Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SMASH, KELLY & DAVE 4/4/12

All-For all of you crazy trivia competitors, the blog is usually live at least 15 minutes prior to the email blast, if you are interested in getting the questions, reviews and industry info early…subscribe to the blog and get it early!


The answer to Tuesday’s Trivia Question Jackie Robinson broke the MLB color barrier on Opening Day 1947
FIRST FIVES Soren Tanis, Mike Pierro, Shawn Chekmayan, Neil Strahl, & Bobby Aguilera

The answer to Tuesday’s Blog Trivia Question: Bob Feller threw the first no-hitter on Opening Day
FIRST TWO: Vincent Mondano & Bobby Aguilera

Sunday’s Cable Top 5
GAME OF THRONES (KF)-HBO 2.0/3.8
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA-Bravo 1.1/2.0
AX MEN-History 1.0/2.4
MAD MEN-AMC 1.0/2.9
NCAA-ESPN .9/3.7

Monday’s Broadcast Top 5
NCAA CHAMPTIONSHIP-CBS 7.0/19.3
PRELUDE TO A CHAMPIONSHIP-CBS 4.4/13.1
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 4.1/10.6
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 2.8/16.5
TWO & A HALF MEN-CBS 2.6/8.5

Monday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP-CBS 1,168,407
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 224,603
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 101,231
GOSSIP GIRL-CW 60,209
BONES-FOX 56,422

Monday’s Cable Top 5
WWE-USA 2.0/4.9
WWE HALL OF FAME-USA 1.0/2.6
BASKETBALL WIVES-1.0/1.7
LA LA’S FULL COURT LIFE 2-VH1 1.0/1.7
SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER-ABC Family .8/1.5

Monday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE-USA 343,333
BAD GIRLS CLUB-Oxygen 220,654
BASKETBALL WIVES-VH1 92,931
WWE HALL OF FAME SPECIAL-USA 47,072
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER-ABC Family 28,637

-LIVE WITH KELLY is still in Banff Alberta Canada this week, yesterday’s co-host was THE BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE host, Chris Harrison.  I don’t really know him since one of my viewing rules is – no dating shows- but he was really good with Kelly.  Very comfortable and funny and they did look good together…interesting…a new candidate this late in the game…I wonder if Strahan is nervous? Kelly’s dress could have been a winner but there was something going on with the sleeves…they didn’t really match one another…I don’t know.  It’s never really perfect…

-I wasn’t planning on watching Shannen Doherty’s new reality show on WE, because quite frankly…not a fan, but after seeing what a train wreck she was on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE on Monday night, the season pass has been set.  It’s not her really it’s her looks.  I think I am still in shock about how bad she looks.  Really old and really wrinkly and she is in need of some major dental work and she put on a ton of weight.  She definitely still seems live up to her b*tchiness reputation too…I don’t know if I will stick with it, but definitely plan now on checking it out.  On a side note…I think a lot of people became obsessed with Christina Aguilera’s sparkly saucer hat on THE VOICE,  including Andy Cohen and on Monday’s show…Christina sent him the saucer…no idea if it’s THE ACTUAL saucer, but she did call in and say it was.  Sooooo jealous! 

-Caught up on SMASH from Monday night.  Tom found out his boyfriend is a republican which at first freaks him out and he proclaims it’s a dealbreaker, but I don’t think so…Julia’s husband not only found out about her recent slip up, but the past “thing” also and he is so done with her.  Hope that storyline goes away.  What was good was Ivy’s drinking, drugging and screwing up onstage.  Of course goody goody Karen happens to be at the theatre under the ridiculous pretense that she is returning Ivy’s sunglasses…she sees Ivy fall and stays with her for the rest of the night.  They drink, get drunker and sing a perfect rendition of “ I’ll Drink to That” right in the middle of Times Square and then go right back to being soooo drunk.  American Eagle Outfitters got quite a position during that number…pretty sure that billboard is still live.

-Over on THE VOICE, the right 4 people got eliminated this week.  My 3 faves are all still standing which is good news for me.  CeeLo was wearing a crazy red studded outfit and Christina did look very pretty in her cantaloupe dress with her cantaloupes filling it out quite nicely…guess the dress comes with some support built in for those things.

-Not a big Broadway person, but Neil Patrick Harris will be back hosting THE TONY AWARDS in June…I think I said last year that his hosting could actually get me to tune in, and then I didn’t follow through.  Pretty sure the same thing will happen again this year especially with Sunday’s now having the strongest schedule of the week for me.

-CBS renewed LETTERMAN AND CRAIG FERGUSON through 2014.  In addition to that good news, Dave also got the first interview with Keith Olbermann since his firing(?) over at Current TV.  That interview airs tonight.

-76% of respondents of a recent TVGuide.com survey said their main motivation for social activity (posting, status updates, check-ins and comments) is to keep their favorite show on the air. That number is up from 66% of respondents who indicated the same in 2011. The study also found that 95% of those who participate in social TV activities do so after watching a show, up from 68% in 2011. In comparison, 40% participate during a show (up from 33%) and 53% before the show airs (up from 52%). I know I am doing it more and more…it’s fun and you know producers and network execs are reviewing it all too.  Keep it up audiences.

- I love…LOVE…GAME OF THRONES, and I think like me, a lot of people watched it either On-Demand or bought or rented the DVD’s in between last season and this season…the season two premiere of GAME OF THRONES on HBO posted series high ratings on Sunday with 3.9 million total viewers, up +74% from its first season debut last year.  Combining all three Sunday airings, Game of Thrones brought in 6.3 million total viewers for the night. 

-Jack Wagner, aka Frisco Jones was kicked of DANCING WITH THE STARS last night.  If I was watching I would have been rooting for him, so now I am happy that it too goes against my viewing rules and I haven’t invested a minute it watching it.

-Tonight is the final episode of ONE TREE HILL…I hope I get to it tonight as I am out at the Bravo upfront party tonight, but I wanted to remind all of you former and current loyal viewers (that actually isn’t me since I gave it up when Lucas and Peyton left and came back this season) to tune in to the 2 hour finale.

Wednesday’s Trivia Question: Which Mets Hall of Fame pitcher has started the most openers?

Wednesday’s Blog Only Trivia Question: Who was the first sitting President to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment