Thursday, May 31, 2012

THESE ARE TOUGH TIMES FOR A TVHOLIC!



The answer to Wednesday's Trivia Question: Andy Cohen and Giuliana Rancic will be co-hosting this years MISS USA pageant.
FIRST TWO: Phyllis DiCesare & Jim Wall


Sunday's Cable Top 5

NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 3.4/7.7
GAME OF THRONES (CFF)-HBO 1.6/3.3
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 1.1/2.5
KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS-E! .9/1.7
MOVIE-USA .8/1.5



Monday's Cable Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-ESPN 4.1/8.9
HATFIELDS & MCCOYS-History 3.7/13.8 YES! 13.8 MILLION VIEWERS
PAWN STARS-History 1.9/5.6
WWE-USA 1.5/3.9
KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS-E! 1.1/2.2

Tuesday's Broadcast Top 5
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF) - 3.7/11.3
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT REPEAT (CFF)-2.0/7.2
NCIS-CBS 1.4/10.0
48 HOURS MYSTERY-CBS 1.4/5.9
20/20-ABC 1.3/6.8

Tuesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 59,573
LA COMPLEX-CW 21,595
COUGAR TOWN (CFF)-ABC 20,843
NCIS-CBS 15,806
NEW GIRL-FOX 14,214

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
NA

Tuesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 239,668
WORKAHOLICS-Comedy Central 205,263
HATFIELDS & MCCOYS-History 119,445
TOSH.O Comedy Central 112,251
DEADLIEST CATCH- Discovery 51,270

-When I'm wrong, I admit I'm wrong.  Yesterday, Martin Short was Kelly's co-host on LIVE WITH KELLY and he was really really funny.  Could I see them together forever?  I could...but I wouldn't watch it...but I could see it.  Speaking of Martin Short...did you hear that Kelly's predecessor, Kathie Lee Gifford, also sat with Marty( I can call him that) yesterday on THE TODAY SHOW?  Kathie Lee brought up his amazing marriage and his loving relationship with his wife. The only problem was, Marty's wife passed away of ovarian cancer in 2010.  To his credit, Marty didn't correct Kathie Lee on the air and just went on with the interview. Classy move if you ask me.  Kathie Lee later apologized on air on online.  If you're interested, here's the clip:


 http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/05/kathie-lee-gifford-gives-unprepared-interview-martin-short-video

-There really was NOTHING on last night...nothing, so I checked out the premiere of DOGS IN THE CITY on CBS.  I love dogs, so the show was enjoyable for me.  It's basically a hipper, groovier version of THE DOG WHISPERER, Cesar Milan's show...sort of.  Cool hip city dog whisperer Justin Silver deals with whacko NYC dog owners and their dogs.  Of course it's always more about the owner than the dog, so Justin is a therapist to both.  I love dogs...I have two,  and I love them like crazy, but the owners of 2 of the dogs featured on the show were just insane and obviously were the problem.  Of course in 60 minutes Justin solves all of the owners issues which results in the dogs behaving perfectly.  What they should do is check in on those same owners and dogs in a week or two and really see if everything is fine.  I don't know...I liked it and didn't buy it at the same time.   

-I'm sure I'm not the target audience, but I checked out WORKAHOLICS on Comedy Central and lasted less than 7 minutes.  I couldn't take it...I think the entire episode was about one guy trying to get anyone to take acid with him, but I couldn't deal, so I hit the delete button.  Again...I am so not the target audience, not sure what I was thinking...desperation calls for desperate measures...BIG BROTHER can't get here fast enough!  I'm taking recommendations...send um in!



-Long-form videos (longer than 10 minutes in length) accounted for over half the content consumed in Q1 2012.  
  • This is the first time long-form content has surpassed short-form content across its "global video footprint
  • This means people are spending more time than ever watching full-length TV shows, feature films, and sporting events. 
  • Overall share of time watched on smartphones increased by 41% in Q1 2012; overall share of time watched on tablets grew by 32%.
  • On an average weekday, a third of tablet video viewing occurs between 7pm and 11pm; in comparison, only 17% of PC video viewing takes place during the same time period.
  • Viewers on connected TVs watch nearly a third more video between 4pm and 11pm on Saturdays than on a typical weekday evening.
  • 10% of a publisher's audience watches more than five of its videos on any given day.
  • Following the release of the latest iPad in March, the amount of video watched on tablets rose 26%; iPads currently account for 95% of tablet video viewing. 
-43% of smartphone owners in March 2012 conducted a search on their mobile device in response to a TV ad.  In addition, 40% of smartphone owners in the same month searched in response to seeing ads in stores. The top places respondents researched products via their smartphones were the home (58%), on the go (43%), and inside a store (31%).

-Keep in mind that this chart refers to radio stations and NOT online streaming services like Pandora, Spotify, etc.
Frequency of Accessing Their Radio Station* Using a Mobile Application According to Radio Listeners in North America, by Demographic, Feb 2012 (% of respondents)



Thursday's Trivia Question: Gotta be honest, I know nothing about Hockey, but a lot of you are asking for Stanley Cup Trivia...so thanks to James Gabriele again...here we go:

What ex Edmonton Oiler  has won 6 stanley cups?

WWTM-Kristy

1 comment: