Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Week in Review...aka...the LONGGGGGEST post ever! 4/15/12

Shockingly enough, I didn't go through any major withdrawal symptoms this past week while on vacation with my family.  We did have a TV in our room at THE HARD ROCK HOTEL, but to be honest, we barely watched anything other than SPORTSCENTER and DON'T TRUST THE B IN APARTMENT 23. (the jury is still out...need another week to make a final decision..best part was James Van Der Beek and all the Dawson's Creek references).   When I came home Saturday after unpacking, doing laundry, bills, paperwork, food shopping and one little league game ( we won 26-8), I sat down and power watched as much as I could from last week...there is just way to much to cover, so please excuse the lengthy post, it's hard for me to be brief, and I have a lot to get out of my brain, so read at your leisure, complain if you want...It's been a week people...for your convenience, I have divided the recap in to 4 parts with no real theme at all...

PART ONE:

-LIVE WITH KELLY was finally live again and on Monday the new set was finally revealed. It is really nice, I gotta admit it...it looks to me like all of it was done via ONE KINGS LANE plus a little POTTERY BARN and a dash of RESTORATION HARDWARE...For some reason they had live DJ's all week and Kelly and her various co-hosts danced a la ELLEN each morning as they walked out onto the set...I found this entire thing strange...the featured DJ's of the day weren't truly featured with the exception of Monday with Samantha " I used to date Lindsay Lohan" Ronson who was really nasty looking and did all sorts of weird things with her tongue during the show...I'm guessing that she didn't feel she could trust her alarm clock to get her to Lincoln Center on time, so she stayed up doing blow all night instead of sleeping.  Here is a quick week in review:

Monday: co-host Howie Mandel, loved the coral color of Kelly's dress, but again-weird flaps and an odd boob look.  Kelly's hair was awesome, LA Reid was a guest.  While he was beautifully dressed as always, for some reason he wasn't wearing any socks with his million dollar suit which became my obsession for the rest of show.
Tuesday: co-host Howie Mandel...again.  Guest DJ and guest...Pauly D...ewww.  Kelly's dress had that horrible "dart" problem which made her nips look just plain bizarro...don't they check this stuff???
Wednesday: co-host Carson Kressley.  Loved loved loved Kelly's black and white blouse
Thursday: co-host Joel McHale. Kelly's outfit again, very good.  That's 2 days in a row that I approve, that could be a record
Friday: co-host...Joel McHale...again.  Kelly wore a great red dress...3 in a row, great way to end the week.

NOTE: The ugly necklace did not appear at all.

-On last week's BETHENNY EVER AFTER, the big news other than learning that there is apparently a place in NYC where you can have cocktails WHILE getting your hair blown out is that Julie, Bethenny's nervous but loyal and amazing assistant is leaving to go back home to Pittsburgh.  Of course Bethenny initially was fine and then broke down during therapy.

-One of the best episodes ever of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER last week.  Apparently, Ted and Marshall watch the Star Wars trilogy every 3 years, and reflect back and predict forward. So they started in 2000 and went all the way through their predictions and real life realities through 2015.  Truly brilliant episode and what did we learn...in 2015 Ted has a baby daughter, which means he better get busy if he is going to meet the Mom, get married and have a baby by 2015.  Oh the farting part of the episode had both my son and I rolling...everyone loves a fart storyline...c'mon admit it...you do too!

-I was a huge fan of PARTY OF FIVE back in the day, and have since been intrigued by Jennifer Love Hewitt and her inability to lock down a dude after all these years...I have this theory that she is using THE CLIENT LIST as a duel opportunity...one to obviously get work, but two, to change her image...the problem is...the posters for her new show are EXTREMELY misleading...I should have known better...Lifetime, is always going to be...well... Lifetime, so THE CLIENT LIST just isn't what I wanted it to be, especially after reading all three 50 Shades books...I had a feeling I would be baited and switched and I was.  JLH and Lifetime found a squeaky clean way to make a show about giving "happy endings" with hot topless guys...boring...the scenes for next weeks episode make it look like something juicy is going to happen, but I am betting it is again...a bait and switch scenerio and while I know I don't have any time in my already insane TV watching schedule...I feel the need to insure that my theory is correct...so I will give it one more shot...it's the JLH thing...I don't know what it is and I know that Adam Levine doesn't want to take a shot (it is probably too soon and JLH doesn't want anyone on the rebound with her track record) but I guess I will...oyyyyy...I know this is a mistake.

PART TWO:

-SURVIVOR got me this week...I really wasn't sure at all where tribal council was going...I mean I sort of had an idea, but thought, nahhhh, and then...Jay was blindsided and gone...I tell ya, Kim is GOOD...really good!  Troyzan though...he's smart too...he could turn this thing around on Kim if she isn't careful...oh and honestly...I really don't need to see Tarzan (not to be confused with Troyzan) in bikini underwear...why did he pack those for the show??? He's a smart guy...a doctor...bikini underwear for SURVIVOR???  Haven't you been watching dude?

-NURSE JACKIE is back and lots of changes in store...a lot was accomplished in the first 28 minutes of the season...Jackie went to rehab with longer hair than last season, but before she did, she picked up Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong at church, and partied with him until he died, then she called Lenny and Zoey with a cockamamy (is that how you spell it?) story as to how the body got in her house...of course they fell for it.  New hospital big cheese, Mike Cruz (Bobby Carnavle) came in and demoted Akilitis back to a nurse if she wants to retire with full benefits,  O'hara is pregnant and I am not sure who the father is (could it be Dr. Cooper? That would be an awesome twist...) and the best scene of the night...as Jackie's daughters are playing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii with their headphones on, Eddie shows up, tells Kevin about him and Jackie and then gets a butt whooping before the girls ever notice a thing...28 minutes, I swear!

Holy cow...I didn't know that Ice was a grandpa?  Last week on ICE LOVES COCO, Ice, Coco, Ice's daughter LeTesha, son Little Ice and grandson...yep...grandson, Elysha, all met up in Pheonix to celebrate Little Ice's birthday and to become Godparents to Coco's sister's kids.  What I liked about the entire situation was that Ice and Coco really talked about what being godparents meant and really discussed how it would impact them if they had to deal with it...I also loved seeing Ice with his family.  Every week, he impresses me more and more...

-James Lipton made a guest appearance on SUBURGATORY and Jeremy Sisto and Dallas were supercute laying in bed together...but we know that sexual tension will be ongoing for awhile, especially because Alicia Silverstone is set to arrive in Chatswin shortly as George's love interest for a few episodes...Cher and Elton will finally get to kiss yeah!

PART THREE:

-As a devoted BEVERLY HILLS 90210er (the only real 90210) , I had to check out SHANNEN SAYS...I had to do it, especially after seeing Shannen on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE...verdict is...no season pass for me...Brenda was never my favorite West Beverly grad...and Shannen is just difficult in every way...difficult to look at, difficult to like, and certainly difficult to understand where she got all the money she seems to have...she claims to be a director, but I can't find any of her directing credits on IMDB...however I did see that she will star as Greti in THE WITCHSLAYER GRETI...maybe that paid big bucks???

-GLEE came back from vacation, just as I went on mine...No idea how long Quinn was in the hospital with her spinal injury, but she promises that she will be out of the chair by National's...Ironically enough, she came back in a wheelchair and sang "I'm Still Standing" with Artie...Irony right?  I'm never sure...so correct me if I'm wrong...Irony is a tough one to find examples of so when I find one, I always need to call it out...Nene Leeks was back and Sue was on a tear as usual...Cooper Anderson, Blaine's equally hot brother played by Matt "he could be Christian Gray" Bomer was in town to visit, teach a "master class", make his bro feel like crap  and sing a great Duran Duran duet...Blaine felt annoyed by his bro, that he had to let it all out with not just one song but two..."Stronger" which was delightfully performed shirtless in the shower...and then "Somebody that I Used to Know".  The more Blaine the better as far as I'm concerned.

-I forgot that Grayson now has a kid on COUGARTOWN...totally a jump the shark thing that I am hoping will somehow self correct itself before the season finale, other than that The 70's game SIMON had a starring role in this week's show, which is the only thing really worth mentioning, and of course sent me to Amazon to see that I could still get one if I wanted to pay 80 bucks (I don't)

-How funny was MODERN FAMILY this week? Everyone was supposed to be campaigning for Claire, but of course nobody did what they set out to do...the funniest though, had to be Mitch and Cam using the loudspeaker to yell double entendre's such as "I can see CLAIRLY now that Dwayne is gone" and "We're here, we're Claire, get used to it". I love that stuff...I also have always wanted to yell at people as I drive by them...of course Mitch and Cam left the speaker on while they were gossiping about Lily's teachers' gay fiance.  Claire lost the election and Haley didn't get into college, but the Dunphy's prevailed anyway as Claire did finally get her stop sign.

PART FOUR:

-2 days of THE VOICE and 2 great outfit changes...Cee Lo seemed to favor red and Xtina was all about the black and white. Monday's outfit was boobilicious but Tuesday's wasn't...liked the very sparkly eyes and both days the hair looked amazing. Adam is obviously in mourning over the loss of his hot russian girlfiend as he can't even seem to change his all black outfit and thinks we won't notice that all he did was add a jacket....I didn't really agree with who America saved at all...James Massone is very cute, but there were quite a few others with way better voices...I need to proclaim that while I too love Adele...I really don't want anyone to sing her songs anymore...I am Adelled out at this point, and it's pretty difficult for anyone to even come close.

-How good was RINGER?  I soooo did not see Olivia and Katherine being lesbian's and working together to kill Sioban/Shivan/Bridget coming AT all!  C'mon, you guys didn't either...The real Sioban/Shivan gave birth to twin daughters and finally Henry is using that brain and checking to see if the girls are really his...hopefully he will get some additional good news in next weeks season finale and be cleared of all the charges for killing Tyler Bennett (even though he did kill him) since the chamber maid OD'ed while Sioban/Shivan was in the closet having contractions...seriously how are they going to end next weeks show?

-I loved the "Cool Hand Soup" idea in RULES OF ENGAGEMENT...as someone new to eating soup (seriously, never ate it until about 6 years ago-no hot liquids at all!!!) I burn my mouth all the time...Timmy's Cool Hand Soup spoon that prevents the blisters on the inside of your mouth from forming due to lack of patience, would truly make a fortune if it was a real item...wait...is it?  I laughed my butt off when Russel/David Spade was cutting the spoon commercial...poor Adhir Kalyan aka Timmy...they threw the nastiest soups all over this guy I can only imagine how many takes it took...wish I could find the video...I can't...thanks a lot CBS.com

-GAME OF THRONES was again, pretty complicated, and while I think I've got it, it's still pretty tough to explain in writing...this is what is easy to discuss...Peter Dinklage rocks, there wasn't enough Queen Kaleesi, incest was pretty popular back in the day, and John Snow better be okay or I won't watch another episode.

-I blew off CELEBRITY APPRENTICE, didn't get to 30 ROCK, SMASH or HART OF DIXIE, but all in all pretty impressive to get a weeks worth of shows done in less than 24 hours.

If you were looking for a trivia question...sorry...this was a lot to get done before Sunday night TV...so hope you all appreciate the recap.

And now...back to our regularly scheduled blog...

WWTM-Kristy









No comments:

Post a Comment