Monday, June 11, 2012

Give me Little People over crazy Vampires any day!

-The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: TRUE BLOOD takes place in the town of Bon Temps, Louisiana
FIRST FIVES: Jim Wall, Bobby Aguilera, Sean Peters, Lisa McCusker & Allison Accarino

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 2.1/8.1
2 BROKE GIRLS-CBS 1.7/6.2
THE CHOICE-FOX 1.7/4.2
PERSON OF INTEREST- CBS 1.5/6.9
THE MENTALIST-CBS 1.5/6.6

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 55,671
TAKE ME OUT-FOX 47,702
DUETS-ABC 39,059
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (KF)-CW 32,915
THE CHOICE-FOX 28,491

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-ESPN 4.8/11.0
SWAMP PEOPLE-History 1.4/3.8
MOUNTAIN MEN-History 1.2/3.4
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.1/2.6
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim-.9/2.1

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-ESPN 953,384
PUNK'D-MTV 40,444
SWAMP PEOPLE-History 34,572
THE PAULY D PROJECT-MTV 24,018
LA HAIR-WE 19,737

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
DATELINE-NBC 5.1
SHARK TANK-ABC 1.0/4.2
PRIMETIME-ABC 1.0/3.6
UNDERCOVER BOSS-.8/4.5
BONES-FOX .8/2.3

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUPERNATURAL-CW 19,055
FUTBOL-Univision 15,768
HOUSE-FOX 14,660
DATELINE NBC-11,595
NIKITA-CW 10,668

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE-Syfy 56,509
PHINEAS & FERB-Disney  16,840
(There were only 2 primetime shows in the top 10)

-On Sunday night, I didn't watch THE TONY's...I'm not a huge theatre person, and even though I love NPH, I just couldn't do it.  I am a little people person, so when I saw that there was a LITTLE PEOPLE IN A BIG WORLD special on TLC, I was so there.  I love these specials where I can check in on my favorite little people family, The Roloff's.  In this episode, it was Amy's 50th birthday so Matt, her husband who she is so mean too all the time, planned (I'm sure with the help of the TLC producers) an awesome road trip with great stops along the way.  First she spent a day running a B&B which I find hilarious considering what a mess her own house is all the time.  Then she did some improve, went hangliding, worked with a professional chef and then a little fried meat on the beach...back at home, the Roloff's dog Rocky was missing. If that was me, I would have turned back around and gone home to search for my dog, but Amy and Matt let the kids figure it out.  After 2-3 days of the dog missing, they finally decide to look and of course the dog appears at the house as soon as the kids put the signs up around the neighborhood.  I love these little check in's on my favorite little family.  Until next time Roloff's.

-Next up was the TRUE BLOOD season premiere.  I had given up this show after the season with the meat lady, so I think I missed 1 or 2 seasons.  So many of you really wanted me to get back into it and you told me it wasn't as weird or dark anymore...are you kidding me?  It was just as weird, just as dark and just too much for me.  Sure there's a lot of topless (and sort of bottomless) stuff going on, but there is way to much crazy as well.  If you remember, this show started out where the vampires just wanted to live among the people, go to bars and drink True Blood...and of course none of that is even going on anymore.  I yearn for the good old days, the simpler times etc.  Now everyone is either a witch, a vampire, or a werewolf and there aren't really any humans anymore...done.  Sorry guys...I tried.

- I didn't get to see last night's REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ, but I bet I can just guess and get it right...Joe Giudice was disgusting and made a ton of inappropriate comments before, during and after Jaime and Rich's wedding.  Theresa said a whole bunch of stupid comments, Caroline got annoyed but still took the high road.  Back in NJ, Kathy and Richie and their family and Melissa and Joe and their family all hung out and talked about Theresa and Joe....am I right?  C'mon, I gotta be close.

On Saturday night's episode of TANKED, my BFF's Brett and Wayde built a really cool tank for the Petco headquarters, but that was nothing compared to the awesome tank they built for the KISS Monster Mini Golf in Las Vegas...Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley and the guys pretending to be Peter Criss and Ace Frehley all showed up for the big reveal.  The funniest part of the show was when "The General" (Brett's dad) lost a bet and had to dress up in the Demon outfit.  If you knew the "The General" you'd know it was hilarious.   On a side note, did anyone see this week's Entertainment Weekly magazine?  I'm not saying that this blog has any influence, but the TANKED guys got an entire story and a photo of the Tracy Morgan shark tank that Brett and Wayde built before they stopped by my house a few weeks ago...coincidence?  Whether it is or isn't, I'm taking all the credit.

-Friday night was the season finale of JENNY GARTH: A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY.  The show ends with Jenny going on her publicity tour for the show and dealing with everyone finding out that she is getting divorced.  Jenny ended up leaving in the middle of her tour and going back home to the farm and to the girls.  There is still so much pain and sadness in Jenny, damn you Peter Facinelli for doing this to her.  No idea if the show will be back for another season, I liked it though and hope it does.  Maybe by next season Jenny will be dating some hot dude who works on the farm and doesn't wear a shirt...I hear ratings!!!

 - Andy Samberg was Kelly's co-host on LIVE WITH KELLY on Friday.  Kelly wore a cute red print and Andy wore a plaid bow-tie thing that was odd.  Andy did pretty well, but again, I doubt he's a real contender as he's another SNL guy leaving for a big movie career. The big news is that Kelly is holding a co-host contest, so anyone can compete for a spot to sit next Kelly for an entire show...I'm SO throwing my hat in the ring...that way, I can talk to Kelly's stylist and straighten her out!

-Speaking of guys without shirts...Joey Lawrence currently starring in MELISSA AND JOEY, hosted a night in Vegas with the Chippendales dancers...this guy doesn't seem to want (or need) to wear a shirt...ever!  For the record, Joey is 36 years old and has never given birth...hence the insane 6 pack abs.

-I think Jimmy Fallon is just trying to torture me...he knows I want to be his BFF, and he knows I want him to sleep over and now, I think someone has told him about my CALL ME MAYBE obsession and he went and did this...just for me!  Thanks so much Jimmy...I totally could have helped out on this one.  If you'd have slept over, we could have worked on the arrangement together!  I play a mean triangle!!!

-According to this chart 20% of the people are lying.

-Some great info from comScore's new tablet report:
  • In the US, roughly 25% of smartphone owners used a tablet during the three-month average period ending in April 2012.
  • Tablet users are nearly three times more likely than smartphone users to watch video on their device. 
  • Only 10.4% of feature phone owners used a tablet during  this period, which when combined with the aforementioned smartphone numbers, suggests that smartphone ownership is highly predictive of tablet adoption in the current market.
  • Tablet and smartphone owners resembled each other in terms of gender composition. In terms of age, smartphone owners skewed younger while tablet owners skewed to the older ages. 
  • Compared to smartphone owners, tablet users were 28% more likely to be 65 and older and 27% less likely to be between 18 and 24. The 25-44 demographic still dominated across both devices. 
  • 53% of tablet owners watched a video on the device at least once per month during the three-month period, compared to 20% of smartphone owners
  • 18.9% of tablet owners watched a video at least once a week, and 9.5% did so almost every day.
-For all of you that know who Mr. Rogers is, and of course, I do, I never really thought of him as creepy before, but check out this video...it was freaking me out...it would have been worse if I was having some cocktails...

Monday's Trivia Question: Mr. Rogers...Dead or Alive?

WWTM-Kristy


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Fallon video. Nice way to start the week! I miss that little casio. I remember having it and loving it!

    ReplyDelete