Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DOWNTON...a little late, but worth the wait!





The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question:  Vera Bates was Mr. Bates first wife on Downton Abbey.  I thought a lot more of you watched this show...only 5 correct answers...you guys really are missing something great...catch up on it!
FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Allison Shapiro, Monica Caraffa, Crystal Kyler & Rachel Snyder
Honorable Mention: none

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Walking Dead 9-10p AMC-6.1/12.2
Walking Dead 8-9p AMC- 2.6/5.4
Talking Dead AMC-2.2/4.1
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.2/2.7
Ax Men-History 1.1/2.9

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
2 Broke Girls-CBS 3.5/10.7
How I Met Your Mother-CBS 3.2/9.0
Mike & Molly-CBS 2.9/10.3
Rules of Engagement-CBS 2.8/8.3
The Bachelor-ABC 2.7/8.3

Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
The Bachelor-ABC 212,518
How I Met Your Mother-CBS 79,087
The Following-FOX 66,784
Castle-ABC 55,585
Bones-FOX 54,516

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Pawn Stars-History 1.6/4.7
WWE-USA 1.5/4.2
Teen Mom 2-MTV 1.1/1.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9
American Pickers-History .9/3.6

Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 268,154
BET Honors-BET 86,444
NBA Basketball-63,445
NHL Hockey-NBC Sports 44,456
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo 38,805

-I took the opportunity Tuesday night to catch up on as much as I could. (And I'm still not done)  I didn't watch the President (Please...no judging) I did watch my FBFF's spoof on the State of the Union though and of course it was hilarious...you guys HAVE to check it out...seriously:
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2013/02/boehner-gets-emotional-during-state-of-the-union/

-I wish you guys could see the stupid grin I have on my face when I watch shows that I love.  I had that look for every second of Sunday's 2 hour Downton Abbey.  So much happened this week, that I'm not even sure the best way to go about recapping it all.

Let's talk about Thomas first.  Okay he's gay, we got that. O'Brian and her evil tendrills, totally screwed him over by convincing him to make a move on James. I'm surprised Thomas trusted her, and I'm equally surprised that a blonde's was Thomas's type. Slim pickins I guess.  So, he made a move, James freaked out, Alfred saw the whole thing and O'Brian seized the opportunity and convinced James to insist that Thomas not only resign but that he leave without a reference.  What a BEEEATCH!  I could go on and on, but net/net, Lord Grantham, Mrs. Hughes and even Mr. Bates helped Thomas out.  I loved Lord Grantham's handling of the entire situation. Bottomline is that not only does Thomas stay, he got promoted to a job nobody's ever hear of before...underbutler.  I would have missed Thomas if he had gotten the boot,  even though I hated him.  Plus, who would O'Brian torture if Thomas was gone?

How funny was Mr. Mosley?  OMG I was hysterical when he was talking about cricket and  "cherishing the ball".  Loved how we were lead to believe he was a kick ass cricket player and ended up sucking.  Even his  Dad knew his plight.  Poor guy.  Speaking of the cricket match...where did everyone get their cricket apparel?  Did they have Ye Olde Sports Authority in Downton? Everyone matched so well, even the staff.  If everyone's wearing the same outfit, how do you tell the teams apart? Isn't it hard to play cricket in a sweater vest?

Cousin Rose came to Downton and the second she arrived she made a few calls, headed to London and partied like a rock star with a married man.  Of course The Dowager Countess tricked her daughter and found out the scoop about Rose right away and is sending her away from Downton asap. Same goes for Ethel she's leaving Mrs. Crawley and Downton too.  Lady Violet is the master.

Seems like everyone is over Lady Cybils death pretty quickly, no?  They had the christening, the cricket match and got right back to their regular routine of  getting dressed, eating, taking a walk and getting undressed. Exhausting life right?

Branson has decided to stay on at Downton. Help with the new farming plans and raise baby Cybil with her family.  And finally, after both sneaking trips to London to see the same fertility doctor, (back then, I'm sure there was only one) Matthew and Mary can now officially start baby making.  I can't believe next week is the finale.  It went so fast didn't it?

-On Monday nights Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,  Kyle and Lisa hashed out all their differences before Lisa threw the typical, over the top, tea party at her over the top new house that looks like a hotel and has been named and prominently labeled "Villa Rosa".  Taylor arrived with a vibrator as a hostess gift which just seemed weird to me and then, leave it to Brandi to make things weirder when adding butt beads and a threesome to the conversation.  I'm sure it's all for shock value, especially with this bunch of women.  Lisa hired the young hot waiters from Sur, her restaurant and her spin-off, to look hot and work the party.  Camille showed up late and brought a house warming gift and Pandora's wedding gift which according to my calculations is a year late. Couldn't Camille have sent Pandora the gift directly? Hasn't she heard of UPS or Fed Ex? Of course the Adrienne/Brandi lawsuit came up at the party which lead to yet another screaming match and this time it was Brandi who stormed out of the house.   Kim called at the last minute to apologize for not making it as her dog hit her in her new nose...allegedly.  Oh and Yolanda couldn't make it either...she was off feeling bad about not being able to afford a stable of horses for her daughter.  A) I don't believe she can't afford a stable of horses and if she can't...sell some lemons and B) Why does 1 girl need more than 1 horse? Next week...another party and another huge blowout...and that's just a guess.

Ever since Cougar Town moved to TBS, Courtney Cox's outfits have become skimpier and skimpier  Sure she has a nice rack, but there were 3 different times during last nights episode where I thought for sure there'd be a wardrobe malfunction, and fines issued from the FCC.  Anyway, in this "very special" Valentines episode, Grayson got hit in the mouth with a hockey puck which caused Jules to suffer from insomnia and do crazy things in the middle of the night keeping everyone else up.  For Valentines Day, Bobby gave Grayson his "Jules Rules" notebook which came in handy for Grayson until he started feeling guilty about it and returned the book.  I'm sort of getting annoyed with how mean Ellie is to Andy.  I know he gets her, but to run and hide from your man so that you don't have to sleep with him is just plain mean. I know it's "the joke" but I need to see her soft spot every once in a while.  I don't even want to go into the reason Travis and his new girlfriend were hanging from harnesses because it's just creepy.

NEWS & INFORMATION:

-Some cool YouTube facts:
  • 2/05 YouTube launches
  • 4/05 First video is uploaded ("me at the zoo")
  • 10/06 Google buys YouTube for 1.65 billion
  • 6/07 YouTube launches in 9 countries
  • 10/08 1 billion daily views (11,574 video views per second!)
  • 5/10 2 billion daily views (23,148 video views per second!)
  • 5/11 3 billion daily views (34,722 video views per second!)
  • 1/12 4 billion daily views (46,296 video views per second!)
  • 12/12 first video to hit 1 billion views (Gangnam Style by Psy)
  • There are currently 800 million monthly unique visitors (more than the entire population of Europe)
  • 72 hours of video is uploaded every minute (That's equivalent to a decade a day)
  • There are 1 million partner program members
  • YouTube is the #2 search engine and is bigger than Bing/Yahoo/Ask and AOL combined
  • There are 4 billion hours of video viewed each month which is equivalent to 450,000 years.
-Style network renewed its 2 biggest hits, Giuliana & Bill and Tia & Tamera.  I'm so over Giuliana & Bill.  Actually I'm more over Giuliana than I am Bill.  I only see Olive Oyl when I look at Giuliana and she really needs to eat some food.  Sorry...that's how I feel. 

-Mark Balelo one of the auction house owners on Storage Wars died yesterday. He was 40 years old and had been arrested over the weekend for alleged possession of an illegal substance.

-Tonight is another massive night of programming...just a reminder...Survivor is BACK tonight! Fans vs. Favorites.  Wednesday's are a killer now especially already being behind...Code Red Alert still in affect for me.

Wednesday's Trivia Question: On this Valentines Day eve, a Valentines themed question...What were Mr. & Mrs. Hart's first names on Hart to Hart? What was their drivers name?  What was their dog's name?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment