Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Baaaaacccckkkk!!!! TUESDAY 9/3

With the 2013 Primetime Emmy's just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to have readers do some voting and see just how good you all are at predicting the winners. Make sure you cast your vote for Best Primetime Drama. The poll is on the upper right hand side of the blog when you're on your computer.  For some reason, you can't see it when viewing on your mobile.  I'll update the categories weekly until we get to Emmy night.  Also I'll be sending out the Emmy ballot sheet next week for you to fill out! September's a fun TV month!

The answer to a LONG TIME AGO's Trivia Question:  The 7 Real World San Francisco Original Housemates were: Pedro, Puck, Pam, Judd, Cory, Mohammed & Rachel.

FIRST FIVE: Michael O'Dea, Stephanie Baxter, Tara Dowling, Kathy Connelly, & Jim Carter
Honorable Mention: Andrea Walters 

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 1.8/6.7
Family Guy-FOX 1.1/2.6
Family Guy-FOX 1.1/2.5
60 Minutes-CBS 1.0/8.2
The Simpsons-FOX 1.0/2.5

Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 110,232
MDA Show of Strength Telethon-ABC 58,597
The Simpsons-FOX 23,880
Family Guy-FOX 21,127
Secret Millionaire-ABC 6,289

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Breaking Bad-AMC 267,992
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 70,662
Total Divas-E! 40,878
MLB Baseball: Mets/Nationals-ESPN2 30,703
Real Housewives of NJ-Bravo 17,294

All I watched last night was 3 episodes of WLNY's Brady Bunch Marathon, some US Open and an episode of Friends before the Below Deck Reunion.  I'll watch Under the Dome tonight.  Wish I remembered the Brady Bunch Marathon was on earlier, I would have watched um all.  At least I caught 3 of the best eps ever...The Silver Platters, The "Oh My Nose" and Davy Jones.  Doesn't get better than that! 

Below Deck Reunion
In a nutshell, everyone hated Adrienne on the boat and still does. Sam was a stuck up, entitled snot on the boat and still is, CJ was an arrogant ass on the boat and still is.  The only person who changed at all was Kat who was extremely remorseful about her drunken behavior. During the reunion, she came clean about the lies, and the drinking and admitted it was all unacceptable.  All I cared about was seeing Dave and Eddie again.  They were cute on the boat and still are. Dave has a much hotter haircut now, but I did miss them in their uniforms a bit.  After seeing everyone's disdain for each other on the reunion, I'm pretty sure there will be a different cast next season, no way most of these guys would ever be together again, especially Captain Lee. He seemed pissed off on the boat and that didn't change at all during the reunion. 

Modern Dads 
Hoping some of you guys checked out this new reality show on A&E. It's about 4 real stay home dads, living in Austin and hanging out together.  Stone is the "hot" divorced dad, Nate is the new dad, Rick is the veteran dad and Sean is the stepdad.  Stone looks like Jon Hamm and in between his daughter's story time and planning a princess party for Rick's 1 year old twins he got 2 girls numbers and free cake delivery for the party. Rick has 4 kids and is pretty much a mess, but he's hilarious. His idea of baby proofing is duct tape and a football helmet. Nate is new parent paranoid, and Sean is the man/child type.  We met 3 of the 4 working Mom's who all seem pretty cool, but the role reversal is interesting to watch. Loved seeing Nate running after his toddler, Cormac, while his wife was beckoning for a cup of coffee.  I liked this show and gave it a Season Pass.  It's nice to see the tables turned and the male thought process when it comes to parenting (or anything else for that matter). 

News & Information:

-I'm not a big "I told ya so" kinda person, but with the NFL kickoff just days away, you knew that CBS and Time Warner Cable would reach an agreement juuuust in the nick of time and yesterday at about 5:30pm all of you guys who've been missing Under the Dome, Big Brother, and all those HIMYM reruns, were back in business.  Congrats guys, you made it. Fill me in, what did you do (if anything) during the blackout, to view your faves? I've been broadcasting BB via my Iphone to my BFF Alyssa for a few weeks now. Gotta admit, I'm going to miss her commentary during this weeks veto competition.

-Well ladies, (and perhaps some guys out there too) Jax Teller is the guy.  EL James finally announced her Christian Gray and her Anastasia Steele for the 50 Shades movie next Summer.  Sure I had my heart set on Ian Somerhalder since he would be PERFECT as our fave masochist, but I gotta say...Charlie Hunnam is a great choice.  For anyone that DOESN'T watch Sons of Anarchy, get started now...the new season starts next week. Guarantee you'll feel better about it once you see his naked butt.   Anastasia is going to be played by Kate from the cancelled way too soon FOX comedy, Ben & Kate. I can see her in it. I think she'll be good.  Fun fact, she's Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith's daughter. 

-I did a lot on vacation, read 2 books, competed in my families annual Mini Golf Tournament (nail biting 1 hole tie breaker loss to my husband), hung out with friends, ate...a lot, drank...not as much as I ate, and yes, I did stay pretty up to date with a lot of my shows while on LBI.  During all of this, I made a decision. I'm officially not going to watch any show (other than Big Brother) that requires more than a one hour commitment each week. No Idol, no X Factor and no Voice among others. I hope I stick to it, I do love me some Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, and it's going to be tough to not tune in and check out the new "slimmer" Xtina, but these shows are real time suckers and I just don't have it to give.  I know a lot of you are making this decision right now for yourselves too.  Not sure if this helps, but here's a host/judge cheat sheet for the music competition shows coming up let me know if you'll be watching any of um this season:

American Idol  Host: Ryan Seacrest, Judges-JLo, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr.
X Factor Host  Mario Lopez, Judges-Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland & Paulina Rubio (Who?)
The Voice (Fall Cycle) CeeLo, Xtina, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton

-A friend sent me this awesome speech that Kevin Spacey made regarding content consumption and the TV business and how it's all changing.  I love it. Kevin rules in every way and obviously gets it.  Check it out. It's short and to the point and RIGHT on the money...let me know what you think. http://www.businessinsider.com/everyone-in-the-tech-and-tv-industries-is-passing-around-this-speech-by-kevin-spacey-2013-8

-Season 4 of Downton Abbey doesn't start for a while for all of us here in the USA, but in Britain it starts soon, here's the trailer.  Looks awesome and I can't wait! Of course watching the trailer reminded me of Mary and Matthew and last seasons heart breaking finale, but I got over it quickly and now I'm psyched for season 4. 
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jacelacob/downton-abbey-season-4-trailer

-I did a lot of live commenting on the Watching Way Too Much Facebook page during the MTV VMA's last week, so for those of you that haven't "liked" my page, you missed out on all of the fun.  I don't really want to get into the Miley issue since it's really old news at this point, but net/net, the VMA's ratings were back to 2011 levels, the social buzz was through the roof, and the show, aside from Miley was pretty decent. (I personally would have liked more than 120 seconds of an NSync reunion.) Proof that bad taste and bad publicity yield good results and sales. Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and a bunch of the other artists that performed on the show, all saw immediate sales spikes.   

-As my son and I were going into our favorite breakfast spot during our vacation, a very scruffy Jon Stewart and his daughter (just a guess) were exiting. Jon's back from directing his first feature film and guessing that he too is in his post LBI depression as he heads back to The Daily Show tonight.  Welcome back Jon! It'll get better...I promise. 

-Nobody I know watches Longmire, but for anyone out there that does...good news, A&E gave it a 3rd season. They did cancel The Glades though...again, don't know anyone that would care about that one, but I report it all...that's what I do. 

-Anyone want to get in on The Good Wife and start binge viewing it?  Good news...all 4 seasons are now available on Hulu.  I secretly watched the first 3 seasons a while ago. The show goes against my "no lawyer show" rules. So don't tell anyone.  Hard to fit much more in as the Fall season begins especially since I started watching Dexter while I spin downstairs in my basement, but if I get through all 8 seasons of Dexter, I may go back to Good Wife. It was pretty good, but I got bored with Julianna Marguiles.  I don't get her appeal at all.  She's like a robot. No emotion at all. 

Tuesday's Trivia Question:  Dylan McDermott, Toni Collette & Tate Donovan - name their new show on CBS.

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

1 comment:

  1. Hostages: interesting cast, but 15 episodes for a basic plot premise that has been done numerous times on different shows over the years sounds like watching mud dry. I'll be watching The Blacklist. Even though it too has a well worn premise at least it promises the possibility of evolving over time; plus James Spader is supposedly excellent in the lead role.

    ReplyDelete