Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Doped up on Benedryl...Real Husbands of Hollywood and Cougar Town were all I saw last night.




The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question: Ray & Debra=Everybody Loves Raymond, Gabrielle & Carlos=Desperate Housewives and Emily & Bob= The Bob Newhart Show
FIRST FIVES:Jim Carter, Ed Ziskind, Bobby Aguilera, Dan Realson & Phyllis DiCesare
Honorable Mention: Evan Schweitzer

Super Secret 5 Point Bonus Question: Goran Visnjic played Luka on ER.  First person to get it right was: He Who Shall Not Be Named

Sunday's Cable Top 5
The Walking Dead-AMC 5.7/11.4
The Bible-History 2.5/10.8
The Talking Dead-AMC 1.8/3.4
Vikings-History 1.3/4.6
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.3/2.7

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Bachelor: After the Final Rose-ABC 3.8/11.0
The Bachelor-ABC 3.3/9.9
The Following-FOX 2.6/7.9
Rules of Engagement-CBS 2.0/6.9
The Biggest Loser-NBC 1.9/5.5

Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
The Bachelor-ABC 472,220
The Bachelor: After the Rose-ABC 191,225
The Following-FOX 62,336
The Biggest Loser-NBC 61,224
Deception-NBC 42,984

Monday's Cable Top 5 
WWE-USA 1.7/4.7
Teen Mom 2-MTV 1.5/2.5
Pawn Stars-History 1.5/5.0
American Pickers-History 1.1/4.3
Lizard Lick Towing-Tru 1.0/2.2

Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 309,819
NBA Basketball-NBA TV 109,396
Dallas-TNT 81,144
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 59,292
Being Human-Syfy 34,951

There really wasn't much on to write about, and I since I have my first head cold in 10 years,  I wasn't able to live up to the title of this blog at all last night. So today will be a mini edition.  

Real Husbands of Hollywood
If you recall, my friend Brett urged me to check this one out.  I owe him for pushing me into the world of Walter White and Breaking Bad, and since there wasn't much of anything on last night, I figured I'd use the opportunity.  Sorry Brett...I tried.  Now granted, I was doped up on cold medicine but I'm pretty sure that with or without the Benedryl,  I'd hate RHOH.  I like everyone in the show, I just didn't like the show.  If I got it right, it's a fake/spoof of the somewhat fake Real Housewives franchise.  I get it...at least I think I do, but it just wasn't that funny at all.  I also felt the need to defend my housewives...the real/fake ones, over on Bravo. So...no season pass award for this one.  

Cougar Town
This weeks episode of Cougar Town was really pretty good.  Jules, played by the queen of Must See TV, Courtney Cox, had never heard of Seinfeld or Must See TV and throughout the entire episode, Seinfeld references were woven into the script and Jules had no clue.  It was really pretty clever, especially when she Yada Yada Yada'ed during therapy.  Why did Jules need therapy?  C'mon you really shouldn't have to ask if you've been watching for a while now.  This weeks topic, "the vault".  If you're not sure what I'm talking about, it's when you tell your husband or BFF a secret...they put it in the vault and it's NEVER supposed to come out, but when Jules showed the crew Grayson in an Alannis Morrisette video she allowed them all into their fault which pissed Grayson off.  Jules wanted a vaultless world, but when the cul d sac crew explained that it would be impossible, she fake friended her therapist hoping to have her confirm that the Jules way was the healthy way.  The head shrinker didn't agree at all took Jules to her therapist after she found out that Jules fake friended her. Also of note, Andy apparently ran for Mayor and forgot that he  won.  Other than Laurie, none of  his pals showed up to see him conduct his first ribbon cutting ceremony and the giant scissors needed to cut said ribbon.  Laurie couldn't keep his disappointment in the vault so they made it up to him and celebrated later.  Oh...INTEGRATION alert...this part of the blog is brought to you by the entire part of Cougar Town that took place at Bobby and Travis's local Target store.  Apparently when you just need to get away on a staycation, your local Target is THE perfect destination. Not sure who wrote last nights episode, but when an integration is done right, it's works and this one would have made the 30 Rock crew proud. In my opinion Tina Fey and team are the best at product placements and integrations.  Well, Bill Lawrence did a great job with this one. Totally reminded me I need to get over to Target this weekend for Easter stuff.  

NEWS & INFORMATION:

-Now that  Bachelor, Sean Lowe (no relation to Rob or Chad that I know of)  got the girl, he's off to get some first dance prep over on Dancing with the Stars.  I guess nobody works anymore huh? This guy is just going to make the reality show rounds and collect a paycheck.  While he's learning the tango, Desiree Hartsock will be trying to find love herself when the next cycle of The Bachelorette premieres.  

Wednesday's Trivia Question: George & Weezy, Gloria & Mike and Crockett & Tubbs.

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment