Monday, September 23, 2013

Best Part of The Emmy's was Breaking Bad...and NPH



The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: 5 Years ago, in 2008 Mad Men won the Emmy for Best Drama and 30 Rock won the Emmy for Best Comedy

FIRST FIVES:Larry Price, James Schiro, Dan Realson, Ed Ziskind & Priscilla Paez
Honorable Mention: Francesca Sullivan

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.2/8.9
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.2/8.0
The X Factor-FOX 2.0/6.4
Two and a Half Men-CBS 1.8/6.7
The Million Second Quiz-NBC 1.3/4.9

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
X Factor-FOX 275,639
The Million Second Quiz-NBC 35,019
The Vampire Diaries-CW 32,955
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 26,622
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 24,678

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Thursday Night Football-NFL Network 4.0/9.3
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.2/2.9
Project Runway-Lifetime .9/2.6
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.7
Ridiculousness-MTV .6/1.3

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NFL Football:Chiefs/Eagles-NFL Network 243,091
Project Runway-Lifetime 43,051
Tamar & Vince-We 32,223
Impact Wrestling-Spike 20,611
Tiny Tonight-VH1 16,564

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.7/6.6
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.5/6.5
20/20-ABC 1.4/5.6
Dateline-NBC 1.1/5.4
Undercover Boss-CBS 1.1/5.4

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 49,749
America's Next Top Model-CW 39,819
Last Man Standing-ABC 35,402
The Neighbors-ABC 13,612
Sleepy Hollow-FOX 11,445

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 68,179
Ghost Adventures-Travel 25,056
Kendra on Top-We 22,671
Say Yes to the Dress-TLC 21,665
Piers Morgan Live-CNN 15,260

I started out the night at 6:30pm with my laptop streaming the E! Red Carpet stuff and my TV on the Jet game (Yeah, they won!).  I also had my Ipad mini and Iphone within arms reach, but it all got too much for me so I just bagged everything and watched while I typed until 9pm when I switched over to Breaking Bad. When BB was over I was able to watch the Emmy's and catch up in real time. Pretty impressive right?

E! Red Carpet Emmy Pre-Show Coverage
  • Gotta say, I liked Giuliana Rancic's shorter hair, but her boobs and her dress weren't working for me at all!
  • Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad looked really pretty but she was ultra wrinkly on the Red Carpet which meant she needed to get a Stanley Steamer before the after party or people would be talkin about her
  • Tina Fey's been snacking a bit since the end of 30 Rock and forgot her Spanx, but since I love her and she still looked insanely good, I'm giving her a pass 
  • YEAH! Taylor Schilling from Orange is the New Black was at the Emmy's and on the Red Carpet. She looked gorgeous (The show wasn't eligible for an Emmy this year, but hopefully she'll be back and a nominee next year.)
  • Fact about Taylor that I'm admitting I didn't know...she was Ben Affleck's wife in Argo.  
  • E! and Covergirl had a cool Emmy Heat Gauge that tracked Tweets, pretty cool new addition but they only showed it once that I caught. What a waste...hope Covergirl gets a makegood out of it. 
  • Hated Aubrey Plaza's dress, hair etc. She looked a pilgrim from CBGB's
  • So funny to see Bryan Cranston with hair, I always forget that he's not bald in real life
  • WOW Christina Hendricks from Mad Men's boobs looked dangerous in the dress she wore. Even her husband's eyes were bugging out of his head and he's probably used to them by now.
  • Cobie Smulders white dress was horrible but hair and makeup were perfect! 
  • Sarah Silverman looked really pretty and claimed she purchased her dress online for 60 bucks.  Do we think she was telling the truth? 
  • Oyyyyy Kelly Osbourne, I just don't even know what to do with her anymore. 
  • Anna Faris's dress...hideous. The hair looked like the same hair from the giant Barbie Doll head we all had when we were little
  • Michael Douglas looked really really old - Grandpa-ish and his thing with Jim Parsons was AWKKKKward
  • Elizabeth Moss looked like a Black and White cookie
  • Amy Poehler looked really pretty in black but it looked like she was having a ponytail malfunction in the back with a bunch of ends sticking out. How does her stylist let that happen?
  • Carrie Underwood's eggplant dress was weird. Beautiful from the belly up and horrible from the belly down
  • How embarrassing for Connie Britton and Julia Louis Dreyfus to unintentionally photobomb the mani cam when Allison Williams and Sofia Vergara's nails were walking the mini red carpet. That manicam is SO FREAKING DUMB! 
  • Michael J. Fox and his wife looked REALLY good. They both are frozen in time and never age at all, but they don't look Botoxy either. 
  • Damian Lewis had no hair and I almost didn't recognize him
  • Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones was also barely recognizable with brown hair
  • Whenever I see Lena Dunahm i want to vomit
  • I can't believe Claire Danes is friends with Lena Dunham and doesn't vomit when she sees her. 
  • Connie Britton's dress was odd but she was beautiful and she was Tami Taylor which means I will never say anything bad about her
  • January Jones could have been just a head in that dress.  She looked like her entire body and face was wrapped in a pair of nude stockings. At least put some lipstick on, so you're friends can find you leaning against a wall
  • Kate Mara was wearing a very interesting white dress I still can't decide if I loved it or hated it
  • A lot of people wore white after Labor Day on the Red Carpet. My Mom would FREAK out on them. 
  • Sofia Vergara looked stunning in red. 
  • Julia Louis Dreyfus looked good even though it looked like she blew off her hair appointment. 
THE SHOW!
  • Les Moonves!  Awesome!
  • A room filled with TVs! OMG Where is that room? I'm moving in! 
  • Howard Stern/Baba Booey reference in the Emmy opening number? Wow has Howard gone mainstream or what?
  • I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE NEIL PATRICK HARRIS and the show hasn't even gotten going yet
  • Alec and Ireland...front and center. I guess he no longer dyes his hair...I like him au natural...he can carry it off...except when he's pushing baby Carmen's stroller
  • Jimmy Kimmel, Jane Lynch, (who looked good btw) my FBFF and Conan  all on one stage...MY HEAD just exploded. Kevin Spacey AWESOME!!!! If you didn't watch House of Cards, you didn't get how brilliant the bit was
  • Tina and Amy with the 3D glasses and popcorn...hilarious...OF COURSE
  • Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy: SHOCKER! Merritt Weaver from Nurse Jackie! NO F'ing WAY...I LOVE HERRRRRRR!  "I gotta go...bye!" That was her entire speech. Classic
  • Malin Ackerman's dress was hideous...just hideous
  • Writers clips to show the nominees...LOVED IT!  Congrats Tina Fey...love YOU!
  • Emily and Zoey...The Deschanel sisters both had insanely blue eyes and hideous dresses
  • Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy: Tony Hale for Veep...is this the "We are going to throw you all for a loop Emmy Awards"
  • Robin Williams looked like Martin Scorsese with those glasses didn't he?
  • Jonathan Winters tribute...I checked my Facebook page
  • I hate Jon Hamm and I hated him even more with his beard
  • Best Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Julia Louis Dreyfus for Veep (WWTM Readers got that wrong...let's hope we do better in the next category ) I think I may need to try to watch Veep again.  Toooo funny when Tony Hale held her bag and helped her with her speech
  • Guest Actor and Guest Actress in a Comedy Series went to: Melissa Leo and Bob Newhart. Melissa Leo wore a very odd circus ring leader outfit
  • Only the 2nd time a woman has won the award for Best Director in a Comedy...congrats Gail Mancuso...was that her bra or the dress? 
  • Best Actor in a Comedy: Jim Parsons...whewwww my readers got that one right! 
  • Rob Reiner's tribute to Jean Stapleton...I checked my Facebook page and played a game of Candy Crush (I'm up to level 155!)
  • Michael Douglas, Matt Damon and Sir Elton John...LOVE EJ...he's one of my all time faves, but bummed he chose a new song to perform and not a hit...got in 2 games of Candy Crush though
  • Best Lead Actress in a Mini Series or Movie: Laura Linney for the Big C and she wasn't  around to get her award. 
  • EHD...Excessive Hosting Disorder...hilarious (Arsenio cameo...great host placement!)
  • Best Writer for a Drama Series: Henry from Homeland. Henry passed away and his wife accept for him, so I will hold my tongue and I won't say that Breaking Bad was ripped off
  • Best Supporting Actress in a Drama: Anna Gunn for Breaking Bad! YEAH ANNA! Bet she was really bummed about the wrinkles in her skirt but you didn't see them on camera at all. 
  • HATE THE PLAYOFF MUSIC!!! SO NOT COOL Elton could have performed a shorter tune and then winners would have had more time
  • Cory Monteith tribute...back to Candy Crush
  • The Number in the Middle of the Show...got me back from Candy Crush...liked the flip down the stairs thing, and Nate Fillion and Sarah Silverman cameos. NPH rules
  • HATED Mindy's dress and HATED her banter with the Arrow guy. In general, I'm not a huge Mindy fan
  • Best Reality Show: The Voice. Mark Burnett...botox right?
  • Diahann Carroll first African American Emmy winner who seemed to be looking for a date. Kerry Washington's dress...hideous
  • Best Supporting Actor in a Drama: Aaron Paul for Breaking Bad didn't win? WTF? That's BULL MAN! Bobby Cannavale won? WHATEVER people! 
  • Best Actor in a Drama: Bryan Cranston didn't win either??? Okay I do love love love Jeff Daniels, but there's NO WAY he should have beat Bryan Cranston or Kevin Spacey...HATING THE PLAYOFF MUSIC. WWTM Readers...we are sucking tonight! 
  • Walter Cronkite...back to CC 155
  • Carrie Underwood performed "Yesterday" and that was my cue to start  watching Breaking Bad
  • Too much celebrity gum chewing in general
  • Watched all of BB and picked the show up on DVR for the Outstanding Choreography number...where did NPH's jacket go? Wasn't that the Dancing with the Stars dude? I would have bagged this section and given the celebs more time for their thank you speeches, but the audience seemed to love it. 
  • Heidi Klum's neck dress was REALLY bizarre
  • Best Choreography: Derek Hough...I was right...DWTS guy
  • Allison Hannigan really shouldn't go with a side pony
  • Best Variety Series: Colbert Report. Lot's of "ums" out of Stephen Colbert which surprised me
  • James Gandolfini Tribute...I paid attention to this one
  • Anna Faris and Allison Janney couldn't have looked odder together and they play mother and daughter in their new show
  • Best Writing in a Mini Series: Abby Morgan-The Hour
  • Supporting Actor in Mini Series: James Cromwell-American Horror Story. Who's Elsa? indefagadable? What did he say? I looked it up and rewound 3 times and still have no idea what that word means or if it's even a word. 
  • Best Director Mini Series: Steven Soderberg for Behind the Candelabra
  • Best Supporting Actress Mini Series: Ellen Burstyn Political Animals
  • Claire Danes dress was absolutely HIDEOUS 
  • Best Actor in a Mini Series: Michael Douglas...funny speech and he too got played off
  • Best Mini Series: Behind the Candelabra
  • No idea if those were Will Farrell's real or fake kids but either way...hilarious
  • Best Comedy Series: Modern Family...my readers were right!  Steve Levitan looks a lot like Ray Romano doesn't he?
  • Best Drama Series: Breaking Bad OF COURSE! 
WWTM Readers from around the globe weighed in and our winners were:
WWTM Best Drama-Breaking Bad-RIGHT
WWTM Best Comedy-Modern Family-RIGHT
WWTM Best Actor in a Drama-Bryan Cranston- WRONG (Jeff Daniels won)
WWTM Best Actress in a Drama-Claire Danes- RIGHT
WWTM Best Actor in a Comedy-Jim Parsons-RIGHT
WWTM Best Actress in a Comedy-Tina Fey-WRONG

I did watch Breaking Bad last night but I'm sticking with my decision to not discuss it for a while. Especially with the big marathon news below.

NEWS & INFORMATION

-OMG I love the Fall TV Season! New shows, fun contests, cross platform content and all sorts of stunts including...marathons! 

-If you're a South Park person (believe it or not...I WAS, before I gave up animation) then you may want to check out the 95 hour, 234 episode marathon that started on Saturday at 3pm on Southparkstudios.com. Yep! 234 episodes of South Park and one of um will include this groovy tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHqfFLYxZU

-Okay guys, for ANYONE of my readers who hasn't gotten on the Breaking Bad bandwagon, now's your chance. Starting Wednesday night at 8pm, AMC is going to run a marathon of seasons 1- 4 through Friday night 9/27. Then on Saturday night at 11pm you can watch all of Season 5 and be ready for the finale at 9pm on Sunday. Sure, you'll have to blow off work on Thursday and Friday, but trust me it's worth it. If you can't do that, then set your DVR's and save it for the dead of winter and watch the entire thing. You'll thank me that I drove you mental about this show and saved you a ton of money. 

-TNT cancelled King & Maxwell adding to the Romajin/O'Connell jinx...this couple can't seem to pick a script.  They both never last that long in anything.  Let's hope that We Are Men, Jerry's new show,  keeps him busy while Rebecca is over at the unemployment office again.

-When I watched the pilot of Super Fun Night starring Rebel Wilson, I cringed. I don't really like her and haven't ,since the MTV VMA's a couple of years ago. Pitch Perfect yeah she was good, but I thought the Super Fun Night pilot wasn't great. I think ABC agreed with me, because they aren't airing the pilot when the show premiere's this week. Maybe that'll make me think differently about the show, but honestly, I'm betting this one gets cancelled. I've been wrong before, so...let's see if I'm right or not.

-Congrat's Bob Greenblatt! You don't have to carpool to the unemployment office with Rebecca Romaijn Stamos O'Connell, you're  good until 2017. NBC renewed Bob's contract as President of Entertainment for another 3 years.

-Nobody was more surprised than me of Sleepy Hollow's amazing premiere ratings last Monday, but even more surprising was the Live +3 numbers which added 43% to the Live number.  Pretty impressive. Still won't get me to watch, but thought you'd be interested.

-Nielsen finally got FCC approval to buy Arbitron. Wow! After all these years, I can't believe Arbitron will be gone. I wonder if Arbitron will get folded into Nielsen completely or if they will continue to operate separately. Isn't it amazing that Nielsen is the measurement monopoly? They just buy up anyone else who's counting all of us and keep on shoving their methodology down our throats.  I'm still shocked that nobody else has even tried to give them a run for their money especially now with apps and stuff.  Isn't their a what are you watching right now app:? Ohhh maybe I shouldn't have told anyone and done it myself. I'm an idiot, could have retired on that one, no?

Monday's Trivia Question: I really wanted to do a week of Breaking Bad trivia, but not sure how many of you have watched and would be able to play, so I'm going with something else. Lets see if you can figure this one out. It's a theme week.
Magnum P.I. and Blue Bloods...name the common actor.

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment