Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes Night! I apologize in advance for how long my post is.





The answer to Friday's Trivia Question:  Bill Pullman played the President in the movie Independence Day.  

FIRST FIVES:Lance Beitler, Elke Raskob, Mary Ryan, He Who Shall Not Be Named, & Dan Realson
Honorable Mention: Monica Caffara

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 6.3/19.7 (I find this unbelievable)
Two and a Half Men-CBS 4.2/14.3
Person of Interest-CBS 3.3/15.5
Grey's Anatomy-AB 3.1/9.2
Scandal-ABC 2.8/8.3

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Scandal-ABC 150,964
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 121,282
Grey's Anatomy-ABC ABC 119,372
Critics' Choice Movie Awards-CW 75,034
1600 Penn-NBC 51,303

Thursday's Cable Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.3/2.8
Tangled-Disney 1.0/4.2
Buckwild-MTV 1.0/1.9
Movie-FX 1.0/1.9
Family Guy-.9/1.7

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Buckwild-MTV 131,051
NBA Basketball-TNT 121,790
NBA Basketball-TNT 113,284
Beyond Scared Straight-A&E 41,429
Impractical Jokers-Tru-23,114

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 2.0/6.8
Undercover Boss-CBS 1.8/9.0
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.6/11.1
CSI NY-CBS 10.7
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.5/7.0

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Fringe-FOX 44,808
Shark Tank-ABC 34,372
1600 Penn-NBC 24,512
Undercover Boss-CBS 24,500
Blue Bloods-CBS 23,490

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA Basketball-ESPN 552,215
NBA Basketball-ESPN 251,437
WWE-Syfy 84,846
Piers Morgan-CNN 43,212
Ghost Adventures-Travel 34,000

Wow what a Sunday. I have to admit, I think I was couch bound for 12 hours.  I started off with the Knick game, then the Falcons/Seahawks, then the Patriots/Texans which lead right into E! Red Carpet and then Golden Globes.  For someone like me...a perfect day.  

As you know when it comes to award shows, I bag paragraphs and go for the bullet point format, so here we go:

  • Giuliana Rancic...hideous. 
  • Claire Danes, gave birth a month ago and looked skinny and amazing in her red Versace dress. Her biggest concern for the night...LEAKAGE! (I'm not joking, she said it herself!)
  • Megan Fox was a total bitch to Ryan Seacrest
  • Katherine McPhee blew everyone out of the water with her ultra sexy black number
  • Everyone from LA was obsessed with how "cold" it was.  I checked the temp in Beverly Hills at showtime and it was 55 degrees they'd never make it here in NYC if they think 55 is freezing
  • Lena Dunhan does nothing for me. I don't like her, her dress, or her show.
  • Julia Louis Dreyfus is 52 years old. Amazing right?
  • Hayden Panatierre's white gown was one of my favorites of the night 
  • Kelly Osbourne's still going with that gray/lavender hair, I really think it's time to move on.
  • I don't understand why anyone chooses those skin colored dresses. Amy Adams's dress was boring!
  • How hot did Bradley Cooper look? I heart him. I more than heart him.
  • Miayam Bialik...hideous
  • The mani cam is the stupidest thing ever
  • Daniel Craig and Rachel Weitz looked like old Hollywood royalty
  • Lucy Liu...ewwww horrible
  • Hated Jessica Chastain's dress and hair.  
  • I always confuse Rosario Dawson and Zoey Saldana. Only one of them slept with Bradley Cooper...I think
  • Jennifer Lawrence's Dior dress wasn't a good choice at all. 
  • Nicole Kidman's Alexander McQueen's dress was very interesting, I really liked it and normally I hate her choices. 
  • I don't know how all the stars kept it in check when they got to Al Roker, but nobody brought up is PIP incident.  
  • Hugh Jackman's wife looks like she could be his Mom
  • Is there any award show Taylor Swift DOESN't go to?
  • Eva Longoria went with the Angelina Jolie sexy leg dress and it worked just as well for her as it did for Angie.
  • I think it's time for George to dump Stacey Keibler. If I'm sick of her, he's gotta be too.
  • Ben Affleck remembered to tuck his shirt in.
  • Adele needs to call Claire Danes for tips on losing the baby weight
  • Kristen Bell is huge already, I bet Dax is secretly concerned.
  • ER Reunion of Doug and Carol when George Clooney interrupted  Ryan Seacrest's interview of Julianna Marguiles to say hi was my fave Red Carpet moment.
  • 2 MAIN TAKE AWAYS-TINA FEY AND AMY POEHLER SHOULD BE NAMED OFFICIAL LIFETIME CO-HOSTS OF THE GOLDEN GLOBES & BRADLEY COOPER IS HOT.
  • Bill Murray looked like a skinny Santa Claus
  • Taylor Swift sat next to Richard Gere and looked like she had no idea who he was
  • Amy Poehler and Tina Fey's opening was amazing. The James Cameron joke...awesome
  • They let Mel Gibson in? 
  • Best Supporting Actor (Film): Christoph Waltz-Django Unchained 
  • Best Supporting Actress (TV) : Maggie Smith-Downton Abbey
  • Sam Fox & Francesca Eastwood were Mr. & Miss Golden Globes aka stage traffic controllers
  •  Amy Poehler and Tina Fey seem like they'd be funny Moms
  • I thought the Hollywood Foreign Press lady was bombing but she sorta killed
  • Rosario Dawson is NOT Zoey Saldana
  • Best Actor in a Drama (TV) Damien Lewis/Homeland...forgot he's British (again), which makes his acting, that much more amazing.  
  • Salma Hayek and Paul Rudd messed up READING the nominees for Best TV Drama, those moments are what make award shows so much fun to watch.
  • Best TV Drama-Homeland. 
  • Loved JLo's dress
  • Checked Facebook During Best Original Score
  • I didn't know any of the Best Songs other than Skyfall, so I was glad Adele won, but I felt bad for Jon Bon Jovi, he could have used some good news.
  • I can never remember what Jessica Alba is famous for.
  • Jack Bauer should join the 3rd season of Homeland
  • Now whenever I see Kevin Costner I think of his Whitney Houston eulogy
  • Bill Clinton's at the Globes? Shouldn't he be home taking care of Hillary?
  • Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell toooooo funny
  • Tommy Lee Jones looked miserable. Maybe he didn't like the food or his shirt was itchy?
  • Best Actress in a Comedy/Musical-Jennifer Lawrence/Sliver Linings Playbook
  • Best Supporting Actor (TV) Ed Harris no way! Mandy Patinkin was there he should have won, that's bogus.  
  • Jamie Foxx's hair looked like a football helmet or something
  • Best Supporting Actress (Film)  Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables (I'm not a fan)
  • Best Screenplay-Quentin Tarantino
  • Was Jeremy Irons on his way to his second job as an orchestra conductor?
  • Debra Messing's hair colorist left too much dye on her forehead
  • Best Actor in a Comedy/Musical (TV) Don Cheadle/House of Lies. REALLY??? WTF?
  • Rocky and The Terminator were cute presenting Best Foreign Film. Ones had too much botox and ones had not enough
  • Best Foreign Film-Amour BOGUS, The Intouchables was amazing
  • Lea Michelle is from my town, Tenafly NJ. Trust me, there aren't any Tenafly people as tan as she is right now
  • Best Actress in a Drama (TV)- Claire Danes of course. I will say it again..Clarie Danes had a baby 4 weeks ago!
  • Sasha Baron Cohen isn't funny
  • Jason Bateman is one of my favorite Jason's
  • If you've never watched Aziz Ansari's stand-up, you should, he's really freaking funny
  • Best Actress in a Comedy (TV) - Lena Dunham, I'm so bummed, I really can't stand her
  • Oh and Lena...get shoes that fit or that you can walk in.  It wasn't cute that you couldn't walk properly to get your award.
  • I need to rewatch Jodie Foster's speech there was a lot there: privacy, I think she came out, I think she retired, I think she begged her Mom to go to the other side. Not sure if it was a train wreck or brilliant
  • Best Director-Ben Affleck YEAH, YEAH, YEAH 
  • I wonder if Jen and Ben bumped into JLo at the Globes.
  • I can't believe my FBFF, Jimmy Fallon presented with Jay Leno.  I can't stand Jay Leno.
  • Best TV Series-Comedy/Musical-GIRLS UGH I really don't get it
  • Sidney Bristow almost got to give Will Tippen the Best Actor in a Comedy Award but he didn't win..she gave it to Hugh Jackman...I think Arvin Sloane's behind this.
  • Best Actor -Comedy/Musical-Hugh Jackman/Les Miserables
  • Best Comedy/Musical-Les Miserables
  • Best Actress/Drama-Jessica Chastain/Zero Dark Thirty
  • Best Actor/Drama-Daniel Day Lewis/Lincoln
  • I sort of forgot about Julia Roberts, she was as big of a surprise as President Clinton
  • Best Movie/Drama-SHOCKER...ARGO won best picture (Another Alias alumni...Victor Garber was in Argo, so pretty much almost everyone from Alias was at the Globes last night)
  • Show finished EXACTLY at 11...take that Academy.
Friday night Cinemax premiered a new show called Banshee.  The premise is a bit contrived. Basically, this nameless guy gets out of jail after 15 years and goes to get the girl and the money he left behind.  To find the girl, he needs the help of an old transvestite friend who gives up her address in Banshee, PA pretty easily.  The nameless guy obviously has a past and some guy named Rabbit is after him the second he gets out of prison.  On his way to Banshee, no name steals a car, and a motorcycle, is involved in a shoot out on the streets of NYC, meets a bartender/ex con named Sugar, and the about to be sworn in, Banshee Sheriff who has come from Oregon to run the police department because an ex-Amish bad guy named Koi Proctor runs everything in Banshee and the Mayor needed an outsider to turn the town around. (I know that was a lot...but I'm pretty sure that was, in fact NOT a run on sentence) While the new sheriff is eating a steak, two of Koi's guys come into the bar and start trouble. Nameless kills all of them REALLY violently.  To make a long story short, he takes the sheriff-to-be's identity and becomes Lucas Hood, Sheriff of Banshee. He finds the girl who is now married with 2 kids, one of which, I'm pretty sure is Lucas's.  There's way way more to this story, add in an Amish component (the Amish are pretty "hot" these days), and the ultra hot dude playing Lucas,  Antony Starr who looks amazing with his shirt off and you have a winner in my opinion. There were some pretty graphic sex scenes and the show is pretty violent, but I did give this one a Season Pass.  Not sure how many of you have Cinemax, but I'm betting you'll be hearing more about this show and its star. Oh and one more thing...it's on Friday night which is awesome...for once a good show NOT on Sunday night!

NEWS & INFORMATION

-Survivor announced the fans vs. favorites cast on Friday afternoon.  I'd forgotten some of the "favorites" already, which makes me question how Jeff Probst and the producers define a "favorite", but there are some interesting people coming back.  Malcolm, Dawn, Brenda, Phillip, Cochran and Brandon Hantz, Russell's nephew are all coming back to give it another shot.

-Starting tonight, NBC is giving viewers the opportunity for a 1 hour sneak peak of Smash before the official 2nd season premiere on 2/4. If you want to see it will be available on every platform possible. So check out NBC.com, Hulu, iTunes, Amazon, Xbox and on demand if you're interested.

-Sometimes, you have to know when enough is enough.  I sort of feel that way with vampires.  I'm never going to stop watching The Vampire Diaries, but when I read that the CW greenlit a Klaus spin-off called, The Originals, I was actually sort of bummed about it.  I mean, I love Klaus, but do we need MORE vampires?  When did Twilight come out? 5-6 years of vampires is enough already isn't it?  Of course I could be proven wrong and if anyone can hold his own, it's Joseph Morgan, the guy that plays Klaus, but I'm worried we are going to experience (if we haven't already) vampire saturation or vampire overload or something.  I guess it will all depend on how good the story is, hotter vampires than Damon, Stefan, Klaus, Elijah and Elena and a lot of shirtlessness.

-Big news Dexter fans, the show is returning for its 8th season 3 months early on 6/29.  Not sure yet if the 8th season is the last season, but from what I've read, the decision will be made sooner than later.  Immediately following it will be a new show called Ray Donovan  Homeland returns as originally scheduled on 9/29.  Masters of Sex will premiere right after Homeland that night.  Episodes won't be back until early 2014 which is a bit of a bummer as I really love that show, but then again, I'm sure I could use the time back.  The Big C: Hereafter will air a 4 episode wrap-up beginning on 4/29 and Nurse Jackie and The Borgia's will be back on 4/14.  All of these dates have been added to the listings on the right for your convenience.

-Miss New York took the Miss America crown on Saturday night.

Monday's Trivia Question: Before Robin Givens married and divorced Mike Tyson, she starred on this ABC show as Darlene Merriman.  Name the show.

WWTM-Kristy

2 comments: