Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Timmy and Russell finally tie the knot!





The answer to Monday's Trivia Question: During The Office series finale,  Phyllis carried Angela down the aisle to Guns & Roses "Sweet Child O Mine". It was funny!

FIRST FIVE: Heather Doyle, Jim Carter, Stephanie Baxter, James Gabriele, & Priscilla Paez
Honorable Mention: Bobby Aguilera

Friday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.8
Law & Order SVU-USA .6/2.2
Sons of Guns-Discovery .6/1.3
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy .6/2.4
Law & Order SVU -USA .6/2.2

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Billboard Music Awards-ABC 3.6/9.4
Family Guy-FOX 2.6/5.2
Family Guy Season Finale-FOX 2.5/5.1
The Simpsons-Season Finale-FOX 2.1/4.3
America's Funniest Home Videos-Season Finale 1.8/9.8

Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Billboard Music Awards-ABC 4,776,397
ACM Presents: Tim McGraw-CBS 116,352
The Simpsons-FOX 89,404
Nuestra Belleza Latina-Univision 67,724
Family Guy-FOX 41,610

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 166,201
MLB-ESPN 89,220
Mad Men-AMC 77,237
North America-Discovery 53,194
Married to Jonas-E! 28,235

Top 5 DVR'ed Shows for the week of 4/29/13-5/5/13
The Big Bang Theory-CBS From a 4.9 to a 7.2 (+47%)
Modern Family-ABC From a 3.6 to a 5.8 (61%)
Grey's Anatomy-ABC From a 3.0 to a 4.5 (50%)
Revolution-NBC From a 1.8 to a 3.3 (+83%)
The Following-FOX From a 2.7 to a 4.1 (+52%)

The Voice
Last night on The Voice, Carson's hair was extremely Herman Munster like. I don't understand what's going on with him. Is it the the water? New product? New stylist? I'm so confused and if it were me, I'd be freaking out, but maybe Carson doesn't give a crap about his hair.  Actually, Carson needs to use Shakira's stylist. Shakira's hair has looked amazing week after week, last night included. Adam could provide some product or hair tips...Blake and Usher don't seem to have any hair issues, which brings me back to Carson's hair/makeup person.   Adam and Maroon 5 were sportin their white good humor duds and opened the show with "Love Somebody".  Adam did a quick change out of his ice cream man outfit, put on a slate green button down and got back into the chair in the ready position.  You could tell that Blake, whose home state of Oklahoma was hit hard by the tornado, was reeling from the news and was doing his best to be present for his team, but I'm sure his heart was home with family and friends.  

Holly Tucker/Team Blake- Sang "How Great Thou Are" a song I've never heard before and killed it.  
Judith Hill/Team Adam-Sang "The Way You Make Me Feel" to honor Michael Jackson who inspired her. Of all the MJ songs she could have chosen, this one was sort of an odd song choice. She did a good job, but it didn't showcase her voice the way a different one of his songs could have. 
The Swon Bros/Team Blake sang "How Country Feels" and kicked ass. They too are from Oklahoma. How crazy!  I loved them. I don't think they'll win but they'll do well regardless. 
Amber Carrington/Team Adam-"Breakaway". I get Amber and Holly confused. They have similar voices and they look alike. Amber was decent this week, but Holly was better. 
Sasha Allen/Team Shakira- sang one of my current faves, "Next To Me". I still think that Sasha always sounds like she's screaming, I guess she did okay...for a screamer. 
Josiah Holly/Team Usher-sang "Clocks" I liked it and hope he and Kelly Taylor get back together soon. (Lets see who gets that reference) 
Danielle Bradberry/Team Blake- sang "Heads Carolina, Tails California". She's really cute and did a cool thing to her hair, anyone see it? 
Kris Thomas/Team Shakira-sang "Adorn" He did a decent job, but definitely not the strongest of the night...he's a goner
Sarah Simmons/Team Adam-sang "Mama Knows Best" a song I had never heard before. She belted IT out. Wow! 
Michelle Chamuel/Team Usher-sang "Just Give Me A Reason" I think she's a goner too. Tough song and she didn't nail it, but Usher thought it was the performance of the night. I couldn't disagree with him more.

Rules of Engagement
I was really sad for Rules to end. I've been watching since the beginning, following it all over the place, and I really hoped they wouldn't go for a sappy ending. Well, I would say they didn't...Lots of twists.  Last week Brenda went into labor and while she was in crazy pain delivering baby girl Shea to Jeff and Audrey, Jeff read the sports scores to his pal, worked on fantasy baseball trades and kept everyone calm.  Audrey took one look at Brenda's VaJayJay and threw up.  Outside the delivery room, Adam and Jen followed Ed Begley Jr. around the hospital and got him to marry them in the hospital chapel. Russell forgot to renew Timmy's work visa so Timmy was being deported.  Luckily for everyone, Ed Begley's electric car was still charging and he had some time to marry Adam & Jen in the church chapel AND the perfect ending...Timmy, aka  Timeer Patel and Russell were also wed. Nope they aren't gay, but they really are BFF's and there's no way Russell would ever let Timmy leave him.  All's well that ends well...oh and...Audrey's preggers.  Episode over, Season over, Series over.  Bye guys...I personally enjoyed following you around these past 8 years!  5 point bonus if you can name the song they played at the end of the show last night. 

Goodwin Games
If memory serves, I saw the pilot for this show during LAST YEARS upfront. I liked it then, was looking forward to it and checked it out last night. Obviously FOX didn't care for it, but I did (and so did my son). Basically a wacky Beau Bridges died and left his 23 million bucks to only one of his 3 kids. The kids have to compete in various games/challenges to get the money. Okay so it's odd that he recorded all of the challenges on giant Beta Max tapes, but like I said...he was WACKY. Scott Foley is the oldest, he's a pompous doctor who's supposedly engaged to a senator or something. Becky Newton the math wizard hot actress daughter and I have no idea who the youngest Goodwin is, but he's a thief who just got out of jail and has a daughter.  I don't know why I'm watching when I know there's no shot the show will come back to life, but until Big Brother on 6/26...I'm sort of open, so why not?

Game of Thrones
Preparing to watch Game of Thrones is super stressful for me. I have to put all devices down, get 100% focused and pay attention. I don't take any notes and then when I want to write about it, I can't remember any ones name, what family they are part of or anything, so my post usually doesn't do the show justice. All I can say is that my two favorite story lines are the ones with Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons and Tyrion Master of Coin. This past week, both were featured.  Tyrion married Sansa Stark even though he loves Shea the whore and she loves the gay guy.  I wanted to beat the crap out of King Joffrey for taking the stool away so that Tyrion couldn't put the cloak on Sansa...what a d*ck.  Then he basically told Sansa that he was pretty much going to rape her. Super d*ck! Tyrion got hammered at his wedding and while he totally could have performed his husbandly duties (according to him) he told Sansa that he would never share her bed until she wanted him too. Her response..."What if I never want to?" My response "head to Tenafly Tyrion! On the other side of Westeros a very arrogant Second Son or Secret Son or whatever met with Dany to talk about armies and she handled herself beautifully as always. Shocked to see her so naked in the tub but man what a scene with Dario...this could be good! Arya's heading to her Mom and brother courtesy of the Hound who's planning on selling her back to them.Sam finally got some balls and saved the no named baby I guess a guy will grow a pair when in need to impress a woman.  I hate birds, so all of those ravens freaked me out a bit.  Of all the scenes though, I loved when Cersei told off her sister-in-law to be and when Lady Tyrell was spouting out how everyone is related. Again, not doing it justice but it was hilarious.  No Game of Thrones this coming Sunday (Memorial Day Weekend) but then...only 2 episodes left, then the pressure is off for a while.

News & Information:

-CBS postponed the season finale of Mike & Molly last night because it coincidentally featured a tornado. With everything going on in Oklahoma City...probably a good idea. CBS number one in empathy on Monday nights in May! 

-Anyone dying to find out what happened on 666 Park Avenue or Zero Hour can find out by either cancelling your Saturday night dinner reservations or just staying home on Saturday nights and watching the final unaired episodes on Saturday nights on ABC. 

-Were you dying to find out who the new X Factor judges are? Couldn't wait for the big news? Well...the waiting is over! In addition to Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland and someone named Paulina Rubio will be joining the judges panel. Couldn't care less, won't be watching. 

-Just curious...has ANYONE checked out anything on YouTube's Comedy Week yet? I haven't, but I'm dying to know if any one's doing it.

-I need to pat myself on the back just once...Amazon announced which of its pilots got picked up yesterday and my number one choice, Alpha House was one of the two winners. This is the political dramedy starring John Goodman and Mark Consuelos. Yeah for me! I picked a winner and I will absolutely watch the show. The other show greenlit was Beta's but I didn't love that one.

-Seth McFarlane announced yesterday that he will NOT be hosting the Oscars again. According to his Tweets, he needs to catch up on his sleep.

Tuesday's Trivia Question: On last weeks How I Met Your Mother finale, where was Ted planning to move to? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

1 comment:

  1. As per the "Goodwin Games," it's Beau Bridges. Not Academy-Award winner Jeff Bridges.

    ReplyDelete