOWTIME ANYWHERE service.  Let's see who else is next.
-Just a reminder for all of you SURVIVOR (CFF) fans, tonight at 8pm Jeff Probst will be
tweeting live and Boston Rob is still in this thing, so tune in and let me know what you
think tomorrow.  I hope I can get someone to try watching with Jeff!  It is really a
great experience. 


-I have a new favorite App on my IPAD called ZITE...it is a content aggregator that
continues to customize the content based on your feedback to build you a personalized
magazine.  Check it out and let me know what you think.  Share your favorite Apps!  I
think that’s how most cool Apps get discovered, by others sharing...so put it out there!


-NBC is replacing current struggling Thursday night comedy PERFECT COUPLES with
THE PAUL REISER SHOW effective 4/14.  Today's trivia question is:  We all know that
Paul was on another successful sitcom called MAD ABOUT YOU.  What was his wife's
name in the show and what was their dogs name?


WWTM-KRISTY

No comments:

Post a Comment