Friday, January 10, 2014

Parks and Rec, Parenthood and Comedians in Cars...the Midseason has begun!




The answer to Thursday's Trivia QuestionSosie Bacon, Melanie Griffith, Laura Dern, Joely Fisher, Dakota Johnson, and Rumer Willis all have been Miss GOLDEN GLOBES!!!!
FIRST FIVES:  Mike O'Dea, Monica Caraffa, Tom Murray, Karen Feldman & Andrea Walters
Honorable Mention: Francesca Sullivan

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
Modern Family-ABC 3.5/9.5
The People's Choice Awards-CBS 2.4/10.3
The Middle-ABC 2.2/8.8
Law & Order SVU-CBS 2.1/8.8
Chicago PD-NBC 2.0/8.5

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
American Horror Story-FX 1.8/3.4
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.7
American Pickers-History1.1/4.1
FX Movie-FX 1.0/2.1
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9

Wednesday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
People's Choice Awards-CBS 1,995,500 Tweets
American Horror Story-FX 206,300 Tweets
Law & Order SVU-NBC 79,700 Tweets
Chicago PD-NBC 46,400 Tweets
The Real World: Ex-plostion 21,500 Tweets

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Patton Oswalt and Jerry hooked up in LA in a DeLorean, but things didn't go so well and Uber had to come bail them out. Great integration, seamless, organic, just perfect. Patton's really funny, the coffee place was hardcore. I'm not even a coffee drinker and now I want to check this place out next time I'm in LA.  10 point bonus if you know the first show Patton Oswalt acted in. Here's the link, I made it easy for you. Enjoy. http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/patton-oswalt-how-would-you-kill-superman

Parks & Recreation
Chris Pratt's my new favorite guy. He's hilarious and I have a feeling that he's just as funny in real life as he his on TV. Chris's character Andy was back from Europe but struggling with jet lag big time which meant mowing the lawn at 2am, peeing in the middle of a meeting and falling asleep everywhere. It was Leslie's last day in office. For 1/2 the show she thought about re-running for Councilman Dexhart's seat since he's on his 10th sex scandal, but ultimately she decided not to run.  Eating waffles at JJ's, and making out with Ben on the couch were her short term plans. I guess we'll have to wait and see what's next for Knope.  Arthur Fonzarelli alert...Arthur Fonzarelli alert. Put your thumbs in the air and scream Aayyyyyy. Ann Perkins and Chris Trager asked the Fonz to tell them the sex of their baby.  Rob, looked like he needed a hair cut, but he must be using some good product in that hair of his because it stayed up perfectly even though it was WAY too long. (They're having a boy BTW.) Tom wanted to take his Rent-A-Swag dough and invest in other ideas, so he held a pseudo Shark Tank contest and found a whole lot of nothing to invest in. So everyone is sort of in limbo...until next week I'm sure.

The Spoils of Babylon
Eric Jonrosh Will Farrell sported some pretty good makeup to introduce us to Spoils of Babylon.
The opening reminded me of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
Haley Joel Osment, Tobey Mcguire (Devon Morehouse)  and Kristen Wiig
starts with a shootout, but we're not sure who pulled the trigger and who
Tim Robbins
Michael Sheen
Jessica Alba
Openign soundtrack
David Spade
Molly Shannon
Steve Lawrence sang the Soundtrack

Parenthood
Does anyone listen when someone says "I don't want to talk about it?" Not just in the Braverman family...anyone? Last night, Max and Amber both said they didn't want to talk about what was bothering them but Zeek and Adam refused to accept their wishes. This made me think about when I say "I don't want to talk about it"-rare but it does come out of my mouth once in a while. When someone says it to me, I push until they talk. So net/net, does "I don't want to talk about it" really mean I NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT? I think so. Just a thought.  
Another thought...did Ryan trade in Amber's ring for that big brand new shiny truck? For some reason I didn't think you could bring your big shiny brand new truck to the Army. Dumb thought, I know. I assumed that everyone that shows up at their Fort of choice comes in on a bus. See what happens when you watch so much TV? Not many scenes take place in the Army's parking lot right? Back to the tough stuff for Parenthood. Max having no friends, Joel and Julia's relationship and Amber saying goodbye to Ryan. Of course we got a little relief this week. Hank and Sarah interviewing for the same job and Oliver moving in with Crosby and Jasmine. It can't all be heavy and draining. Even when it is though we're moved. Each and every episode has one (or 10) of those moments. For me this week the moment that got me was when Zeek went to Amber's apartment. Made me miss my Grandpa who was a pretty cool guy like Zeek.

NEWS & INFORMATION:

-The Directors Guild of America announced it's award nominees yesterday. 
For TV here are the biggies:
Drama: Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston), House of Cards, Breaking Bad (Vince Gilligan), Homeland & Game of Thrones. 
Comedy: Big Bang Theory, Modern Family(Bryan Cranston), Modern Family, 30 Rock & Big Bang Theory
Congrats to Bryan Cranston. I wonder how many times an actor gets nominated for directing in his own show and another in a different category.

-Good news, bad news Boardwalk Empire fans. Good news- the show has been renewed for a 5th season. Bad news, it's the final season. You know my deal with this one. I tried to get into it REALLY TRIED and I couldn't. I should probably try again, but I gotta be honest, highly unlikely I will. No real eye candy...shallow of me...yes.

-I was watching my FBFF's show last night and saw an ad for the new season of the must see/must hate show, Girls. I wasn't paying attention and thought it said "special 2 HOUR premiere."  I totally freaked out because I hate watching Girls, and there's no way I could watch that mess for 2 hours. I rewound and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.  It's not 2 HOURS, it's 2 PARTS...whewwwww thank god! More good/bad news. Girls is already renewed for a 4th season and it's 3rd season hasn't even started yet. Shoot me. 

-Okay see if you get this. IFC used to stand for Independent Film Channel. Now they've change their name to IFC but it stands for nothing at all BUT they still will air independent films on the channel.  I wonder how many man hours and dollars were spent to come to that conclusion. Good news though, I don't have to change anything in my DVR at all. 

-New year, more new names. If my husband is reading this though, he will care. His beloved Military Channel is being renamed the American Heroes Channel. Doesn't necessarily fly off the tongue though does it? I'm betting that it becomes AHC and in like 3-4 years I'm telling you that the American Heroes Channel has been renamed AHC. Keep this one, refer to it in 2016. You heard it here first. 

-I didn't last all 6 minutes, but I did watch Winnie Cooper's math thing for almost 5 minutes. She does make math fun. Crust =Pie Dough...got it! If you're a Wonder Years fan, you'll want to check it out. It's really not bad at all...if you're into math you'll love it! http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/01/danica-mckellar-debuts-math-bites-web-series-with-salute-to-pi.html

-Netflix and Amazon and Hulu are totally battling thing out for exclusive rights to things these days. Winner of the Veronica Mars round...Amazon. 

-Let me know what you guys are watching on Sunday. Holy cow...Golden Globes, Downton, Good Wife, True Detective Premiere, Girls Premiere, Episodes Premiere, Shameless Premiere, House of Lies Premiere, Revenge & Betrayal. Tip...watch the Showtime stuff now...I already watched Episodes. Again...Network execs...THERE ARE OTHER NIGHTSSSSSSS!!!!!

Friday's Trivia Question: Chris Pratt is currently on Parks & Rec and Emily Van Camp is currently on Revenge. Name the show they started out in together. 

Have a great weekend!

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment