Monday, July 9, 2012

A little too much Oprah for me last night...sometimes even I make bad choices


The answer to Friday's Final Tom Cruise Trivia Question: Les Grossman was the cameo character Tom played in Tropic Thunder.
FIRST FIVES: Lance Beitler, Leo Maccourtney, Jim Wall, Sean Peters, & Mike Pierro

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.2/2.4
DALLAS (CFF)-TNT 1.0/3.3
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.0/2.1
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim .7/1.6
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS .6/1.3

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 2.4/8.8
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 2.1/8.1
WIPEOUT-ABC 1.7/5.5
THE CHOICE-FOX 1.6/3.7
PERSON OF INTEREST-CBS 1.5/8.0

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 45,315
TAKE ME OUT-FOX 43,188
WIPEOUT-ABC 38,856
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (KF)-CW 31,021
BREAKING POINTE-CW 29,259

Thursday's Cable Top 5
SWAMP PEOPLE-History-1.4/4.3
ANGER MANAGEMENT-FX 1.3/3.3
MOUNTAIN MEN-History 1.0/3.2
SNOOKI & JWOWW-MTV 1.0/2.0
AMERICAN DAD-1.0/2.6

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
AWKWARD-MTV 48,109
SNOOKI & JWOWW-MTV-45,474
LA HAIR-WE 40,547
LOUIE-FX 29,876
FINAL OFFER-Discovery 27,409

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
20/20-ABC 1.2/5.6
SHARK TANK-ABC 1.1/4.3
UNDERCOVER BOSS-.9/4.4
CSI-CBS .8/4.5
BLUE BLOODS-CBS .6/4.9

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SUPERNATURAL-CW 15,237
DATELINE-NBC 12,759
HOUSE-FOX 10,807
20/20-ABC 9,236
BONES-FOX 6684

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE-Syfy 61,443
WHALE WARS-Animal Planet 39,358
CHASING UFOs-Nat'l Geo 28,671
SAY YES TO THE DRESS-TLC 22,806
FLYING WILD ALASKA-Discovery 16,202

-I spent the weekend helping my husband with a project, finishing season 2 of  BREAKING BAD and seeing the movie "Savages" which starred Taylor Kitsch from FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS and then it was back to the couch on Sunday night.

-First up Sunday night, OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER which I, and so many others rarely watch, but I remembered to come back for the second part of Oprah's interview with LeBron, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.  Just as I walked away feeling better about LeBron last week, I walked away really getting to know a lot more about Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh this week.  Who am I kidding?  I knew NOTHING about either one of them.  Now I know that Dwayne Wade is living with Gabrielle Union and his sister, is raising 3 boys and has full custody of the two that are his sons, and he bought his Mom, a former heroine addict, a church in Chicago.  Chris Bosh, always looks so scary to me, but he was eloquent, and seemed really gentle with his new baby boy and wife...I don't know...whoever their PR people are, did a good job.  I don't hate any of them at all now.  Let's see what happens next time they are in town playing the Knicks though...I could change my mind again.

-OPRAH BUILDS A NETWORK was next.  I think this one was just a special and not a regular weekly show.  It was hard to focus on anything for the first segment of the show because as Oprah was talking about how she brought some of her Harpo people to OWN because she can always count on them to tell her the truth and be honest with her, all I could see was some huge black thing stuck in between her teeth.  So those staff members who supposedly tell Oprah like it is...so let her down...big time.   If I was Oprah...I would have been freaking out during this one.  Oprah did come clean about how much harder building a network is than she thought it would be, and the mistake she made with tweeting her plea to Nielsen homes, and then she lost me. They showed her doing Jimmy Kimmel, and going from car to car to do interviews and press, which honestly...got old fast.   

-I don't know if anyone from Showtime reads my blog, and I am guessing it's purely a coincidence, but Silas Botwin as Christian Gray?  I did suggest that Showtime make 50 Shades of Gray into a weekly show rather than a movie...maybe Hunter Parrish was auditioning?  I don't know, I don't care...and I will admit it...I enjoyed it.  Anyway, Nancy seems to be trying to turn over a new leaf on WEEDS and be a charitable drug dealer.  While she's been in the hospital recovering, she seems to have realized that she really wasn't the greatest person in the world and now she wants everyone in the family to go along with it.  I'm guessing from Nancy's threat to the lollipop pushing clown drug dealer that this change of heart will be short lived.   

-Ernest Borgenine died yesterday at the age of 95.  I got like 10 alerts on my phone, it was all over the news yesterday (and even this morning) and yet I still had to IMDB him in order to remember that he was best known for the show MCHALE'S NAVY and won an Oscar for his role in "Marty".  I actually remember him as the Doorman on THE SINGLE GUY...either way...RIP Ernest.

-Only 3 more days til BIG BROTHER returns...I've been checking online for all BB news, so far all we know is that Evil Dick and Natalie are NOT returning to the game.  Each day on CBS's BIG BROTHER website, two All Stars get eliminated from the pool of contestants. So one of my favorite choices is already off the table. 

-Monday's Trivia Question: This week is law firm week...I'll name the law firm you name the show.  First up...Cage & Fish...name the show

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment