Thursday, April 5, 2012

This is WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH with a Hangover

My apologies for the late post, this is what happens when you party too much and too late on a “school” night…

For all of you crazy trivia competitors, the blog is usually live at least 15 minutes prior to the email blast, if you are interested in getting the questions, reviews and industry info early…subscribe to the blog!


The answer to Wednesday’s Trivia Question: Tom Seaver has pitched more Opening Days than any other pitcher
FIRST FIVES: Francesca Sullivan, Jim Wall, Mike Pierro, Andrew Kandel & Neil Moffatt

The answer to Wednesday’s Blog Trivia Question: President Taft was the first sitting President to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day
FIRST FIVES: Nobody got this one

Tuesday’s Broadcast Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 3.2/8.3
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 2.7/15.4
NEW GIRL-FOX 2.3/4.5
BODY OF PROOF-ABC 2.0/10.7
BIGGEST LOSER-NBC 2.0/6.2

Tuesday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 142,801
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 68,811
RINGER (KF)-CW 28,181
NEW GIRL-FOX 28,001
90210-CW 21,542

Tuesday’s Cable Top 5
TOSH.O 1.6/2.6
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.4/3.3
NCAA-ESPN 1.2/4.2
DANCE MOMS-Lifetime 1.1/2.6
THE GAME-BET 1.1/2.0

Tuesday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
DANCE MOMS-Lifetime 83,160
TOSH.O-Comedy Central 56,775
DANCE MOMS MIAMI-Lifetime 47,049
16 & PREGNANT-MTV 28,166
JUSTIFIED-FX 17,847

-Last night was probably one of my favorite nights of the year…the BRAVO upfront party!  It’s like my Superbowl…There were 50 “Bravolebrities” all in one room hanging out, taking pictures, eating and talking…WITH ME!  If all of that wasn’t enough, Andy Cohen taped WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE right smack in the middle of the party and I had a ring side seat for it all…Pretty major hangover this morning but it was worth it…I’ll try to get all of the photos to the blog at some point this morning…

-Since I was out last night with Caroline, Jaqueline, Melissa & Joe and all of the other REAL HOUSEWIVES, I didn’t get to watch any TV at all last night, so no witty, clever reviews on SURVIVOR, ONE TREE HILL (I know, I know it was the series finale…I will watch tonight) or RINGER…I have my work cut out for me before I leave on vacation tomorrow at 4pm. 

-I can’t believe it’s FOX’s 25th anniversary…I remember when the network first launched…I was a brand new baby buyer at DMB&B then…FOX is celebrating with of course…an anniversary special on April 22nd that will feature some great cast reunions like THAT 70’S SHOW, IN LIVING COLOR and 90210…can’t wait to see if Shannen Doherty shows up and if she will look less homeless than she did on WWHL the other night.

-The PEABODY AWARDS were announced yesterday…I always read and hear about them, but I never really knew anything about them…until now.  First presented in 1941, the George Foster Peabody Awards recognize distinguished achievement and meritorious service by broadcasters, cable and Webcasters, producing organizations, and individuals. The awards program is administered by the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia. Selection is made each spring by the Peabody Board, a 16-member panel of distinguished academics, television critics, industry practitioners and experts in culture and the arts.  This year, awards went mainly to a lot of news organizations but here are the ones I actually heard of :

·         TED.com (If you haven’t checked out this App…pretty cool lectures from all over the world)

·         NPR (I am not a listener, but so many of you are and from what I hear I should be a listener)

·         THE COLBERT REPORT

·         HOMELAND (If you didn’t watch Season 1…you need to get on it before Season 2)

·         PORTLANDIA (I have this in my To Do List)

·         GAME OF THRONES (One of my current faves)

·         PARKS & REC (Another one of my current faves)

Congrats to all of the winners…pretty prestigious stuff.

-A few stars across CBS will participate in a week-long social media initiative, “CBS Shoot & Share Week,” April 9-15. Participating stars will shoot a variety of exclusive 15-second videos, engaging with, answering and posing questions to fans on cbs.com/ShootandShare via the Tout app (never heard of that one). The videos also will be instantly shared over the Network’s Facebook, Twitter and Google+ accounts. Each day during the week beginning at 10:00 AM/PT, fans can log onto the respective show’s social media pages to see unique videos posted periodically throughout the day from a star of a program airing in Primetime that night. Fans can, in turn, respond to the talent’s questions with their own Tout videos, or interact using their own preferred social media account.  Very curious to see the response rates to this one…the participating stars are: Billy Gardell from MIKE & MOLLY, Michael Weatherly  from NCIS, Joe Mantegna from CRIMINAL MINDS, Kunal Nayyar from THE BIG BANG THEORY, and Josh Charles from THE GOOD WIFE.

-Tribune and Direct TV worked out their “issues” and everyone should be back up and running now…For anyone that didn’t get to see ONE TREE HILL’s series finale because of the outage, no worries I will review it tomorrow…promise!

-My son asked me to promise him that I would put this interesting fact on my blog…a promise is a promise:
In every year that Kentucky has won the NCAA championship since 1949, the NY Yankees have won the World Series…needless to say, he is a Yankee fan.

Thursday’s Trivia Question: With Major League baseball now officially underway, suggestion came in to try some Golf trivia since the Master’s tournament starts today.  Since I know less about Golf than I do about pretty much anything, I had some help here…Thanks to Eric Schwartz for today’s questions:  First, the easy one:  Jack Nicklaus has won the Masters a record 6 times.  Who holds the record for most Masters appearances?

Thursday’s Blog Only Hard Master’s Trivia Question: How many players have won more than one Green Jacket?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment