Monday, February 11, 2013

Apparently Nobody got CBS's Memo...





The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: Howard Stern's "Fartman" appeared on the MTV VMA's in 1992 with Luke Perry.

FIRST FIVES: He Who Shall Not Be Named, Ed Ziskind, Dan Realson, Jen Ragusa & Monica Caraffa
Honorable Mention: James Gabriele

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 6.1/18.8
Two and a Half Men-CBS 4.1.14.1
American Idol-FOX 4.1/13.1
Person of Interest-CBS 3.2/15.1
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 3.1/8.8

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Scandal-ABC 340,242
The Vampire Diaries-CW 223,595
Glee-FOX 172,540
American Idol-FOX 141,268
Community-NBC 126,823

Thursday's Cable Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.5/3.1
Buckwild-MTV 1.5/2.7
NBA Basketball-TNT 1.1/2.6
Impractical Jokers-Tru 1.0/2.0
Suits-USA 1.0/3.0

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA Basketball-TNT 270,134
Buckwild-MTV 179,815
NBA Basketball-TNT 76,163
Suits-USA 49,248
Project Runway-Lifetime 45,373

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.9/6.1
CSI NY-CBS 1.6/9.4
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.6/7.3
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.5/11.1
Dateline-NBC 1.5/7.0

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 39,303
Touch-FOX 34,187
Blue Bloods-CBS 33,054
CSI NY-CBS 29,809
Nikita-CW 23,100

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA Basketball-ESPN 179,224
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 71,116
NBA Basketball-ESPN 65,696
Spartacus-Starz 18,486
Gold Rush-Discovery 17,397

Grammy's Red Carpet

Let's just start Grammy coverage with this: Nobody got CBS's memo, or if they did, they pretty much ignored it!
  • Loved Ryan Seacrest's suit, pretty sure he was paying homage to my 90201'ers as his hair was very Brandon Walsh/Dylan McKay
  • Giuliana didn't get it right, hated the beige dress and the hair looked like she got out of the shower and did nothing at all to it
  • Theme of the night appeared to be cutouts and cleavage
  • Kelly Osbourne looked amazing even with the lavender hair
  • Ross Matthews was wearing Leonardo DiCaprio's outfit from Catch Me if You Can
  • Justin Timberlake looked better than at the SAGs, but his bow tie was too big and  droopy
  • Mumford & Sons could be the guys from Moonshiners
  • Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifia's woman/baby mama (are they married) looked really pretty even though she is way pregnant and bald
  • "Celebrities" I didn't know: Lupe Fiasco, Al Walser (Astronaut guy), Estelle,  Bonnie McKee, Diplo, Lisa D'mato, Kaskade
  • "Celebrities" I've heard of but if you played me their music I'd have no clue: Janelle Monae, Deadmau5, Nas, Pharell
  • The mani cam pisses me off EXCEPT when the fingers walking the mini carpet are wearing massive diamonds, rubies, emeralds or sapphires
  • I love how Kelly Osbourne says buddy for body
  • UGH Chris Brown gets way too much camera time.
  • So glad I now know which FUN guy is Lena Dunaham's BF.
  • Wow...Carrie Underwood's bling was insane...381 carats...31 million bucks
  • You heard it hear first...well second if you watched the red carpet: Ne-Yo in talks with  X Factor 
  • Are The Lumineers a one hit wonder?  I only know the Hey Ho song.
  • The blond in Little Big Town girls hair STILL drives me nuts.  It's SO flat across the top and SO puffy  everywhere else
  • I had no idea Miranda Lambert was so hilarious, she never really smiles.
  • Trey Songz bow tie had a piercing...never saw that before.
  • NPH and David looking great..
  • Taylor Swift had a bit of a Hansel and Gretel look going actually she'd be Gretel right?
  • J Lo showed a ton of skin but if I read the CBS Memo again, I think she adhered to all their rules and requests
  • Is Florence Welch a stegosaurus? What was with that wacky green dress? 
  • Adele...Oy Adele.  We love the voice so much we'll let you get away with your completely ridiculous outfits.
  • Quest Love needs a special sparkly Afro pick specifically for award shows
  • Adam Levine looking oh so HOT.  I'm convinced that fellow band member, James Valentine would be pretty cute if he would submit himself to a makeover
  • Dave Grohl really seems like his hair is in his way and bothers him and he only won't cut it because he's a rock star.
  • Keith Urban looked like he had JUST got his hair freshly highlighted
  • FloRida's Earring was bigger than his lobe apparently "Ray" the jeweler hooked him up big time.
  • Faith Hill wore braces and was obviously trying to hide them with all that weird lip/mouth movement...suggestion Faith...INVISILINE!!! If teenage girls in Tenafly NJ can wear them, pretty sure you can afford them too!
  • Kaley Cuoco didn't try very hard.  Leggings a T-Shirt and a sparkly jacket? She could have done better no?
  • Every time I see Sting and Trudi I think 2 things: I can't believe they are STILL together and I can't believe how insanely good Sting looks.
  • Kelly Rowland's dress was one of my favorites of the evening
  • Beyonce looked pretty subdued in her black & white dress
  • Robyn Rhianna Fenty looked very pretty but I could totally see her nips, CBS is already thinking about how they could reword the dress code memo for next year
  • Katy Perry said her look was inspired by Priscilla Presley...I don't remember Priscilla Presley having boobs like that, but they inspire me and I'm sure they inspire John Mayer.
  • Taylor Swift's opening was amazing and I admit it...I love the song and will listen to it forever and ever and ever  What a spectacle.  Great way to start the night off. Did you catch her sort of making fun of Harry Styles with that British accent? 
  • LL's a classy guy...loved his monologue.
  • Rhianna's and Chris Brown, AHHHHHHHH.  
  • Ed Sheerhan and Elton John singing "A Team" amazing.  Elton's pretty cool to collaborate on an up and comers tune instead of his own.  I love that guy.
  • Pepsi: Tate Stevens, Beyonce & Hunter Hayes
  • Target: Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake 
  • Bud Light: Justin Timberlake 
  • I want to thank CBS for their idea of a good Valentines Day gift for me from my husband...but I had some other ideas instead
  • J-Lo can really "Strike a Pose" perfectly can't she? 
  • Pop Solo Performance: Adele "Set Fire to the Rain"
  • Fun. LOVE THEM, hate the shoes, love the rain, but was a tiny bit nervous about water and electricity...TV magic?
  • John Mayer and Bonnie Raitt...so happy John's back and speaking. He had a bit of a bow tie issue, but I'm letting him slide
  • I like the Miranda song without Dierks, he looked like he was struggling bit with the song or with the song or something. Miranda did a better job with Dierks's song.  
  • LL on Bandstand...Loved that clip!
  • Miguel and Wiz Khalifa were really cool...I saw Miguel when I went to Jimmy Fallon and he's actually an amazing dancer.
  • Best Country Solo Performance: Carrie Underwood
  • Song of the Year: FUN. We Are Young
  • Johnny Depp couldn't seem to button his sleeves but really...who cares???
  • Moonshiners/Mumford and Sons...I know SO many people love these guys, but I don't and I don't get that everyone does...Sting and Trudi don't get it either. 
  • Why does everyone high 5 Jay-Z when Beyonce walks out on stage? 
  • Justin Timberlake RULES...I mean C'MON.
  • Best Urban Contemporary Album: Frank Ocean.  As long as it's not Chris Brown, I'm happy. 
  • Best Rock Performance: Lonely Boy/The Black Keys. I had no idea they were just 2 people.
  • Maroon 5 and Alicia Keys together again..."Daylight" and "Girl is on Fire" very cool versions. Pretty sure I saw undercurvature which if you read the CBS Memo is against the rules
  • Best Pop Vocal Album: Kelly Clarkson shocked but so happy and adorable and I need to know what she said to John Mayer when she was walking to the podium.
  • Rhianna was good, but I'm just not into her.
  • Rap/Sung Collaboration: No Church in the Wild/Jay-Z/Kanye/Frank Ocean and The Dream
  • Okay so was that scary medicine man playing with the The Black Keys Dr. John? Was he sleeping or channelling some spirits to wake him out of his trance? 
  • Kelly Clarkson sang her butt off...Patti Page and Carole King would be happy with that tribute. 
  • Best Country Album: Zac Brown Band/Uncaged-Zac swapped hats to accept the award. Note to Zac, the beanie's actually better.
  • I loved the Bob Marley tribute: Bruno Mars & Sting...Locked out of Heaven and Walking on the Moon and THEN some Bob Marley?  Pretty sure CBS was having a heart attack with Rhianna's undercurvature during that one.  
  • Did you see Melissa Etheridge with her super long hair during the Lumineers performance? Not a good look for her at all.
  • Edward Scissorhands is all I see when Jack White performs. 
  • Best New Artist: FUN.
  • When the art started appearing on Carrie Underwoods dress, you gotta admit, it looked like ovaries and fallopian tubes from health class and all those pamphlets in the doctors office. C'mon you know I'm right   Pretty cool dress though right? 
  • Prince presenting Record of the Year to Goyte...sorry but that win bums me out.  I hate that song.  Another one I just never got.  For the record...Prince is 54 years old.  He looks pretty damn good, even with the pimp cane.
  • What...Ryan Seacrest is ALSO the honorary chairman of the Grammy foundation...what is that job number 853?
  • Teachers getting acknowledged...yeah!
  • Zac Brown, Alabama Shakes, Elton, Mavis Staples, and even the Mumfords..the tribute to Levon Helms of The Band...too good and then we got the Mavis screw up at the end which I found enjoyable.
  • Juanes did a great job on "Your Song" He could sing the phone book to me...I'd listen  
  • Frank Ocean could lose the headband.
  • Album of the Year: Babel/Mumford & Sons
  • LL closes the show with Travis Barker on drums...gotta be honest...I fell asleep during that performance...sorry LL...you did  a great job hosting but I'm done.
-I woke up in the middle of the night and for some reason watched Girls.  Again, I hate this show.  I mean there's no way that guy would have slept with Hannah, no way anyone's playing naked ping pong, and no way he'd leave her in his million dollar home alone and yes...I'll watch and complain again next week too!

-I finished the entire first season of House of Cards in exactly a week and it was a fun ride. I have mixed feelings about binge viewing a NEW show vs. binge viewing to catch up on an old or existing show.  While there is the instant gratification factor, there is nobody to talk to about the show. Every one's consuming the episodes at a different rate and I have learned my lesson about spoiling an episode or a series for that matter. With that fear in my mind, I found myself going on forums to see what strangers were saying about the show, but somehow that just doesn't feel the same to me as speaking to my friends and to all of you guys about it as we consume an episode together. Interesting to see the affect this type of distribution has on series television as a whole. I will say that overall, I did really like the show. Is it the best thing ever? No. It's good, there's some stuff that's a little far fetched, but I don't know if I would have noticed as much if I wasn't consuming it the way I did.  Either way, its interesting to see how this all unfolds.  Netflix is holding the viewing data close to the vest which is another reason they piss me off. This show suckered me back to them, now lets see if they keep me.  Verdicts still out.

-All caught up on Nashville and thank goodness I did...WOW!  SPOILER ALERT: Teddy cheated first?  Didn't really see that coming, but Mrs. Brad Paisley knows what Teddy needs more than Rayna does I guess. We needed Rayna to dump Teddy anyway...he's a borefest and her other options are way better. Liam and Deacon...either one would be fine by me. Just as I was about to get my wish, Deacon and Rayna finally getting back to business...who shows up to ruin everything? Teddy. OMG what a killbuzz that guy is.  At least he came asking for a divorce but his timing sucked.  Did you guys know that the actress who plays Scarlett, Clare Bowen, is Australian?  You'd never know by her southern accent would you? Every time I watch Nashville I want to break out my cowboy boots and wear them with everything I own.  Jeans, skirts, sweats, PJ's...in Nashville its the norm, but in NYC, Basking Ridge and Tenafly NJ where I live...I can only imagine the looks I'd get.  I still really want to do it anyway.

I admit it, I did watch Justin Bieber on SNL. I didn't stay awake for it, I watched it on Sunday AM, which is what I bet most of his core audience probably did as well.  Beliebers go to bed early.  Ratings wise, he didn't do that well, down 4% vs. Adam Levine's numbers.  Performance wise, I'd say he did okay. There was really only one skit that had me laughing out loud though.  The protective brother skit.  Mainly because Justin was doing everything in his power to hold back his own laughter.  If you didn't see it, here's the clip:

NEWS & INFORMATION

-That was fast...Do No Harm's cancelled.  It only aired twice, but it apparently did enough harm and is DOA.  Still like to understand how that happens.  It gets the greenlight as a pilot, then it gets picked up and scheduled and then makes it onto primetime television and then just like that...it's dead.  I don't do medical, so I didn't even check it out, but I did hear it wasn't good at all.  How does that happen?  

-Lots going on over at Up All Night, the show isn't being cancelled but a complete overall is in the works. First and foremost, Christina Applegate is leaving the show, not sure why, but they are talking about Lisa Kudrow replacing her.  Not sure if they are pulling a Darren Stevens or an Aunt Viv or if she'll just be a new wife or something.  They are also changing the format from single camera to multi-camera and hiring a new showrunner.  I'd just cancel the show if it were me, but who knows why networks do the things they do (see above).
    Monday's Trivia Question: Nothing to do with TV...but I heard that the Pope is resigning. First time since 1450 or something....without looking it up...anyone know his name (His Pope name.) I am coming clean...I had to look this one up.

    WWTM-Kristy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment