Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What did you chose at 10pm? Hostages or The Black List?



The answer to Monday's Trivia Question:  Tom Selleck starred in both Blue Bloods and Magnum P.I.

FIRST FIVE: Michael O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Mike Pierro, Bill McLaughlin & Mitch Klein
Honorable Mention: Francesca Sullivan

Friday's Cable Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.7
Movie-USA .9/2.1
WWE Friday Night-Syfy .8/2.6
Movie-USA .7/1.5
American Dad-Adult Swim .6/1.6

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 6.9/18.6
Football Night in America-5.0/14.5
Primetime Emmy Awards-CBS 4.3/15.2
The Simpsons-FOX 1.4/3.0
Family Guy-FOX 1.2/2.7

Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Primetime Emmy Awards-CBS 1,711,136
Sunday Night Football-NBC 352,693
Mira Quien Baila-Univision 35,786
The Simpsons-FOX 25,229
Family Guy-FOX 17,226

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Breaking Bad-AMC 711,830
Dexter-Showtime 206,102
Devious Maids-Lifetime 65,135
Ray Donovan-Showtime 34,564
Boardwalk Empire-HBO 27,167


Yeahhhh the new season has officially begun...what'd you chose last night at 10pm? Blacklist or Hostages? Definitely let me know! I went with Hostages...

How I Met Your Mother
The one hour season premiere of How I Met Your Mother was filled with a ton of great stuff...
Marshall and baby Marvin were still on the plane heading home from Minnesota sitting right next to the very annoying Sheri Shepherd. Marshall was TRYING to walk his Mom through how to delete a photo text before the doors closed, because she had sent a photo spilling the beans about his judge gig before he got to tell Lily.  Have you ever tried to teach your Mom something on the computer? If you have then you know why Marshall got thrown off the plane! So they both got thrown off, and both needed to get back to NYC asap so they of course end up together in the last car available a Hummerlike vehicle called the Monstrosity.  Lily and Ted were heading to Farhampton for the wedding but Ted's road trip facts and driving gloves were driving her so mental that she insisted he drop her off at the train station. Ted, did drop her, but also brought up a great point...why would is it called a "glove compartment" if you aren't supposed to wear driving gloves? Food for thought right? Anyway...Barney and Robin were on THEIR way to Farhampton arguing over the right way to say RINGBEARER (is the er silent?  I use it) and talking about all the "wildcard" family members coming to the wedding. They stumbled on a mutual relative and for about 10 minutes thought they might be related, but thank goodness...they aren't. That was the good news, the bad news was that Barney's bro, James, is getting divorced. I'm not a huge Wayne Brady fan, have I mentioned that before? I'm just not. Note to self to try and use Canuckin Nuts next time my mouth wants to say F'in Nuts. It's WAY funnier. I loved the Game of Thrones, King Joffrey reference and the nickname THE MOM had given Ted...Lady Tedweena Slozby, and of course it's always fun when Ranjeet's in the drivers seat.  Did you catch that Curtis at the front desk was the dude from Revenge? This paragraph's WAY too long...cutting to the chase...Lily met Mom on the train and we saw Ted with MOM a year after the wedding and I don't know about you...but she's the one! I felt it...didn't you? 

The Voice
I know I said I wouldn't and I thought I could stay away, but, I had to check it out...I just had to...not saying I'm sticking with it completely, but I needed to see the original Voice gang back together again.  Xtina's slimmer body seemed to bring back a fun more energetic Xtina to the show.  CeeLo's swirly-q big mistake head tattoo just had me upset.  I thought with Mike Tyson as the poster child for bad tattoo mistakes, we wouldn't see a debacle like CeeLo's gnarly noggin, but...nope...this one's just as bad,  with one exception. If CeeLo wanted to, he could cover up his mistake with a wig or grow some hair over it. The rest of the show is the same old same old. Groovy chairs, hot and bearded Adam Levine and his "Bro" Blake and of course contestants that all have sob stories and great voices. If it aint broken, don't fix it.  No commitment, no Season Pass, but if I have the time I'm tuning in. 

Hostages
I've never been a huge Toni Colette fan, but I've always LOVED Dylan McDermott (and I don't confuse him with Dermot Mulroney who's in a similar show called Kidnapped this season).  Dylan McDermott's an FBI Agent involved in a mission to kill the President. He has a wife in coma, a daughter named  Sawyer, whose nickname is Soy Soy (which was the only laughing matter all episode) and a Dad whose also in on the plot. The Prez is having surgery and Toni Colette's his doctor. Toni's a workaholic, her husband, Jennifer Anniston's ex, Tate Donovan, is a cheater, their son Jake is a pot dealer who owes 1200 bucks to his boss and the daughter just found out she's the next Teen Mom and if that wasn't all bad enough, now they've all been taken hostage and won't be let go unless Mom helps Bobby Donnell kill the Prez.  Juicy right? What'd ya think?

News & Information:

 -The Primetime Emmy's on Sunday night delivered better ratings than it has since 2006! It was up 33% in viewers and 26% in A18-49 vs. last year.  I want to thank all the great TV and NPH for bringing audiences back to the show. E!'s Red Carpet also reaped the reward of good TV, as their coverage was seen by 2.4 million people. Online, 1.6 million people checked out the show which was up 83% vs. last year.


-Sunday night's second to last episode (aka penultimate-just learned that) of Breaking Bad delivered a 3.4 RA18-49 with 6.6 million viewers and 4.3 million A18-49 viewers.  The numbers were up from last week.  While I'm totally psyched for the finale this coming Sunday, I'm going to be sad to see this story end. Not the same at all as when Friday Night Lights ended. I don't think I will miss Walt and the gang the way I still miss Eric and Tami Taylor, but I will miss a level of storytelling we so rarely get to witness. The bar has been raised yet again and I can't wait to see who's up for the challenge next.  

-The series finale of Dexter also did well on Sunday night. Even with NFL, The Emmy's and Breaking Bad,  Dexter's final ep (don't tell me what happens...I'm watching it on the side) delivered 2.8 million viewers which was up vs. last years finale and this years premiere.   

-Seems like Sue Naegle finally figured out that she'd make more money producing programming for HBO instead of buying it, so what does she do? She stepped down as  President of HBO Entertainment and cut a production deal with them instead. Pretty smart move that will probably result in a boatload of dough for her. 

-Chalk up another win for The Dish Network, the company won in court and can keep its Hopper and Hopper Transfer products on the market. Fox took them to Judge Gee, not to be confused with Judy, or Mathis, asking to block the use of this technology that allows customers to broadcast TV signals to other devices.  They lost.

-Congrats to Adam Stotsky on his promotion to Prez of the new Esquire network. I need to check it out. I'm guessing I have it on Cablevision, but I'm not an underserved, upscaled guy, so I haven't been feeling like there's something missing in my life or anything.  I'll have to check in with my husband and see if he knows where I can find the channel. I'd say my husband fits the demo, but all he wants is the old Speed Channel back. You know the one that would show any form of racing all day every day? That's what he wants if anyone out there can help the guy out. 







Tuesday's Trivia Question: This actor is predominantly on the big screen, but he did play Bobby Newport on Parks and Rec and a guy named Kirby on Sisters. Name him. (Remember...this is a theme week!)

I've been trying to plot out my week of viewing to avoid stress, but I'm REALLY freaking out about Sunday night...what are you watching? Vote today! It will help me out big time!

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment