Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 3/7/12


Answer to Tuesday’s EASY Trivia question: THE SIMPSONS spun off from THE TRACEY ULLMAN SHOW
FIRST FIVES: Tara Dowling (she now reads the blog people…it’s available earlier than the email! LOOK OUT), Matt Agronin, Vincent Mondano, Todd Petrich, & Shawn Chekmayan

-Only one blog reader attempted the answer to the Hard question: The 4 shows that spun off from the MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW were: LOU GRANT, PHYLLIS, RHODA and CARLTON YOUR DOORMAN

Sunday’s Cable Top 5
WALKING DEAD-AMC 3.5/6.7
STORAGE WARS-A&E 1.6/4.1
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA-Bravo 1.5/2.6
ARMY WIVES-Lifetime 1.2/3.6
PRIME MOVIE-TBS 1.2/2.9

Monday’s Broadcast Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 6.0/16.6
SMASH (KF)-NBC 2.7/7.8
THE BACHELOR-ABC 2.5/8.1
TWO & HALF MEN-CBS 2.1/7.9
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)-CBS 2.0/6.1

Monday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 222,248
THE BACHELOR-ABC 60,577
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)-CBS 39,102
SMASH (KF)-NBC 30,293
TWO AND A HALF MEN-CBS 25,036  (Interestingly…the sentiment online is now 49% positive and 37% negative)

Monday’s Cable Top 5
PAWN STARS-2.1/6.1
WWE-USA 1.8/4.6
AMERICAN PICKERS-History 1.7/5.8
TI & TINY-VH1 1.1/2.0
BASKETBALL WIVES-VH1 1.1/1.9

Monday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
BAD GIRLS CLUB –Oxygen 212,719
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS-ABC Family 209,206
WWE-USA 188,683
BASKETBALL WIVES-VH1 85,145
THE LYING GAME-ABC Family 38,031

-A ton of traffic, and my son’s basketball game (we won) got in the way of a full viewing night for me, but even with these issues, I was able to catch a few shows…

-So I guess I don’t have any LIVE WITH KELLY readers as her necklace was back yesterday after a very long enjoyable hiatus.  I have no idea what her stylist was thinking with the outfit and the necklace, it seriously drives me nuts every night when I see what she walks out in.  I just don’t get it…I am guessing that Gelman has done tons of research, and focus groups and that middle America thinks Kelly looks great…but I just think she has so much more potential to really wear some great outfits.  Nick Lachey was back and he was really good.  He is a great interviewer and he was really good with the host chat and seems to have chemistry with Kelly.  I wouldn’t mind if he got the gig.  Good Luck Nick…kick that Dan Abrams out of the running!

-COUGARTOWN was next.  Are you guys watching this show?  It is really good…so underrated really.  The writing is so clever and the pace is quick so you have to pay attention.  The characters pretty much drink red wine for the entire episode, I counted 18 glasses and a beer in last night’s alone, they even replaced their neighbors water fountain with red wine.  Last night, Sarah Chalke made her debut as a new love interest for Jewels’ ex, Bobby (who also found a way to go topless last night…thanks writers) I do have one observation that bugs me…every once in a while, Jewels’ (Courtney Cox) boyfriend Grayson looks like he has beady little vampire eyes, but in a cute way.  Other than that, I really have nothing bad to say…I love this show.  I am sure they will move it to 3 more time slots, but as long as it doesn’t get cancelled I’m good.  It is sort of the same as RULES OF ENGAGEMENT…good show, moves all around, underrated, don’t cancel it.

-I started out watching JOAN & MELISSA alone and my husband and son rolled their eyes at me. Then my son started watching it with me and even caught up and watched a marathon of last season (he now can even sing the theme song)…but last night, even my husband watched it and…he laughed out loud. It is funny and Joan is hilarious.  Of course there was a lot of what I would call “scripted” stuff last night…only Joan Rivers could lose Cooper backstage at “Priscilla Queen of the Desert” and then within what seemed like 24 hours, get him an agent and an audition to star in the show…love ya Joan, but I don’t think that was “real”.  They also conveniently bumped into Sharon Gless at Serendipity (best frozen hot chocolate ever).  Sharon was sportin some beautiful silver hair and also thought that Cooper should be a model.  If you have never seen Joan’s apartment, it is amazing.  Not my taste at all, but it was once a ballroom so it has 20 foot ceilings and her bedroom is in what had been the orchestra pit.  It is for sale if you are interested, but I have no idea at all how much it’s going for…anyone know?

I love award shows, so it would be fine with me if the award show season never ended…I am pretty sure I’m getting my wish…yesterday I reminded you about the TV LAND AWARDS in April and I don’t know where I was last year when the Comedy Central COMEDY AWARDS debuted, but I definitely won’t miss it this year.  Nominations were announced yesterday. MODERN FAMILY, Bridesmaids, (I think I am the only person on earth that hated this movie) 30 ROCK, (CFF) Crazy, Stupid, Love and Louis C.K. lead the way with the most nominations.  The show will premiere on COMEDY CENTRAL on Sunday, May 6, 2012.

-Remember when Ashton Kutscher was trying to get to 1MM Twitter followers first and then 10 million?  Well that seems like chump change now…Lady Gaga just broke the record for most followers with 20 million…closest competitor…Justin Bieber with 18 million.
-All you JUSTIFIED fans, in case you haven’t heard…the show was renewed for another season…good for you guys.
-I don’t watch COMMUNITY, and I am not sure why…I started watching it when it first premiered, and then something must have taken its place, but I know a lot of you guys do watch it, so for those that do, I’m sure you know that it is back next week. Prior to its premiere next Thursday, NBC and Hulu are releasing three animated shorts featuring characters from the show. The shorts will be available on Hulu, Hulu Plus and NBC.com. 

-Some FORRESTER research:
·         112.5 million U.S. adults will own a tablet in 2016,
·         This represents 34.3% of all U.S. adults.
·         It is assumed that product replacement occurs every 2 years which means…
·         Consumers will buy a cumulative total of 292.5 million tablets from 2010 to 2016.
·         43% of the 55 million iPads Apple sold through the end of its last fiscal quarter were purchased by U.S. consumers.
·         Tablets are becoming important for workers, with 37% of U.S. tablet owners indicating they take their tablet to work

-FYI I have never heard of pageset.com…
Wednesday’s EASY SPIN-OFF Trivia Question: What show spun-off from FRIENDS?
If you want the hard one, it is available on the blog.

Wednesday's HARD SPIN-OFF Trivia Question: Name the 4 shows that spun off from ALL IN THE FAMILY

NOTE: The WWTM blog is available earlier than the email…just sayin


No comments:

Post a Comment