Sunday, March 4, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 3/5/12 UNEDITED VERSION


Friday's Trivia Question answer: Courtney B. Vance played Jonesy in one of my all time favorite movies…THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER
FIRST FIVES: Liam O’Neill, Mike Pierro, Todd Petrich, Adam Monaco & Rich Carruba

Thursday’s Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 5.3/18.2
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 3.2/11.2
ROB-CBS 2.6/8.9
THE OFFICE-NBC 2.5/4.9
AWAKE-NBC 1.9/6.2

Thursday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 199,220
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 71,510
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (KF)-CW 59,555
AWAKE-NBC 47,373
THE OFFICE-NBC 34,927

Thursday’s Cable Top 5
JERSEY SHORE-MTV 2.7/5.2
SWAMP PEOPLE-History 1.8/4.5
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.3/2.8
NBA-TNT 1.0/2.1
MUDCATS-History 1.0/2.3

Thursday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
JERSEY SHORE-MTV 232,448
SWAMP PEOPLE-History 20,230
BRAXTON FAMILY VALUES-WE 18,565
30 ROCK-Comedy Central 17,894
PIERS MORGAN-CNN 16,312

Friday’s Broadcast Top 5
UNDERCOVER BOSS-CBS 2.0/9.5
BLUE BLOODS-CBS 1.7/11.4
SHARK TANK-ABC 1.7/6.1
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?-ABC 1.7/5.8
GRIMM-NBC 1.7/5.5

Friday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUPERNATURAL-CW 48,822
GRIMM-NBC 29,100
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?-NBC 17,642
SHARK TANK-ABC 17,065
JIMMY FALLON-NBC 14,174

Fridays’ Cable Top 5

Friday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE SMACKDOWN-Syfy 72,644
SPARTACUS-Starz 20,488
106 & PARK-BET 17,976
PIERS MORGAN-CNN 16,222
GHOST ADVENTURES-Travel 12,451

A lot to cover today and I really wanted to keep it all...there was so much, I decided  to put the unedited version over on the blog site, so check it out if you have a minute.

-Last night ONCE UPON A TIME focused on the story of how Grumpy the Dwarf got his name. Apparently not only are dwarfs hatched from eggs, born with beards, and given Dwarf names by a magic axe.They are also destined to work only in diamond mines in order to find fairy dust for mankind. (Who knew there was such demand for fairy dust in the world?)  When Grumpy was first born, he was actually named Dreamy, but only after he meets a fairy in training named Nova (never heard of her in Fairytales...you???), falls in love with her, makes a plan to leave the mines and fly off with her to see the world, but is told by her boss, the blue fairy that it is Nova's dream to be a fairy godmother, does he set her free, which breaks his heart and sends him back to the mines and back to work...he picks up his ax and his name changes to Grumpy.  I think that was the longest run on sentence ever...not sure how I could have changed it though and it's too late now...

-More Trump self promotion on this week’s CELEBRITY APPRENTICE.  We all know the team meets and works out of Trump Tower, drinks Trump water (and carries the bottles with them EVERYWHERE even when climbing a ladder) but this week’s project was centered on the next generation of TRUMP self promotion, Ivanka Trumps new clothing line...the teams assignment was to create a live window display in Lord & Taylor's windows to showcase the line.  Because Ivanka is judging this one (along with some dude from Lord & Taylor) she got an entire show to tell us all who her target is, what the brand stands for and of course to showcase the line.  All of this and I'm betting they didn't pay an integration fee at all.  Seemed to me this would be a slam dunk for the women since Aubrey had a great idea and George had no clue and I was right...the guys lost and were sent to the boardroom. Bummer that George got fired so early in the show...but he was a mess...On a side note,  I  did learn that the window displays are actually below street level and are put together down below and then get pulled up to reveal the scenes each time they change...learned something new!  Two observations…Michael Andretti could possibly be mute and I really think that Don Jr. tries the entire time not to laugh at how ridiculous everyone is.  Another impressive week for Penn Gillette who, I think will win the whole thing.

-ICE LOVES COCO started out with Coco wearing…I think…a super tiny leopard workout outfit to vacuum the apartment.  Have you guys seen this show yet?  OMG, you must…it’s really truly amazing.  I guess Ice is just really used to Coco’s makeup, clothes and insanely large boobs, because no matter what, he never seems phased.  This week Ice and Coco fly down to Miami for the weekend to “relax” and spend time alone, but one of Ice’s friends named Mark shows up and spends pretty much the entire weekend with them.  Finally Ice tells Mark he can’t come on the fishing trip and he takes it so well that while he is waiting for them he books a dinner reservation for them as a thank you at Mr. Chows.  In the meantime, Coco catches an insanely large fish which is all she really wanted to do since she had caught a 141 pounder the last time she went fishing and Ice lost the pictures…Ice is smooooooooooooth…I mean this guy totally knows how to make his wife happy and that’s all he really cares about.  I love Ice & Coco.

-I had seen the pilot of GCB, aka GOOD CHRISTIAN BELLES, aka GOOD CHRISTIAN B*TCHES and I did really enjoy it, so I might watch it next week…might not…let ya know when I finally decide.

-In addition to Sunday nights primetime viewing above, I watched WAY too much this weekend. I did go out  Friday night for dinner, got to the gym on Saturday, ran a ton of errands, baked a cake, did a ton of things around the house and cooked a great Sunday dinner, so you can't call me a couch potato loser… I was entitled…here are some quick reviews:

-LIVE WITH KELLY from Friday- Dan Abrahms, seemed to be acting like he got the job, and I have to admit, he is sort of growing on me.  Does Dan have a lazy eye?  I think he might...NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH it but it is, and could continue to be, kind of distracting...Kelly wore a grandma dress, the necklace was still MIA and her hair was awesome.

-INKMASTER is down to the final 3...Josh was kicked off and I am betting on Shane. Dave wore another extremely odd tank top.  I took a picture if anyone wants to see it let me know.

-WHITNEY was really funny, Alex, Whitney's BF really does look like Bozo the Clown...since I have a crazy fear of clowns, I am at a crossroads

-SMASH was soooo good this week.  Are you guys watching?  

-There are only a few episodes of RINGER left and the verdict is still out as to whether or not it is going to be renewed or not...with every show ending with a crazy cliffhanger  a decision on the shows future needs to be made soon because if it ends in the sickest cliffhanger ever without any sign of resolution, I am going to be pissed!  This week we found out that Andrew isn't as amazing as we think (most guys never are) and that his ex, Juliet's Mom is in cahoots with her teacher...didn't see that one coming at all.  

-ONE TREE HILL-someone needs to tell me who Lauren is....Nice to see Deb and Skills are back and I am pretty sure that Evil Dan is going to save the day, find Nathan, marry Deb and everyone will forget that he killed his own brother. I want to stop watching this train wreck, but I just can't...I made a commitment and I'm stickin to it.

-30 ROCK- guest appearances by Susan Sarandon, Patti Lupone and Stanley Tucci...Frank is really, really gross

-CELEBRITY APPRENTICE (last weeks) The challenge was really stupid, Penn Gillette was ultra impressive in the boardroom and I am soooo happy that Victoria Gotti is gone because she was annoying and sort of scary.

-It really bugs me that it is ALWAYS a full moon in every episode of BEING HUMAN.  It is also starting to bug me that our three stars are barely ever trying to BE human.  Nora loves being a wolf so much that she broke up with Josh and left town to go be a wolf and rip people to shreds...Josh has a conscience and feels remorse when he rips people to shreds...so...buh bye Nora

-I also was able to fit in the Academy Award Best Picture nominee...HUGO.  In my opinion, It was the best picture of the year.  If you haven't seen it...you really should.  Sure it is visually stunning, but Martin Scorsese (DRINK) is a brilliant filmmaker and this movie just pulls you into it.  Bravo Marty
-Lindsay Lohan, (who looked nothing like Lindsay Lohan to me), was the host of SNL this week.   There was really was just one bad joke throughout the entire show…Lindsay is basically a loser.  I only thought 2 skits were funny…James Carville on Weekend Update and THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF DISNEY which was hilarious here is the clip:

-Some mobile phone facts:
·         There are more smartphone owners in the U.S. now than non-smartphone owners
·         46% of Americans now own a smartphone as of February 2012 up 11% vs. May of 2011
·         41% of Americans own a mobile phone that is NOT a smartphone
·         The increase is across every major demographic group
·         Overall adoption rates are at 60% for college grads, 18-35 year olds, and income of over 75K
·         Seniors are the only ones lagging behind as only 13% of this segment owns a smartphone
·         20% of cellphone owners in the US use Android devices-up 15% vs. May 2011
·         19% of cellphone owners in the US use Iphone devices-up 10% vs May 2011
·         6% of cellphone owners in the US use Blackberry devices-down 10% vs May 2011
-Yahoo, did really well during this years award season with all of their coverage and programming.  They were responsible for 100 pieces of original content, additional exclusive content and in a partnership with ABC.com delivered a great deal of growth for audience reach and time spent.  Their coverage of the GOLDEN GLOBES saw a 60-90% increase in audience reach and a 60% increase in time spent over last year.  During the week of the GRAMMY AWARDS, the audience reach jumped to 97%, and time spent increase by 95%.  Yahoo also broadcast Whitney Houston’s funeral live which was one of the top 10 most trafficked live news events for Yahoo in the past 10 years.  During the Academy Awards, Yahoo increased 23% in time spent vs. last year.
Boy, when Jimmy Fallon finally sleeps over, we are going to have a lot to talk about…did you guys see Friday’s show with THE BOSS?  The entire show was all Bruce, but for me…this opening number is just genius…good to see that Bruce has a great sense of humor!
PLEASE COME SLEEP OVER JIMMY!  I promise we will have awesome snacks and a lot of platonic fun!  

-Apple hit the 25 billion apps downloaded mark on 3/2/12 and with it, they released the top 25 paid and free apps lists.   Below are the top 5 of each.. for the full list, check out my blog (watchingwaytoomuch.blogspot.com).  I am guessing I wasn’t the winner of the $10,000 Apple gift card, what a bummer…
Top 5 paid apps: Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump, Cut the Rope and Angry Birds Seasons (I have none of these)
Top 5 free apps: Facebook, Pandora, Words with Friends, Skype, and The Weather Channel ( I have all of these)
-On Saturday night, March 3rd, in Los Angeles a star studded cast including Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Kevin Bacon, Martin Sheen, Matt Bomer, Matthew Morrison, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christine Lahti, Chris Colfer and many others did a live broadcast on the internet of a play written by a guy named Dustin Lance Black called “8” : A play about the fight for marriage equality.  Pretty powerful I cried my eyes out…anyone interested can find it on youtube, here’s the link:
-On March 11th (this coming Sunday) Oprah is hoping for some big fat ratings as she will be interviewing Whitney Houston's daughter,  Bobbi Kristina Brown, (aka BobbiKris).  Don’t worry…I will remind you again as it gets closer, because even though you won't admit it...you want to watch.
-Alex Loughlin aka Steve McGarrett on HAWAII 5-0 needs to take a leave of absence to deal with what I can only determine to be an addiction to pain killers.  I don’t watch the show, I am not even positive I know who he is but we all love a good addiction, go to rehab, comeback story so Alex...good luck.  Even though I don't know you...I am rooting for you.

-Good news for DOWNTON ABBEY fans...pretty much the entire cast re-signed for another season!  I know I'm happy about it.  Reminder the show is DOWNTON ABBEY not DOWNTOWN ABBEY...there are still some of  you making this mistake and it is my duty to make sure it doesn't happen again.  

-Some information on CeeLo's cat...first of all...the cat is not really owned by CeeLo...he is a prop cat whose name is Purrfect and has 23,000 Twitter followers...that CeeLo, tricking us all into thinking Purrfect was his...NOT

-Nick Cannon supposedly has Lupus

-Tatum O'Neal is back in rehab...after watching her show last Summer with her Dad...doesn't shock me.  
-Trivia theme week alert…this week’s theme will be SPIN-OFFS
EASY QUESTION: Name the Spin-Off from the show...THE PRACTICE
HARD QUESTION: Name the Spin-Off from the show...PARTY OF FIVE 
WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment