Wednesday, July 18, 2012

RIP Bianca Romijn-Stamos-O'Connell-Ostrosky-Stern



The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question: Seinfeld was close to cancellation after premiering as a mid-season replacement in 1990
FIRST FIVES: Sean Peters, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Andrew Werts, Lance Beitler & Bobby Aguilera

Sunday's Cable Top 5
TRUE BLOOD-HBO 4.6/2.7
BREAKING BAD (KF)-AMC 1.5/2.9
KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS-E! 1.5/2.9
VERY FUNNY NEWS-TBS 1.3/2.4
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ (KF)-Bravo 1.2/2.6

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
MASTERCHEF-FOX 2.6/6.3
HELLS KITCHEN-FOX 2.6/6.2
THE BACHELORETTE-ABC 2.2/
AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR-NBC 1.7/4.4
FEAR FACTOR-NBC 1.5/4.2
 
Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE BACHELORETTE-ABC 97,324
MASTERCHEF-FOX 67,602
FEAR FACTOR-NBC 36,517
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER-CBS 30,878
POR ELLA SOY EVA -Unvision 22,787

Monday's Cable Top 5
WWE-USA 1.7/4.8
LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA-VH1 1.5/2.6
SINGLE LADIES 2-VH1 1.0/1.9
THE CLOSER-TNT 1.0/6.3
LIZARD LICK TOWING-Tru 1.0/2.2

Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA-VH1 562,504
THE BAD GIRLS CLUB-Oxygen 417,197
WWE-USA 240,889
TEEN WOLF-MTV 220,080
DEGRASSI-Teen Wick 56,373 

-Two hours before AMERICA'S GOT TALENT aired last night, I read that Howard Stern's beloved dog Bianca passed away at his home in the Hamptons.  Knowing Howard the way that I do (I've been a loyal listener since 1988), I knew that he had to be devastated , but I also knew he would be at the show.  I wasn't sure what to expect from him, but I knew he'd be there.  I'm betting that anyone that watched the show last night had no idea how devastated he was.  He was the consummate professional, he did his thing and the show went on.  I felt bad though because last night, America really didn't have much talent to offer Howard in his time of need.  While there were a few bright spots, most of the acts fell short.  I am hard pressed to come up with 4 acts that should in fact go to the next round, but I'm betting they are: The light group, the comedienne, the bicycles and maybe the rappers???  

-More info keeps coming in on the BREAKING BAD premiere Sunday night.  As you know, DISH subscribers couldn't watch the show on TV, but AMC did allow fans to stream the show on the internet and over 80,000 people took advantage of the opportunity. As I keep saying to all of the cable companies, satellite companies and networks out there...this is a very slippery slope you are all on.  Consumers are getting smarter and smarter and will find their favorite shows wherever they can...be careful and solve these issues quickly.

-That being said, Viacom is in day 7 of their issues with Direct TV and has changed their tune already with regard to live streaming.  If you've been following this story, then you know that Viacom pulled the plug so to speak on the ability for viewers to stream THE DAILY SHOW and THE COLBERT REPORT a few days ago.  They have since reversed this decision and viewers are able to stream these shows online as of today.


-Pretty sure someone is just taking all the clips from my blog and airing them all in Primetime on NBC...but for anyone who hasn't seen Jimmy Fallon's amazing musical skits, tune in to NBC next Wednesday  at 10pm to watch all of them again! If there isn't anything else on...you might as well.  Hey Jimmy, why don't you come over that night and hang out with me...we can watch the show together and sing along...pretty sure I know all of the words to all of  the songs on the show!  I promise...great snacks!

 
I find it hard to believe that the number 2 ranked brand among women is McDonald's...I really do.  I also find it hard to believe that so many people are still discussing Blackberry's...the rest of these make sense to me...I mean who doesn't love a good Chalupa?


Top 10 Brands Among US Females vs. Males, Ranked by Number of Social Media Comments, H1 2012 (millions)

-No real surprises here at all but interesting nonetheless
Top 10 US TV Shows and Events, Ranked by Number of Social Media Comments, H1 2012 (millions)

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Which one of these shows was NOT a Midseason replacement: JUST SHOOT ME, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, NORTHERN EXPOSURE, GRACE UNDER FIRE.

-Emmy nominations come out tomorrow, so the blog won't be up until after they come out. I will work on getting the 2nd Annual WWTM Emmy Awards contest ballot together as quickly as I can.

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment